Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

The person who is currently undergoing chemo happens to be a doctor. I'm certain he knows what he is doing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

true it will be the most difficult informed decision u make if u choose otherwise. But using chemo is not a decision. it is thrust on it solely taking advantage of your diatressed situation.

ask the doctors for the survival rate ? at least should have statistics. how many make 2rd year how many died. Above all what if they did not do chemo and take the money and go for a holiday in switzerland?

Now is not the time to be insensitive.
  • Praise 4

true it will be the most difficult informed decision u make if u choose otherwise. But using chemo is not a decision. it is thrust on it solely taking advantage of your diatressed situation.

ask the doctors for the survival rate ? at least should have statistics. how many make 2rd year how many died. Above all what if they did not do chemo and take the money and go for a holiday in switzerland?

how many die after chemo or without chemo?

if the doctor dun have the statistics and ask you to decide, will you take the chance?

if the doctor dun have the statistics and ask you to decide, will you take the chance?

death rate is 100%, whether one has cancer or not.

someone very dear to me lost the battle against cancer less than a year ago.

First diagnosed with cancer approx. 10 yr ago. Went chemo "successfully" but suffered the pain, depression etc.

Cancer resurfaced approx. 6-7yr later, this time, in a very aggressive manner.

Looking back, my takeaway is, its not how long one lives; It's how one lives. Quality of life, doing meaningful stuff with people you care for and not wasting time/energy on frivolous issues.

Edited by JohnSHL
  • Praise 10

so easy to decide in sgp.

1. if u have dependent like children.

spent 100k enjoy life for a few months or a year. leave the million to your chuldren

2. if single. just chemo and burnt the million or million unless u re smart single then u go bangkok and screw yourself to death

3. worst is when fear and geeedy hospital overtake u. spent your million . die in a year and leave your children pennyless to go looking for sugar daddy. too many such cases in sgp to mention.

spent 100k enjoy life for a few months or a year. leave the million to your chuldren

2. if single. just chemo and burnt the million or million unless u re smart single then u go bangkok and screw yourself to death

3. worst is when fear and geeedy hospital overtake u. spent your million . die in a year and leave your children pennyless to go looking for sugar daddy. too many such cases in sgp to mention.

1. not all cases spend million dollars on chemo, unless you die die want to go private suites.

2. not all patients die one year after chemo.

do you have someone close to you that have cancer and you will encourage them not to go for chemo?

Your oncologist should be able to quote you the general statistics for 5 year relapse rate of your stage of cancer.

A truly informed decision is not easy. It's of course possible to influence decisions even based on the way u present/frame information. For example, 70% chance of no relapse in 5 years vs 30% chance of relapse.

Ultimately cancer will kill as many humans as all the metabolic syndrome problems.

The oncologist at ncc are on fixed pay from what I know. So they really have no vested interest in making u pay...

Ultimately, many pts pay for hope and vulnerable. So similarly believing all the crap about alternative medicine, stem cell treatment and cure by gurus etc fall under these

• Praise 4

My two cycles of chemo (admittedly these are older non cutting edge medicines) cost less than 2k. Subsidised care yes.

Out of which is covered under hospitalisation insurance and medisave.

I'm sure there are some chemo treatments which go to 5-6 digits and some new patented drugs that can go to that level. I may also think twice if I'm older and my disease is advanced.

• Praise 3

Your oncologist should be able to quote you the general statistics for 5 year relapse rate of your stage of cancer.

A truly informed decision is not easy. It's of course possible to influence decisions even based on the way u present/frame information. For example, 70% chance of no relapse in 5 years vs 30% chance of relapse.

Ultimately cancer will kill as many humans as all the metabolic syndrome problems.

The oncologist at ncc are on fixed pay from what I know. So they really have no vested interest in making u pay...

Ultimately, many pts pay for hope and vulnerable. So similarly believing all the crap about alternative medicine, stem cell treatment and cure by gurus etc fall under these

Take care bro!

Your problems make my problems look really small

• Praise 4

My two cycles of chemo (admittedly these are older non cutting edge medicines) cost less than 2k. Subsidised care yes.

I'm sure there are some chemo treatments which go to 5-6 digits and some new patented drugs that can go to that level. I may also think twice if I'm older and my disease is advanced.

Hey mate, how you feeling? Any improvement after the treatment. Hope things are progressing well.

Take care bro!

Your problems make my problems look really small

OK lah. It's all relative. Some Suffering is also learning.

Hey mate, how you feeling? Any improvement after the treatment. Hope things are progressing well.

It's tolerable. The picc helps a lot since I don't need to be poked each time I come.

Frankly, More worried about the immunocompromised state in the next two weeks which caused me to be hospitalised the last round.

If the treatment is a few thousand dollars go for it.  they are not going to give u alot of chemo for that kind of money and most likely you will benefit from it.

On the other hand if have full medical insurance, max medisave , got money and got cancer....you are as good as dead.  The Hospital will blast you with max chemo to reap max money .  Actually hospital dont have a choice.  Today overhead are so high.  Sgp is best at least in the way ----- they check who can pay and make these rich pay.  Actually i should not be revealing this as now there are many rich reading this thread who will  be saved from 'donating ' to the upkeep of the hospital.

If the treatment is a few thousand dollars go for it.  they are not going to give u alot of chemo for that kind of money and most likely you will benefit from it.

On the other hand if have full medical insurance, max medisave , got money and got cancer....you are as good as dead.  The Hospital will blast you with max chemo to reap max money .  Actually hospital dont have a choice.  Today overhead are so high.  Sgp is best at least in the way ----- they check who can pay and make these rich pay.  Actually i should not be revealing this as now there are many rich reading this thread who will  be saved from 'donating ' to the upkeep of the hospital.

the point here is not about the money that hospital make, it is the alternatives that you did not suggest. You are practically asking people to sit there do nothing, wait and die.

i think your agenda is against the hospital and not the welfare of the patients.

• Praise 6

We know you have a lot of angst against the hospital and system but please don't bring that into this thread. This is not the right thread.

TS is just sharing his ordeal and he is already very patient liao. 

• Praise 7

If your disease is advanced and u want to consider palliative treatment, its definitely possible.

Two of the pts in my 4 bedder which I shared one week were essentially palliative pts. They both obviously had cancer. One was young, one was old.

Unfortunately for better or worse, theres no euthanasia here in Sg.

Just going home to die from cancer, its really as shitty as it sounds. U also need a a lot of family support and personal fortitude to undergo the suffering. Ultimately the road is rough either way.

• Praise 9

If the treatment is a few thousand dollars go for it. they are not going to give u alot of chemo for that kind of money and most likely you will benefit from it.

On the other hand if have full medical insurance, max medisave , got money and got cancer....you are as good as dead. The Hospital will blast you with max chemo to reap max money . Actually hospital dont have a choice. Today overhead are so high. Sgp is best at least in the way ----- they check who can pay and make these rich pay. Actually i should not be revealing this as now there are many rich reading this thread who will be saved from 'donating ' to the upkeep of the hospital.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your views. We appreciated but I think this is not the correct thread to discuss. There's another thread on cancer perhaps you want to discuss there.

Link as follows: https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2692951-cancer-cases-on-the-rise-in-singapore/?fromsearch=1

I think this thread consists more of TS sharing of his chemo journey and as an encouragement/info for other cancer patients or their family.

• Praise 11

It's tolerable. The picc helps a lot since I don't need to be poked each time I come.

Frankly, More worried about the immunocompromised state in the next two weeks which caused me to be hospitalised the last round.

I misread.... I thought I saw "The PCC helps a lot......"

I need new glasses...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3