Maintenance Tips For Beginners/First Time Car Owners

WillemVS

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Rear struts DIY also can lah. Simple job. I did before. Just go outside workshop. The ADs all chop carrots. 

The money saved can use to buy kopi for MCF members who give you great advise. 

Yup. Tailgate struts are a 5min job. Maybe 10-15min for a newbie. And stabilius brand is the oem for almost all conti. So identical to original part. Sorry to rub it in for @TPHANG

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi there! Recently bought a pre-owned volvo xc40 and intend to go to outside workshop for servicing and maintenance. Anybody knows if these outside workshop can also do software updates for my infotainment system? my car comes with navigation installed so just thinking if they can help me update the maps/system or i have to go back to wearnes? hopefully i'm posting in the correct forum and your advice/ suggestions will be very much appreciated 🙂

Okay Now you have purchased your first car - the very first thing is you must have a skilled driver so that you can easily drive your car without hitting anyone. Next thing make your car clean in 2 to 3 days from the interior as well as the exterior. Drive safely so that you can avoid any dent, scratches on your car as it doesn't look good, especially on a new Car.

If you drive your car for 3 to 4 months then don't forget to go service station, Make sure you use good quality engine oil this will increase your engine life as well as other parts of the engine, make sure each tyre has a good amount of air,  focus on your braking system so that it is in good conditions.

While driving if you find some part not working properly don't take it lightly try to fix it as soon as possible, if you avoid then its huge cost to you, If you fill up your fuel tank don't fill it full try to fill it only 85 to 90 percent it will increase vehicle efficiency and also don't forget to measure how much average your car giving after servicing and before servicing.

↡ Advertisement