Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/vitamins-during-breast-cancer-chemotherapy-recurrence-death-12207804

Taking anti oxidants or vitamin supplements during chemo not a good idea based on the current evidence. Seems to make cancer recur more easily. 

So it's not always that supplements or trying to 补 your body via tcm is a good idea. Better to do all these after chemo. 

• Praise 2

I was attracted to NCC Radiation therapy treatment last week. Very sad seeing the patients going thru the treatment. Especially the elderly and kids. For elderly, most palliative treatments only.

But learned a lot how the patient go through the whole process and how the staff create the treatment plan.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2020 at 6:54 AM, Lala81 said:

The treatment for this 5yrs old kids is working. Although the journey is still long, hope he can fully recover.

No cancer cells detected: First major step to recovery for British boy in Singapore for experimental treatment

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/oscar-saxelby-lee-cancer-leukaemia-experimental-treatment-12269276

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 1/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Adrianli said:

I was attracted to NCC Radiation therapy treatment last week. Very sad seeing the patients going thru the treatment. Especially the elderly and kids. For elderly, most palliative treatments only.

But learned a lot how the patient go through the whole process and how the staff create the treatment plan.

Radiation is not fun. My friend's dad underwent it before he passed. He said it's worse than chemo. 

Reading about Radiation for my type of cancer before chemo came along, also lot of morbidity.

But radiation is quite good for some cancers like NPC.

Edited by Lala81

I went for colonscopy and the doc said I have a nodule in my prostate. Not big .doc did finger examination and asked me go mri although he said risk is low for my age born in 1981.

Do u smoke? Cos docs got asked me.

7 minutes ago, Babyt said:

I went for colonscopy and the doc said I have a nodule in my prostate. Not big .doc did finger examination and asked me go mri although he said risk is low for my age born in 1981.

Do u smoke? Cos docs got asked me.

Smoking is linked with most cancers. 

Non smoker. 

• Praise 1