Kenny Rogers Roasters will serve its last meal on Apr 14

Ysc3

Twincharged

End of an era: Kenny Rogers Roasters at Great World City will serve its last meal on Apr 14

We, as a nation of foodies, have moved on to bigger trends and better chains. Which is probably why mediocre international brands like Chili’s, Pablo Cheese Tart, and Dazzling Cafe gave it their best shot but ultimately didn’t make the cut when it comes to longevity in Singapore.

On the heels of their exit from our shores, it looks like once-popular rotisserie Kenny Rogers Roasters may soon follow suit. The American restaurant chain, which opened here in 1994, used to see crowds of diners hungry for roasted chicken and corn muffins flock to its outlets. But it appears to have quietly closed down several spots in the last couple years. Apparently, at least according to the Singapore Atrium Sale Facebook page, the Great World City branch is its last, and it’s shuttering after one final day of operations on April 14.

In a notice at the outlet, the management Pacific Utama thanked customers for their “patronage all these years” and notified them of the impending closure. No confirmation yet if the brand is permanently leaving Singapore, but with the Suntec City and Novena ones already gone, it seems the future could be dire for country music star Kenny Roger’s restaurant.In the online sphere, netizens have been lamenting the exit of yet another nostalgic spot, so perhaps the venue could see a spike in customers just before it closes this Sunday.

post-2854-0-70826100-1554799646_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Used to be my favourite eatery, love eating the quarter chicken plus two side dish almost every weekend. But dont know since when i seldom patronise Kenny Rogers long ago liao.

• Praise 2

Used to be my favourite eatery, love eating the quarter chicken plus two side dish almost every weekend. But dont know since when i seldom patronise Kenny Rogers long ago liao.

Yup... same same. Over the years their standard dropped. The muffins feels like overnight bread and the chicken is something like current IKEA's chicken wing, salty outside tasteless inside. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Yup... same same. Over the years their standard dropped. The muffins feels like overnight bread and the chicken is something like current IKEA's chicken wing, salty outside tasteless inside. 

Agreed, almost forgotten why i stop patronise them, now then i remember their standard indeed dropped a lot. Their chicken no longer taste tender and chicken not much meat de, also their muffins taste hard. Lol.

• Praise 1

Yes. Standard dropped like a ton of stones.

Used to always order an extra plate of piping hot, moist corn muffins but over the years, they tasted dry and heated up from frozen dough.

Chix became just normal common fare, the seasoning changed.

Worse, prices went thru most roofs.

Won't miss it frankly.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 4

Twincharged

The last time I ate there was at the century square outlet before the renovations.

The ribs tasted as if it had been cooked a while already and then heated up and glazed when we ordered. That's why it was kind of dry.

Twincharged

ya the last time i ate it was close to 10years ago and it tasted like crap. a huge drop in quality vs the 1990s when it opened.

• Praise 1

I haven't had it in Singapore since the 2000s when it was still at suntec.

Ate at the Malaysia one at puteri Harbour beside the Thomas town last year.

It was pretty good in the 90s. Went with my parents several times when it first opened.

Only been to Kenny Rogers twice in my life. Once at Novena and the other at Parkway Parade. Wanna give them a last shot at making my money but i reckon it will be crowded.

Twincharged
(edited)

Judging from the comments here and Facebook comments.. Many said standard dropped a lot.

So I guess it is not by chance that one by one close down and now last one also going to exit on April 14.

I think this is an important lesson for those who is doing business that gather correct feedback is very important. Not only that, must also act on it and improve if feedback is of negative. If not slowly the business will slow down, not because of economy no good, not because of location and etc.. But because of like for Kenny Roger case is food standard had dropped a lot.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged

Sad to hear this, but it is true that the standard of the food has dropped quite a fair bit. I used to eat it a lot.....

kind of a pity because the food menu and choices are not bad.  The sides are quite good and use to be quite big portion in the past.

Anyway, I guess not many young millennias know  Kenny Rogers......

Not only Kenny standard dropped

Texas chicken also Bo Ho Jiak already

Used to eat every week...tasty juicy last time

Now saltish oily outside and inside tasteless

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

Not only Kenny standard dropped

Texas chicken also Bo Ho Jiak already

Used to eat every week...tasty juicy last time

Now saltish oily outside and inside tasteless

Go try Arnold’s or Chicaboo for fried chicken. I worked part-time at the latter.

The corn muffin are baked fresh every hour, I worked in the kitchen.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2