Jewel Changi Airport to open April 17

Stooky

Hypersonic

Just tried shake shack with my family. Tried most of the burger there. Personally, I find it over hype. The burger is rather bland, The mushrooms patty at least has a unique taste. I enjoyed the Macdonald's signature beef and buttermilk chicken more.

The fries is like the crinkle cut fries you buy from NTUC or cold storage. Taste nothing special.

Both burger and fries are over priced for what they offered.

Pandan milk shake is nice. But overly sweet when about to finished it.

Not going back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

A 14-year-old girl sustained a deep cut on her face that required nine stitches while playing at an attraction at Jewel Changi Airport’s Canopy Park on Wednesday (19 June), the second known report of injury within 10 days of the park’s opening.

The incident at the mirror maze attraction in the park came to light when the teenager’s aunt, Susan Goh, 45, posted before and after photos of the wound on Facebook on the same evening.

In her post, the real estate consultant wrote that her niece was playing with five other children at the attraction when the incident occurred, but the teenager did not know how she sustained the injury.

Goh told Yahoo News Singapore that her niece, who turns 15 next month, was later brought to a clinic at Terminal 3 by the attraction’s staff ranger to seek medical attention.

As the cut required stitching, the girl was referred to Raffles Hospital, she said.

The doctor said that the wound would likely leave the teenager with a scar, added Goh.

When contacted, a Jewel spokesperson confirmed that the incident took place at about 5.15pm on Wednesday, with first aid immediately administered by its attraction staff upon discovery of the injury.

“Initial investigations showed that the incident took place when the female guest was playing in the maze,” the spokesperson said.

“We regret the guest's unfortunate experience and wish her a smooth recovery. We urge all guests to exercise personal safety and adhere to safety instructions while having fun at the attractions.”

Goh said that her main reason for sharing her niece’s experience on social media is to ensure that strict and proper safety procedures are in place to prevent others from getting hurt.

“The cut on the face is not life and death - we can live with a superficial scar. I'm only worried if (her) eyes got injured and pray hard that such an incident will never occur,” she said, adding that her niece and family will likely not visit the park again.

Last Friday, a woman suffered a deep cut on her hand after falling at the 250-metre long Sky Nets attraction, which is suspended 25 metres above the ground at Canopy Park.

Other attractions located within the 14,000sqm park, located on the topmost level of Jewel Changi Airport, include the 50-metre long Canopy Bridge, Discovery Slides, Petal Garden and Hedge Maze.

Currently, there are safety advisories and on-ground reminders by the park’s rangers, who are stationed at all the attractions, regarding proper footwear, appropriate behaviour, minimum height requirement and adult supervision for young children.

Supersonic

Just tried shake shack with my family. Tried most of the burger there. Personally, I find it over hype. The burger is rather bland, The mushrooms patty at least has a unique taste. I enjoyed the Macdonald's signature beef and buttermilk chicken more.

The fries is like the crinkle cut fries you buy from NTUC or cold storage. Taste nothing special.

Both burger and fries are over priced for what they offered.

Pandan milk shake is nice. But overly sweet when about to finished it.

Not going back.

Queue 1 hr ah?

actually within 10 days cos the park was open on 10 June.

wow that even worse..super high probably of 20%.

Can go but must wear PPE. :grin:

what is ppe?

Supersonic

wow that even worse..super high probably of 20%.

what is ppe?

PPE is personal protective equipment.  ^_^

• Praise 3

Tsk tsk somemore not cheap.

Hope they resolve this soon. Think they use wire ropes which may be cos very new and weight thrown against them heavy enuff, will machiam edges of knife, can cut.

Think another few thick layers of non-wire ropes needs to buffer against direct contact.

Otherwise need to put on safety gear from head to toe

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Wire rope meh? look normals to me. Ppl fall down all the time.

the girl also dunno how she got cut … but best bet is to blame the landlord for everything first then see got freebies or not.

Edited by Ysc3

Supersonic

Tsk tsk somemore not cheap.

Hope they resolve this soon. Think they use wire ropes which may be cos very new and weight thrown against them heavy enuff, will machiam edges of knife, can cut.

Think another few thick layers of non-wire ropes needs to buffer against direct contact.

Otherwise need to put on safety gear from head to toeððð

Just my tots. Luckily i too well wrapped to try. Sure kena cut and roll all over. Oops

Safe ride

Cheers

Like i said, wear PPE.

Wire rope meh? look normals to me. Ppl fall down all the time.

Normal? Can tahan 100 pax at any one time?

The suspended walking net i saw at City Square like wire ropes, though its at the main anchorage points which i saw.

Cut needing 9 stitches not small.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Normal? Can tahan 100 pax at any one time?

The suspended walking net i saw at City Square like wire ropes, though its at the main anchorage points which i saw.

Cut needing 9 stitches not small.

Safe ride

Cheers

this wire ropes? Not likely Bros.

post-62064-0-63636100-1561092808_thumb.jpg

this wire ropes? Not likely Bros.

Nope. If i go there again, will take a picture just for sharing. Thanks for picture shared.

Hope its not the type of materials fault at Changi Jewel.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1