Audi tuning by PA

Midorima

(edited)

Hi all,

This may already be discussed, and if so, feel free to direct me to the topic. I can't seem to find it in the forums.

For Audi cars, understand PA does tuning. Heard it is mtm stage 1 or something. Am I right?

Any bros did it for their cars and are there any cons or things to take note? 

Edited by Midorima
↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

This may already be discussed, and if so, feel free to direct me to the topic. I can't seem to find it in the forums.

For Audi cars, understand PA does tuning. Heard it is mtm stage 1 or something. Am I right?

Any bros did it for their cars and are there any cons or things to take note? 

hi, 

there are MTM for base a4/a5 (190hp to 250hp) and REVO for a4/a5 quattro (250hp to 316hp)

I personally didnt tune but know some who did tune with mtm

• 0-100 improved by ~0.4s.
  • car hit 120 kmh much faster.  
  • recommended to pump ron 98 petrol after tuning 

these are some of the feedback i heard

PA told me that they can do in house tuning by mtm.

not ex, basic tune is ecu remap, and that mean higher level of wear and tear.

not interested to do it and anything around 200 horse is good enough.

(edited)

Thanks. I asked for quotes and they introduced Revo and MTM.

Both are not approved by LTA. What are the chances of it being detected actually?

Also, it mentioned extra strain on engine drive train, and recommended better brakes and suspension etc as well. I think a stage 1 tune shouldn’t be that bad right?

Also, will insurance be affected?

Edited by Midorima

(edited)

Both are not approved by LTA. What are the chances of it being detected actually?

Also, it mentioned extra strain on engine drive train, and recommended better brakes and suspension etc as well. I think a stage 1 tune shouldn’t be that bad right?

I believe engine tunes without hardware mods like turbo/exhaust are not illegal. But it is a grey area, best not to probe too much into stuff like this.

Remaps are basically undetectable, except by the dealer, for the purpose of voiding a warranty.

Piggybacks are visually detectable, but hey, they're fuel economy devices which are allowed! :D

So relax. As the saying goes, mod don't scared. Scared don't mod. LOL.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

Also, it mentioned extra strain on engine drive train, and recommended better brakes and suspension etc as well. I think a stage 1 tune shouldnât be that bad right?

Not approved by LTA doesn't means it's illegal.

Cos if it's illegal they can't even sell it to you.

Engine tunes do not require LTA approval.

Recommendation of better brakes and suspension is just fluff for them to milk consumers pockets.

Doing this tune and adding more horsepower is like putting more money into your wallet.

Having more money doesn't mean you'll spend more. It's just that you have more buffer and flexibility during exigencies, and having more money makes you feel good.

Coming back to motoring speak, doing a tune ups the power yes, but it doesn't mean you'll change your driving style right. You won't be redlining Everytime or break the speed limit blatantly right. So with this tune, and you continue to drive normally, why need to upgrade suspension or brakes?

More power and torque makes the drive feel more responsive and enjoyable (make u feel good). It gives you the confidence to overtake safely when the need arises (exigencies). All these is analogous to my more money in wallet story.

So, if you can afford it, it'll be worth it. If I'm not wrong, getting this done at PA preserves warranty so why not right.

• Praise 4

Recommendation of better brakes and suspension is just fluff for them to milk consumers pockets.

Doing this tune and adding more horsepower is like putting more money into your wallet.

Having more money doesn't mean you'll spend more. It's just that you have more buffer and flexibility during exigencies, and having more money makes you feel good.

Coming back to motoring speak, doing a tune ups the power yes, but it doesn't mean you'll change your driving style right. You won't be redlining Everytime or break the speed limit blatantly right. So with this tune, and you continue to drive normally, why need to upgrade suspension or brakes?

More power and torque makes the drive feel more responsive and enjoyable (make u feel good). It gives you the confidence to overtake safely when the need arises (exigencies). All these is analogous to my more money in wallet story.

So, if you can afford it, it'll be worth it. If I'm not wrong, getting this done at PA preserves warranty so why not right. ð

Wow this must be the most poisonous post ever hahaha

So, if you can afford it, it'll be worth it. If I'm not wrong, getting this done at PA preserves warranty so why not right. ð

Ok I’m going for Revo Stage 1 in a couple of weeks. Hoping it’s gonna be a great drive after that!
  • Praise 3

Ok I’m going for Revo Stage 1 in a couple of weeks. Hoping it’s gonna be a great drive after that!

Envy!! are u driving a4 quattro? revo can tune a4 quattro from 250 to 310 hp

Envy!! are u driving a4 quattro? revo can tune a4 quattro from 250 to 310 hp

No actually. I am driving a modest Q3 1.4l.

150bhp/250nm increased to 178-200/292-327.

About 20% so looks good.

No actually. I am driving a modest Q3 1.4l.

150bhp/250nm increased to 178-200/292-327.

About 20% so looks good.

ah i see, 60-70nm more torque, that will be fun

heardPA's MTM tune is disgustingly expensive. how must is stage-1?

I think it is car dependent, and also how old is your car because they take over the warranty of the car until the original warranty expires.

For mine they quoted 3.9k + gst.

I guess they have to factor in possible warranty costs, because sometimes things spoil not because of tuning but PA still have to repair and they can’t claim from Audi factory anymore.

I think it is car dependent, and also how old is your car because they take over the warranty of the car until the original warranty expires.

For mine they quoted 3.9k + gst.

I guess they have to factor in possible warranty costs, because sometimes things spoil not because of tuning but PA still have to repair and they can’t claim from Audi factory anymore.

well its higher than most market tuning which vary $1.5k +/-

but I guess if its is agent, add 100% is not unusual.  doesn't sound too bad

well its higher than most market tuning which vary $1.5k +/-

but I guess if its is agent, add 100% is not unusual.  doesn't sound too bad

After your original warranty expires, the cost of tuning with PA will drop as well as they no longer have to provide warranty. 

I have two friends who have gone with MTM tuning by PA for their A5/A6 and they highly recommended it afterwards. Go for stage 2 if you are doing it.

I have two friends who have gone with MTM tuning by PA for their A5/A6 and they highly recommended it afterwards. Go for stage 2 if you are doing it.

will stage 2 require any hardware changes?

I know mtm stage 1 is just updates on the ecu.

↡ Advertisement