Jewel Changi Airport to open April 17

Stooky

Registration for changi jewel preview visit is now open.. first come first serve..

Weekend dates all full liao!  [:(]  Left only weekday dates. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Got A&W

I hope a&w don't get the wrong idea and start opening up more branches Aaron's the island...

I hope with one restaurant only they can tahan longer.

Supersonic

Got A&W

Yayyyy....long time no eat tasteless, lame burgers

Hope it's located next door to Shake Shack

Twincharged

Yayyyy....long time no eat tasteless, lame burgers

Hope it's located next door to Shake Shack

$25 milk shakes?

Supersonic

$25 milk shakes?

Hope the changi one will be good. Tried Shake Shack in NYC, Tokyo and Seoul. Naturally the NYC one was best. The Seoul one was crap
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Looking forward to going for Pow Sing when their branch there opens ... No need to go to serangoon gardens anymore...

[bounce2][bounce2][bounce2] ... my Root Beer Float ... [smash]

I remember them for the gigantic chicken drumsticks! Hopefully they still have it.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I do understand we need to keep the competition up. However,  i am not sure we need to spend that kind of money. Who did we engage to design and how much did we paid? If it is designed locally,  it will look so bad nobody would want to fly or land there ?

• Praise 1

(edited)

I do understand we need to keep the competition up. However,  i am not sure we need to spend that kind of money. Who did we engage to design and how much did we paid? If it is designed locally,  it will look so bad nobody would want to fly or land there ?

https://www.safdiearchitects.com/projects/jewel-changi-airport

I kinda think that for this project. Yea, local would not have done something so iconic. Unless you can think of a local firm that has done projects on such a scale. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

https://www.safdiearchitects.com/projects/jewel-changi-airport

I kinda think that for this project. Yea, local would not have done something so iconic. Unless you can think of a local firm that has done projects on such a scale. 

The mentality here is, if this is designed by local, he will be fired to consider such an extravagant design costing so much to build. By some renown fellow, wow fantastically.  If you check with the local submission architect about the design, detailing,  etc. and of course he can tell you the truth, it is @#%&€. 

I have asked a few local submission architect why didn't they tell these renown architects the design flaws. The answers i get is quite consistent and straightforward.  Why should they teach the expert whois paid much more and credited the honors? Developers spent millions to redo after completion because originals design dont work are common here. But how to tell people they so stupid when they want to sell using branded name leh?

Looking forward to going for Pow Sing when their branch there opens ... No need to go to serangoon gardens anymore...

I remember them for the gigantic chicken drumsticks! Hopefully they still have it.

Ehh, be careful hor.Pow Sing ever kenna food poisoning hor....
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Ehh, be careful hor.Pow Sing ever kenna food poisoning hor....ð

I remember....but that was in serangoon mah .... That's why I am going for jewel instead... Ever had $3 sunny side up eggs?

Was at T1 to fetch wife yesterday and can see the Jewel is almost completed liao. At the arrival hall, a few metres walk is Jewel liao Facing the arrival hall is Kate Spade and Coach shops. There is a temporary low barrier to prevent anyone from going in yet. It has seamlessly integrated into T1.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Was at T1 to fetch wife yesterday and can see the Jewel is almost completed liao. At the arrival hall, a few metres walk is Jewel liao Facing the arrival hall is Kate Spade and Coach shops. There is a temporary low barrier to prevent anyone from going in yet. It has seamlessly integrated into T1.

This Jewel should be very near to T1 since it is built on the former open carpark of T1. Anyway, Jewel will starts business on 17 Apr, very fast.

This Jewel should be very near to T1 since it is built on the former open carpark of T1. Anyway, Jewel will starts business on 17 Apr, very fast.

Extremely near and share the same aircon. From arrival glass door to Jewel, 2 to 3 normal sedan car length only. [laugh]

Only bad thing for arrival passengers, no taxi queue at that level. They have to take a lift or escalator down to B1 for taxi.

But those who likes shopping, when the arrival doors open, immediately can start shopping liao!!!

Supersonic

Extremely near and share the same aircon. From arrival glass door to Jewel, 2 to 3 normal sedan car length only. [laugh]

Only bad thing for arrival passengers, no taxi queue at that level. They have to take a lift or escalator down to B1 for taxi.

But those who likes shopping, when the arrival doors open, immediately can start shopping liao!!!

So they link up T1 to this Jewel directly ah, even no need to step out of T1?! Seems really good, no need scare rain and shine. Lol.

↡ Advertisement