Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

@lala81, hi we may not know each other or met before.    Just like to ask you be strong and stay positive.

You are in the profession, so know what to expect along the chemo journey.  Still, the mental and emotional drain are there.

Wish you a speedy recovery!  Fight and do not give up, you are still young with a young family too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

oh no!

take care doc! so sorry. this is a shocking bad surprise. Hope you, wife and parents are coping well.

u dont have to answer but did you notice any other symptoms before discovering the lump?

I noted it was swollen last year for a few days while but thought it went back to normal so ignored it.

(edited)

There will be alot of MCFers touching their scrotom in shower today.... This i can guaranteed.... :D Lol

But on a more serious note, wish you speedy recovery and best of health from here onwards!

Do not hesitate to drop me a msg if you need any help! Anything for a fellow colleague.

Found a testicular lump. Once I felt it, I knew its bad.
Not a common type of cancer. 1:100,000 risk in Asians.
Same chance as striking 4d? Lol

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 11

@lala81

We are but passing electrons on the internet flow.

But I wish you and family the best of everything possible. Stay strong and positive k

• Praise 3

Doc, we met only once during on of those runs last year at Stadium....... Get well soon we need runners back on their feet .... or rather Run for your Life (actually my previous Ortho/ Sports Doc at CGH, Ben Tan wrote that book many years back)     

• Praise 7

Thank you for sharing and I wish you speedy recovery soonest and stay strong always, with all of us sending out good vibes to you.

• Praise 4

Bro Lala, it is important that you continue to take small meals regularly (maybe from the usual 3 per day to breaking them into small portions eaten 5 times per day) to ensure that you do not lose too much weight. You need to eat and have the energy to keep you going. If possible, aim for organic food or vegetables that do not feed these cells. 

Many have recovered from such enduring times. I have closed ones who also went through similar journey and i do feel for you and your family too.

I wish u all the best. Stay strong. It is your will power and determination that will also outlast all these treatments.

• Praise 5

Doc, we met only once during on of those runs last year at Stadium....... Get well soon we need runners back on their feet .... or rather Run for your Life (actually my previous Ortho/ Sports Doc at CGH, Ben Tan wrote that book many years back)

Ha. Walking my dog is already bonus already. Definitely no energy to exert.

Haha my dog also bit confused why I don't force it to run.

That's why I ran for several days before starting chemo.

But these two weeks are taper before starting next cycle. Will walk more if I feel up to it.

Need to keep some busyness in life. Esp from someone who hasn't taken such a long break from Working since. Cooking dinner last night was a good distraction for me. Otherwise, feel like invalid.

• Praise 1

Hope you are taking it wel bro

Stay the fight buddy. You are in my prayers

@angcheek

Fyi

Region?

Dont dream of me ....
  • Praise 6

Supersonic

There will be alot of MCFers touching their scrotom in shower today.... This i can guaranteed.... :D Lol

But on a more serious note, wish you speedy recovery and best of health from here onwards!

Do not hesitate to drop me a msg if you need any help! Anything for a fellow colleague.

Ahemmmm.....u set up a scrotum fondling session for MCFers lah

Too bad u not chio bu doc, otherwise consperm the Q stretch all the way to JB....LOL

• Praise 1

Hi Lala81 - firstly, I think it's very unselfish and noble of you to share your experience in this difficult time

For all you know, you could end up helping to save someone's life

Definitely a shocker but at least the prognosis is good

I had a younger former colleague diagnosed with this more than 10 years ago, and he remains well to this day

We may not have met but like the other medical colleagues here, please feel free to pm me if you need any assistance

/ advice (not an oncologist, but sometimes get called upon for rashes etc)

• Praise 11

Dont dream of me .... ðð±

the best Region .. Japan la.

ð

U2 ...... lotsa chemistry like @discoburg n @dach

Hypersonic

Found a testicular lump. Once I felt it, I knew its bad.

Not a common type of cancer. 1:100,000 risk in Asians.

Same chance as striking 4d? Lol

Sorry to hear, and get well soon. And thanks for sharing.

For us not medical trained, we may not even realise the lump to be suspicious.

• Praise 6

(edited)

Take care and be strong, hope you will get well soon. Hear say that walking early in the morning, just before sun rise within the forest area (for the dew) is good. Example places like Botanic garden or Bukit Timah nature reserve.

Edited by Kezg1
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1