Car dealers ownself set up portal

Mockngbrd

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/car-dealers-set-up-own-online-portal-to-be-rolled-out-late-may?cx_testId=0&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

yq-ucars2e-03042019_2x.jpg?itok=yjM9YAn_

SINGAPORE - In the face of competition from online portals, car dealers have banded together to set up their own marketplace.

Dubbed UCars, the site is expected to be rolled out by the end of next month.

It is the brainchild of 21 United Holdings, a consortium formed by 40 car dealers in Singapore who are in the midst of raising $5 million to run the site.

UCars aims to offer "thousands of quality new and used car listings", in addition to exclusive deals, privileges and events for both consumers and dealers.

"Our strict verification procedures mean that we will be the gold standard for having the most extensive collection of quality and reliable cars," said spokesman Leslie Hong.

By the end of this year, consumers will be able to sell their cars to dealers through the UCars marketplace.

The Straits Times first reported in November last year that car dealers had plans in the works to introduce their own portal to compete against sites such as sgCarMart and Carousell, which have gained ground in recent years.

21 United Holdings chairman Eddie Loo said that having their own portal will allow dealers to cut out the middleman and let them pass on the savings to customers.

The members of the consortium are all industry veterans, some with several decades of experience, he noted.

Mr Loo, who is also managing director of car dealer CarTimes Automobile, said the combined experience of these companies allows them to serve customers better and gives them an advantage over other online marketplaces.

"We understand what consumers want," he said.

...... consumers don't want 2nd hand dealers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/car-dealers-set-up-own-online-portal-to-be-rolled-out-late-may?cx_testId=0&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

SINGAPORE - In the face of competition from online portals, car dealers have banded together to set up their own marketplace.

Dubbed UCars, the site is expected to be rolled out by the end of next month.

It is the brainchild of 21 United Holdings, a consortium formed by 40 car dealers in Singapore who are in the midst of raising $5 million to run the site.

UCars aims to offer "thousands of quality new and used car listings", in addition to exclusive deals, privileges and events for both consumers and dealers.

"Our strict verification procedures mean that we will be the gold standard for having the most extensive collection of quality and reliable cars," said spokesman Leslie Hong.

By the end of this year, consumers will be able to sell their cars to dealers through the UCars marketplace.

The Straits Times first reported in November last year that car dealers had plans in the works to introduce their own portal to compete against sites such as sgCarMart and Carousell, which have gained ground in recent years.

21 United Holdings chairman Eddie Loo said that having their own portal will allow dealers to cut out the middleman and let them pass on the savings to customers.

The members of the consortium are all industry veterans, some with several decades of experience, he noted.

Mr Loo, who is also managing director of car dealer CarTimes Automobile, said the combined experience of these companies allows them to serve customers better and gives them an advantage over other online marketplaces.

Consumers do not wanna buy cars with fake mileage . Do they really understand that?
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

This is a cool clever idea to hot up the competition.

More choices and alternatives.

Everybody wins.

Haha...we want honest and trustworthy 2nd hand car dealers.

1. No odometer tampering

2. No admin fees

3. No run off with any money paid

4. Car ownership trsf within 3 days

5. Honour written promises

6. Honour lemon laws

7. No fake advertisements

8. No put money b4 test drive

9. Must return deposit if loan no go

10.Deposit amt to be minimal or token

Just my personal lists of "knowing" your consumers. Am sure there are others. Knowing is not enuff. Can deliver is the key. Otherwise just talk talk only.

Advantage over other online marketplaces? Guess its the fee paid to post car advertisements.

Its another online resource for price comparisons. Me no in this trade or related.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 11

Supercharged

:XD:  COOLSTORY.jpg

• Praise 1

Haha...we want honest and trustworthy 2nd hand car dealers.

1. No odometer tampering

2. No admin fees

6. Honour lemon laws

Just my personal lists of "knowing" your consumers. Am sure there are others. Knowing is not enuff. Can deliver is the key. Otherwise just talk talk only.

Advantage over other online marketplaces? Guess its the fee paid to post car advertisements.

Its another online resource for price comparisons. Me no in this trade or related.

Safe ride

Cheers

1. No odometer tampering

2. No admin fees

6. Honour lemon laws

11. Do not try to pass off ex PHV as 1 owner 'low mileage' cars

12. Do not sell hastily repaired, or ex flooded cars and try to pass them off as low mileage cars

The big qns is... if they agree/comply to any 2 of the above list.... can they still be called used car dealers? [laugh] 

Turbocharged

Please read the quote very carefully. The guy just said they understand what consumers want. He did not say that they will give what the consumers want.

• Praise 1

Please read the quote very carefully. The guy just said they understand what consumers want. He did not say that they will give what the consumers want.

...and who wants second hand dealer? I don’t even want first hand...I want car not dealer...Super duper chio one can consider though.

...and who wants second hand dealer? I don’t even want first hand...I want car not dealer...Super duper chio one can consider though.

buy car online?

Hypersonic

Do we have to migrate to Ucars for this forum? If Ucars give each member 100 dollars petrol voucher I will do immediately.

[laugh]

wah so easy to buy you over.......sibeh no standard

nothing will take me away from mcf which gives me a chance to finally receive ntuc vouchers personally from mcf goddess hor

:XD: 

What irks me most is used car dealer who disguises as direct owner to avoid law made out of lemon.

When probed, would confess he’s a dealer selling “own car”...whereby he has many many many own cars to sell hor.

Just come clean lah. For used cars no need any warranty lah. Price it to match the car condition can liao.

Talk price, view car, settle price, test drive ok, sign, pay for car and insurance, drive off.

So simple right, Tianmo?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

but...but they are the middlemen?

who are they trying to cut out again?

[dizzy]  :D

Trying to cut out direct sellers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1