Home visit doctor

Neutrino

Supercharged

Been meaning to post this for over a month, even though it might only interest some.

Home visit doctors can be quite expensive but my missus found this group to come and check on her mother who at the time was not well and it's difficult to get her to the Polyclinic which has a long wait in cold aircon.

Anyway https://www.rescu.sg/a-b-o-u-t came along to look at my mil.

They stayed about one hour did quite a few tests and took my mil medical history.

The whole team of three came along and they were very caring to my mil.

They suggested after some tests etc that my mil be sent to A & E because of low Blood oxygen and the possibility of a chest infection.  They even wrote a letter for the A & E doctor explaining their tests results etc..

My mil was admitted and the doctors at the hospital confirmed it was the correct thing to bring my mil to A & E.

Their one hour visit was billed at S$ 68.

I've no relationship to this team in any way but I wholeheartedly recommend them.

They were great.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Hypersonic
(edited)

Nowadays go normal gp clinic, consultation (~10 mins) and meds, about $50 liao. So $68 for one hour consultation and tests at home is very reasonable.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Wah. So cheap - 3 person, what kind of tests? Blood tests? 1 hour- all for $68? - who is subsiding them?

Am happy you are happy - another might think this $68 is not well spent- did not avert going to emergency

Also - if decision is to send to emergency department- need 1 hour to decide this?

• Praise 3

Such home visit doctor is useful when you are so sick to go out to see GP.

I kena vertigo once and my cousin (not Dra) had to drop in to give me a jab.

FOC . . .  [:p]

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I kena vertigo once and my cousin (not Dra) had to drop in to give me a jab.

FOC . . .  [:p]

Vertigo difficult to step out of the house, home visit doctor best. But your even better, got free jab.  :a-m1212:

Turbocharged

Wah. So cheap - 3 person, what kind of tests? Blood tests? 1 hour- all for $68? - who is subsiding them?

Am happy you are happy - another might think this $68 is not well spent- did not avert going to emergency

Also - if decision is to send to emergency department- need 1 hour to decide this?

how to make money???? 3 person only 68 for 1 hour?

Hypersonic

how to make money???? 3 person only 68 for 1 hour?

Next time will have GrabDoc, even cheaper house call.  [laugh]

• Praise 4

Next time will have GrabDoc, even cheaper house call. [laugh]

GrabDoc or Grabnurse might just happen in near future. It's disruption especially when there is a demand need in the market.

To me, it's viable.

• Praise 1

Next time will have GrabDoc, even cheaper house call. [laugh]

Not sustainable one lah.

Unless u have a relationship with the patient already, most of these house calls don't serve much purpose. This is not the time of 30-40 years ago. Half the time, u need to send them to a&e anyway esp for the older folks or bedbound.

Nurses going in to educate on home nursing, chronic disease management yes.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Not sustainable one lah.

Unless u have a relationship with the patient already, most of these house calls don't serve much purpose. This is not the time of 30-40 years ago. Half the time, u need to send them to a&e anyway esp for the older folks or bedbound.

Nurses going in to educate on home nursing, chronic disease management yes.

But there is no relationship Doctor/Patient in Polyclinic.

You see a different doctor every time you visit.

Also for us, if half the time you don't have to send to A&E that is a big benefit because A&E waiting time can be so long, in cold aircon atmosphere, without relatives able to assist in conversing etc, very little monitoring by A&E staff and long long wait until warding.

We've only had a little experience of Home Nursing and we weren't impressed.

But ours is only one point of view and others will have a differentf opinion.

No problem.

• Praise 1

Also for us, if half the time you don't have to send to A&E that is a big benefit because A&E waiting time can be so long, in cold aircon atmosphere, without relatives able to assist in conversing etc, very little monitoring by A&E staff and long long wait until warding.

No problem.

Sure. Everyone had different expectations of what is best available to deliver care. Home visits can be helpful.

It's a niche and the few providers r really the dedicated ones. Cos almost no one else finds it worth the while.

A&E is meant to be a one stop shop. Unfortunately, with current health care expectations by both patient and healthcare professionals (both legal and ethical standards), it won't be changing anytime soon.

No problem.

if the patient has prior condition, most of the time when they go A&E no need to wait, jump queue and quickly do all the measurement and push in straight away.

Been meaning to post this for over a month, even though it might only interest some.

Home visit doctors can be quite expensive but my missus found this group to come and check on her mother who at the time was not well and it's difficult to get her to the Polyclinic which has a long wait in cold aircon.

Anyway https://www.rescu.sg/a-b-o-u-t came along to look at my mil.

They stayed about one hour did quite a few tests and took my mil medical history.

The whole team of three came along and they were very caring to my mil.

They suggested after some tests etc that my mil be sent to A & E because of low Blood oxygen and the possibility of a chest infection. They even wrote a letter for the A & E doctor explaining their tests results etc..

My mil was admitted and the doctors at the hospital confirmed it was the correct thing to bring my mil to A & E.

Their one hour visit was billed at S$ 68.

I've no relationship to this team in any way but I wholeheartedly recommend them.

They were great.

Wow ! Including blood tests @$68/- is very reasonable ; I might use them in future for my Mom but only thing is they have to understand the patients long medical history with so many parameters and how and what conclusion can they come to finally as geriatric care is damn dicey situation and finally end up in A&E

if the patient has prior condition, most of the time when they go A&E no need to wait, jump queue and quickly do all the measurement and push in straight away.

Not the case with TTSH from our experience. My late mum was a regular there but at A&E also need to queue up and wait for bed space. From morning wait till evening just for a bed. [dead]

Supersonic

Not the case with TTSH from our experience. My late mum was a regular there but at A&E also need to queue up and wait for bed space. From morning wait till evening just for a bed. [dead]

But think at least the A&E doctors had attended to your late mum, but only need to queue for bed? 

But think at least the A&E doctors had attended to your late mum, but only need to queue for bed? 

Yup. But no priority queue. Still must take number and go thru triage station with missy inside. Twice, we walked over from Geriatrics to A&E. The doctors in Geriatrics say no priority queue, have to go over to take number. If u been to TTSH, u will know that Geriatrics and A&E is just side by side only with a walkway link, same open air carpark.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1