Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

Just saw this thread. Take good care and recover well. Was shocked but glad you discover it early.

First saw you during the runs previously. My Mrs had a good chat with your wife also during one of the meet at Bishan.

Lets meet up for a jog when u fully recover.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Most of my hair is gone. Was quite irritating at the start but got better after I shaved and most of my hair dropped during the admission. Yes I'm using medicated shampoo which helps.

Mon to Fri for first week. Then dose 6 and dose 7 over another two weeks.

Mine is BEP.

Yesterday wasn't a good day but feeling better today.

旧的不去,新的不来。Let go of the unhealthy hair (probably also with trace of chemical from your chemo treatment), and welcome the fresh and chemical-free hair in a few months time.

About good days, bad days, isn't that what we are facing everyday, whether you are healthy or not?

Sorry Doc, I am really not good with comforting people, thus the nonsense above. [:p] I just want to cheer you up a little and wish you all well. [:)]

• Praise 17

a lot of such theory but how many people know what to do ? if say someone got cancer tomorrow, then start to research what is the best cure without chemo? easy to put up such theory but no easy to practice, i know those who dun really care about death can take their time to do so.

My mother in law survived liver cancer after chemo. My own mother is still happily enjoying life after undergoing chemo treatment. Three of my friends survived chemo treatment after different cancer treatment.

There are cases where chemo may not help but not to forget that one may not survive if he leave cancer untreated.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 7

So long ago...is that 秦åç? There is another bald guy...èµµåçð

A memorable series is one where they time travelled.ð

老夫子movie.

Wah cisplatin, old drug and can be rough ride for some. Hair gone (small case which will grow back one), appetite down because of taste & nausea. But you need to eat for the nutrients. The most impt nutrient shd be protein; needed for cell repair. But the taste of meat may become a big turn off. Do try to eat some and supplement with alternatives like Ensure and eggs. Its a eat to survive mode, PM said before.

If taste has turned metallic, use non-metal spoon/utensils , may also use disposable plastic spoon, eat and throw to reduce chance of yr family coming in contact with yr saliva.

Increase water intake to help BEP move around and out of yr body.

Until the last infusion over, don do mind over body; if body says sleep, goto sleep. When it says stop, rest. When it regains strength, then you move about.

Cisplatin maybe old but is the mainstay of the treatment for my type of cancer.

OK lah. My taste buds, hearing etc all pretty OK. Nausea improved over the weekend.

Sweating and insomnia setting in though. But manageable.

Lol I'm quite well nourished by my mum. No Worries.

• Praise 2

You can wear a nice cap or scarf lo. ð

My favourite comic. ð

Lost one cap already. Now using my dad one.

I'm not really a cap person. Feels uncomfortable.

can get Ensure from JB, about 30% cheaper.

Lol all milk powders r cheaper in Malaysia.

Lost one cap already. Now using my dad one.

I'm not really a cap person. Feels uncomfortable.

Lol all milk powders r cheaper in Malaysia.

Maybe you can consider this?

Cooler in our humid climate & so many different prints to choose from.

post-109106-0-74690100-1556515312_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Maybe you can consider this?

Cooler in our humid climate & so many different prints to choose from.

image.jpg

Ha thanks. But no need lah. The hair doesn't really bother me.

Ha thanks. But no need lah. The hair doesn't really bother me.

But even your hair doesnt bother you, but careful your bald head might catch a cold le.  [:p]

But even your hair doesnt bother you, but careful your bald head might catch a cold le.  [:p]

if head feel cold, try this?

post-111352-0-86639200-1556532042_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 11

Turbocharged

Some Bro might know that my son was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor 3 years back, got 1 of his kidney removed and later spread to his lungs.  (1st relapse)

We fought the battle together. It was tiring and a long hard battle. After multiple treatments, he was clear, 2 months back had his portal cath removed.... and we started to plan for a family trip....  he has finally won a well deserve trip.....

so we thought......

Last week, a routine check found the tumor back at the kidney area.... we were devastated...... WHY!!!..... its a 2nd relapse.... the prognosis is not ideal....

BUT, WTF...... we gonna go battle again and we gonna fight!!! 

So Bro, we understand what you are going through... let's fight this together!!!! 

• Praise 37

(edited)

Some Bro might know that my son was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor 3 years back, got 1 of his kidney removed and later spread to his lungs. (1st relapse)

We fought the battle together. It was tiring and a long hard battle. After multiple treatments, he was clear, 2 months back had his portal cath removed.... and we started to plan for a family trip.... he has finally won a well deserve trip.....

so we thought......

Last week, a routine check found the tumor back at the kidney area.... we were devastated...... WHY!!!..... its a 2nd relapse.... the prognosis is not ideal....

So Bro, we understand what you are going through... let's fight this together!!!!

All the best, bro. What I'm undergoing is nothing compared to what your family and kid is going through at such a young age.

We can only encourage each other.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

Some Bro might know that my son was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor 3 years back, got 1 of his kidney removed and later spread to his lungs. (1st relapse)

We fought the battle together. It was tiring and a long hard battle. After multiple treatments, he was clear, 2 months back had his portal cath removed.... and we started to plan for a family trip.... he has finally won a well deserve trip.....

so we thought......

Oh! I remember you. You share about your son's condition somewhere around Christmas 2 or 3 years ago if I am not wrong.

Your son is 6 or 7 years old now right? He's such a brave boy! 加油! Please tell him that aunties and uncles here are so proud of him and we will pray for him.

加油! 加油! Get well and fully recover soon.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 16

Hypersonic

Bro @Nlatio .......... fight fight fight ...... your son has our blessings!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13