Yes.

Positives are

- Early stage. Not the one with best prognosis but that's just luck of draw

- good prognosis (by cancer standards)

- family planning settled as mentioned

- good family support

- I'm physically the fittest I've been for years since my 20s

- no big things on my plate currently in terms of work, family stress etc

I believe having a good foundation of health and body fitness really important, and when your body is hit with major illness, at least your body can take it and recover rate is better. If health and fitness not very good, when got hit by major illness might suffer more and recover rate could be slower.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Thanks to all for the encouragement and kind remarks on pm, praise and the thread.

Really appreciate it.

• Praise 1

Think you need to change your diet. Cut off sugar and dairy products as a start to starve the cancer cells. Welcome to the kopi-o kosong club. 

• Praise 3

I believe having a good foundation of health and body fitness really important, and when your body is hit with major illness, at least your body can take it and recover rate is better. If health and fitness not very good, when got hit by major illness might suffer more and recover rate could be slower.

Since I've stopped work for about a month initially after operation, glad to see many people using the neighbourhood park etc to do walks, runs etc.

Since now I tend to go in the mornings to walk my dog, when the older folks or many housewives etc do their things.

Think you need to change your diet. Cut off sugar and dairy products as a start to starve the cancer cells. Welcome to the kopi-o kosong club.

Everything in moderation.

Granted we don't really need sugar in our diet.

I think everyone knows what is healthy, just whether you want to adopt.

Anyway it does reduce risk of certain types of cancer, but not as much as it does other illnesses.

My type of cancer not really related to diet anyway.

When u first start chemo, Ncc will get a pharmacist and nurse to sit down with you and give u general advice.

Yesterday, got this uncle beside me telling the pharmacist/nurse etc all about virtues of flaxseed oil and whether he should consume less/more etc etc.

This topic came up like multiple times over the 2 hours plus I'm beside him.

My own conversation with the nurse/pharmacist lasted about five mins lol. Let them go do their other work.

But it's important for the other pts as sounding out for their concerns.

Supersonic

I dont know if it is possible to cut off sugar in our daily food? Seems like very difficult le, cause many foods we eat confirmed have some sugar in them le?!

Hypersonic

Take care bro. 

We have never met before but it's always nice chatting with you here. We do have the same Hyundai SE though.  [laugh]

Anyway, there's Boston Strong and 12 Strong. Here we have

MCF STRONG!

:a-m1212:

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator

@lala81 you should try to subcribe to blinkist! is an audiobook app that house thousand of non-fiction audiobook! A good way for you to kill time when you are visiting the hospital. (:

• Praise 3

I dont know if it is possible to cut off sugar in our daily food? Seems like very difficult le, cause many foods we eat confirmed have some sugar in them le?!

Just reduce within reason lor. Its not really a toxin per say.

As per most things, its effect is over exaggerated by some.

Turbocharged

Since I've stopped work for about a month initially after operation, glad to see many people using the neighbourhood park etc to do walks, runs etc.

Since now I tend to go in the mornings to walk my dog, when the older folks or many housewives etc do their things.

I'm one who goes to the parks, gardens jog/walk often. Just some form of simple daily exercises, enjoying the nature and keeping my life simple and stress free. In fact I can see more and more elderly folks at such areas. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I don't think it's possible to cut off sugar totally. Simple things one can do; drink tea/kopi/milo Kosong, eat prata without sugar, Pepsi zero instead of those with sugar content (i find the taste still the same), wholemeal bread instead of white bread, look out for HPB healthier logo during grocery purchase etc. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I don't think it's possible to cut off sugar totally. Simple things one can do; drink tea/kopi/milo Kosong, eat prata without sugar, Pepsi zero instead of those with sugar content (i find the taste still the same), wholemeal bread instead of white bread, look out for HPB healthier logo during grocery purchase etc. 

Precisely, no way to cut off sugar totally. I just drank one bottle of chrysanthemum tea from herbal shop also have sugar in it.   

• Praise 1

I'm late to the thread, but I pray and wish you a smooth recovery, and that you are back to normal soon.

Things to do:

Take up a new hobby eg hifi?

Read everything NLIB digital can offer

Apple TV daily rentals?

Pray and meditate more?

Tai chi?

Happy to drop by and pass you a ton of magazines if you like bro and I have lots of Chinese tea... all good for drinking for fun and for health.

All the best sir

I trust you will win this month's thread and buy more good tonic for yourself :)

• Praise 4

Hi, Lala bro thank you for the sharing. I pray to Almighty God to help you in the trials that you are going through now. Stay strong and positive.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Ran out of power today. Thanks again to all those I didn't reply or posted.

Edited by Lala81

Everything in moderation.

Granted we don't really need sugar in our diet.

I think everyone knows what is healthy, just whether you want to adopt.

Anyway it does reduce risk of certain types of cancer, but not as much as it does other illnesses.

My type of cancer not really related to diet anyway.

When u first start chemo, Ncc will get a pharmacist and nurse to sit down with you and give u general advice.

Yesterday, got this uncle beside me telling the pharmacist/nurse etc all about virtues of flaxseed oil and whether he should consume less/more etc etc.

This topic came up like multiple times over the 2 hours plus I'm beside him.

My own conversation with the nurse/pharmacist lasted about five mins lol. Let them go do their other work.

But it's important for the other pts as sounding out for their concerns.

hi Lala81, just saw this thread. Hope everything goes well and you will be up and running very soon. plenty of water, plenty of sleep. take care.

↡ Advertisement