Noob Qns on Pioneer AVH Headunits

Vinceh

(edited)

Im looking for replacement headunit, as mine spoilt.

Seems like pioneer is indeed market leader and popular.

My needs are basic. My sound system is stock toyota.

- rear cam

- rooftop monitor

- radio

- no need cd/dvd

- can accept usb thumbdrive video/mp3 preferred

- bluetooth calls

- steering wheel buttons control

- andriod/iphone mirror play

But there are so many many models?

How you guys differentiate?

Does high number mean it is a later version?

Thank you!

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

sorry for hijacking your post, are JVC/Kenwood HUs good too? Hope to get some value for money recommendations. Seen some HUs from JVC/Kenwood/Pioneer below $200 for used/export sets on carousell.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Not really sure what to expect from HU as I have no experience with them.

-2-din touchscreen

-play songs from android phone (If can play from spotify even better)

-radio

-steering control

-can add reverse camera

-control via android phone (Is this called carplay or mirroring? If this is an expensive function then can forget it)

Navigation is optional. 

What else to expect from a HU?

Is avh-z series the most recent? I think avh-x series is the predecessor?

Between z5xxx and z8xxx and z9xxxx, what is really the difference? I ask because it seems all the functions are the same.

Is avh-z series the most recent? I think avh-x series is the predecessor?

Between z5xxx and z8xxx and z9xxxx, what is really the difference? I ask because it seems all the functions are the same.

there could be subtle difference in the media types playable, screen type and resolution, screen size, design, inputs and outputs (usb slots, dual screen, etc)

Just sharing my experience as I was searching for a head unit for my car about a year ago. My condition was simple. I just need to have phone connectivity. Pioneer was a bit pricey and the specs doesn't look great especially the touch screen (biggest component) its resistive type. If the company wants to charge its customer a premium then at least reciprocate with premium products. So I ended looking for others and found that Kenwood (made in Indonesia) actually offers good products at affordable pricing. I got the DDX9017S which was the flagship during then and if you are driving a Toyota they have the DDX917WS that would fit nicely into the 2DIN slot. You can check that out and see if it matches what you wanted. 

Hi sorry for noob question. I'm driving a 09 i30, the stock player comes in a weird shape, so I'm wondering if it is even possible to chance the player at all. Anyone had done this before?

Hi sorry for noob question. I'm driving a 09 i30, the stock player comes in a weird shape, so I'm wondering if it is even possible to chance the player at all. Anyone had done this before?

Yes... but you need to buy a  standard 2DIN plastic bracket or just buy some plug and play unit from AliExpress.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm currently driving a Mitsubishi Grandis and my current dvd player is cracked. I'm looking to change to a new Head unit with a dvd player. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

anyone successfully swapped civic HU with an aftermarket unit?

You can try asking Aestmod in sgcarmart directory. He started off doing civic mods then moved to HUs.

Hi guys.. i am thinking to change my original headunit to Pioneer headunit. I do not know which is good and best fit my budget.

Budget $600-700 plus installation

- Able to have USB port / SD card port

- Can use my steering control

- Can link with my original reverse camera

- can watch TV.

- Bracket for the HU.

Im driving Kia K5.

TIA :)

Edited by sHy3r

Neutral Newbie

True to the spirit of DIY, I have self-installed an Alpine HU & Amps on my car. Also did soundproofing as well.

Willing to share and help anyone who needs advice and free install assistance. Caveat Emptor.

As to Pioneer HUs, the latest series is the AVH-Z.  Comes in 6.8in, 7in and 8in sizes. Single DIN starts with 7 while double din starts with 9. So for eg, AVH-7250 will be a single DIN version while AVH-9250 will be a double din. Pioneer Singapore can be contacted if you need more info. Just go look at their website for the contact number.

↡ Advertisement