Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

Sorry to hear that Bro!

Stay strong.

We will pray for your speedy recovery!!!

In Jesus name we pray, Amen

Hi bro,though I do not know you on a personal basis but through this MCF,I sincerely wish you a speedy and full recovery. Pretty sure u have a strong support both from your family and loved ones and of course MCF too. Take care!!

Nice one bro even I dunno u too. Look forward to more like-minded bro n sis to come support this thread

my highlight of the day. Lunch made by my mum.

Have to say savory and salty foods help å¼è (though my mums food is on less salty side)

My mum gave me fish porridge on monday last week, then I said buay sai.

Sweet things don't really taste the same though. Except for fruits.

The older nurses say that water etc may taste different, so advised barley or chrysanthemum. But it doesn't bother me that much. Water is still water but thirst mechanism seems bit altered.

Usually best appetite for lunch. Breakfast is just some simple carbs and milo. Tend to feel bit unwell during dinner time.

Not bad bro, u still able to take rice if I saw correctly :)
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

Hey Lala bro, I am sorry to hear that and appreciate you share your experiences here with us.

My 15 years old son is born with undescended testes, statistically his chances of getting a lampar cancer is higher than normal guys. I briefed him about that since young and ask him to do self check from time to time. I just sent the link of this topic to him, asking him to read. It will be helpful to him.

Stay strong, both physically and psychologically  [thumbsup]

• Praise 9

Twincharged

Doc you know doc generally makes the worst patients

that said be positive 

it is unfortunate episode in your life but you are blessed to have family members taking care of you including your parents

instead of asking why (if you do) but instead count the blessings, your parent's love, your family with two kids, friends

wishing you a speedy recovery

my highlight of the day. Lunch made by my mum.
Have to say savory and salty foods help 开胃 (though my mums food is on less salty side)
My mum gave me fish porridge on monday last week, then I said buay sai.

Sweet things don't really taste the same though. Except for fruits.

The older nurses say that water etc may taste different, so advised barley or chrysanthemum. But it doesn't bother me that much. Water is still water but thirst mechanism seems bit altered.

Usually best appetite for lunch. Breakfast is just some simple carbs and milo. Tend to feel bit unwell during dinner time.

• Praise 9

Hey Lala bro, I am sorry to hear that and appreciate you share your experiences here with us.

My 15 years old son is born with undescended testes, statistically his chances of getting a lampar cancer is higher than normal guys. I briefed him about that since young and ask him to do self check from time to time. I just sent the link of this topic to him, asking him to read. It will be helpful to him.

Stay strong, both physically and psychologically [thumbsup]

Yes.

Risk is higher by 2-4 times compared to normal population for undesdecended testis.

Think for my son, risk is around 4 times higher as well.

But ultimately its not a common type of cancer, so the absolute risk is not much higher.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wishing you a speedy recovery bro @Lala81. Stay strong n positive...你会好起来的![thumbsup]

• Praise 5

For those who have not read about this problem, the good thing is this is a very treatable problem, so our friend has a great great chance of recovery. 加油!

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Get well soon Doc ... good that you discovered it very early and with your young age , am sure that this will not bring you down .

• Praise 4

@Lala81 bro, I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Though you are in this profession, it is not an easy process for you and your family either. Stay strong and be positive. Will keep you in my prayer. Wishing you a speedy and a smooth recovery.

• Praise 4

I think the holy grail in health, besides diet and exercise, is to know and try to understand various illnesses in order to take preventive measures and to detect any abnormality early to get treatment soonest.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Thanks for sharing your experience with us despite the difficult period. 

May you get well soon.. Meanwhile, surf more MCF!

• Praise 5

(edited)

Doc you know doc generally makes the worst patients

that said be positive

it is unfortunate episode in your life but you are blessed to have family members taking care of you including your parents

instead of asking why (if you do) but instead count the blessings, your parent's love, your family with two kids, friends

wishing you a speedy recovery

Yes.

Positives are

- Early stage. Not the one with best prognosis but that's just luck of draw

- good prognosis (by cancer standards)

- family planning settled as mentioned

- good family support

- I'm physically the fittest I've been for years since my 20s

- no big things on my plate currently in terms of work, family stress etc

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4