Mahathir vs crown prince

Discoburg

Supersonic

hahaha........people think i am an evil guy.......ððð.

My friend told me Johore was where the Federation started, i wasnt sure until many pointed out that Johorean IC starts with the numeric 01 and has a special clause about secession rights if they king deemed fit. From my view, TMJ is just a mouthpiece for the Sultan.......as a ruler he has to mind what he says and pro-claim as the rakyat would most probably see it as a 'titah raja/sultan) which they are bound to follow. Last week, TMJ received a golden Kris from his distant cousin who is the Regent of Pahang....the Agong. Can be a significant gift with many hidden meaning in Malay/nusantara culture especially in times of turmoil.

Thanks, no-evil one. As usual, very informative insights shared including golden kris given as gift. Yes, meaning not simple, rippling disturb still water liao.

The Crown Prince must have very strong backbone, at least two, to be so vocal. Cos he would have appeared rude or disrespectful if no have father's blessings.

I confess the situation where certain states breaking away to be ruled under different Sultans seemed quite possible, if the people are really fed up with the current govt. Cos the feeling is very much like tradition is in their blood and over the years, some Sultans took the effort and time to really know their ppl and perhaps went out of their way to help them as well.

Its like democracy failed them because of widespread corruption.

Just my tots. Thanks v much for sharing. Its an interesting topic and i do hope the common ppl will have a chance at a better life. Their country is blessed with so much natural resources.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Mad hater will not invade Singapore but SJ absolutely wants back Temasek.. becareful wat we wish for..

Thanks, no-evil one. As usual, very informative insights shared including golden kris given as gift. Yes, meaning not simple, rippling disturb still water liao.

The Crown Prince must have very strong backbone, at least two, to be so vocal. Cos he would have appeared rude or disrespectful if no have father's blessings.

I confess the situation where certain states breaking away to be ruled under different Sultans seemed quite possible, if the people are really fed up with the current govt. Cos the feeling is very much like tradition is in their blood and over the years, some Sultans took the effort and time to really know their ppl and perhaps went out of their way to help them as well.

Its like democracy failed them because of widespread corruption.

Just my tots. Thanks v much for sharing. Its an interesting topic and i do hope the common ppl will have a chance at a better life. Their country is blessed with so much natural resources.

Safe ride

Cheers

most prob he doesnt have only a single backing......this is like a wayang kulit.....the puppet master doesnt do the narration and is actually an ensemble that works together behind the scene. Its an old Javanese/Indonesian tradition as a Sultan or Kings' words are actually his commandment which the rakyats are bounded to. Johore has a lot of rakyats of Javanese, Bugis or Indonesian ancestry most probably due to the fact that the Melaka Sultan had retreated to Johore after escaping from the Portuguese and most of them was serving under him as troops and bodyguards during the escape. Indonesia still sees Malaysia as a renegade province but divided by the colonialist power and most Indonesian sees Malaysia as a British lapdog. Brothers by blood but always quarrelling over petty stuff.....

Hypersonic

If stories are true ....

prince and sultan act like they are above the law including harassing and beating common citizens - especially in the not so distant past

the sultan of the day is suppose to be the head of Islam in Malaysia (please correct me if I am wrong)

the Brunei sultan has vast riches and his family members (some) do not follow the teaching of the Islam, yet the sultan enact laws with severe punishments on the common people who expected to follow the teaching to the latter

I can understand why many misunderstand Malaysia and Brunei where religion is concern.

Furthermore, Dr M mentioned civil servants got problem thinking that drinking alcohol is a worse sin than bribery. In Malaysia if that is what is true, then what are they teaching in their Madras. Because that is what Dr M is implying.

Truthfully, I am not a Islamic scholar, but somehow I like the "brand" of Islam found in Singapore better but may be I am just bias.

Bribery or tribute is an ancient concept which is so pervasive especially in feudal or monarchies.

Similarly, the monoathestic religions and cultures cannot similarly ignore it as being pious and devout to your religion is also in a sense linked to virtue and tribute.

Hence whether u want to pay off the kopi money stops in Malaysia is something the arguments here were endless for years.

Similarly, almost everyone acknowledge the fact of minimally 关系 or favours to get ahead in the world.

We in singapore, and to some extent the rest of the commonwealth, were fortunate enough to see the British institutions of law/Court and the concept of Western libertarianism seep into us sufficiently that we are less affected by obvious day to day corruption.

In virtually most countries, minor day to day corruption is just life. Its reality to them. Its like asking if the sky is blue or grey today.

• Praise 3

Bribery or tribute is an ancient concept which is so pervasive especially in feudal or monarchies.

Similarly, the monoathestic religions and cultures cannot similarly ignore it as being pious and devout to your religion is also in a sense linked to virtue and tribute.

Hence whether u want to pay off the kopi money stops in Malaysia is something the arguments here were endless for years.

Similarly, almost everyone acknowledge the fact of minimally 关系 or favours to get ahead in the world.

We in singapore, and to some extent the rest of the commonwealth, were fortunate enough to see the British institutions of law/Court and the concept of Western libertarianism seep into us sufficiently that we are less affected by obvious day to day corruption.

In virtually most countries, minor day to day corruption is just life. Its reality to them. Its like asking if the sky is blue or grey today.

i wont pay any bribes....never did and never will! The brits institution introduced legalised bribery.....

I think a lot of Malaysians outside of Kelantan has this misconception that it is a very backward and "radicalized" place. The truth is the opposite. A Malaysian friend of mine who stays in Kelantan for almost 10 years said the Chinese there are very well protected. In fact the Malays there treat them very well. The PAS is very worried if should the Chinese is being suppressed, they will be very Malu. Weird but true. 

Not about TMJ but about Kelantan......article was by a non-kelantanese Chinese. It is opposite of what had been written and spewed by the current government.
https://www.therocket.com.my/en/kelantan-not-what-it-seems/?fbclid=IwAR0YnsK2OxVRVjJRvP-UYmIiOR50UMDwJdUR51fJcDf1

(edited)

I think a lot of Malaysians outside of Kelantan has this misconception that it is a very backward and "radicalized" place. The truth is the opposite. A Malaysian friend of mine who stays in Kelantan for almost 10 years said the Chinese there are very well protected. In fact the Malays there treat them very well. The PAS is very worried if should the Chinese is being suppressed, they will be very Malu. Weird but true.

thats how an islamic nation should be runned! Even the middle east non-muslim were protected for centuries.....not until the current situation. Even the Buddhist statues in Afgganistan had stood there unmolested for centuries...........not until the west came under the guise of freedom. Kelantan has the biggest Buddhist statue in SEA........the propaganda from ph is rather contradictory. Edited by Evillusion

no worries...my evil is just an illusion...hahaha!

Think Brunei will never accept a non-malay as its citizen. They have learnt from past evens that made it what it is now. They were once huge and extends to the southern phillipines but because of foreigners intervention their lands and rights were forfeited once upon a time.

Johore wont suffer much if they become independent....they oredy have a operating industry serving Singapore and has a huge agriculture and marine industry. Actually i read what was given by the central government is peanuts to what Johore had contributed.......same like Sabah, Sarawak, Kelantan and Trengganu with their oil revenue. These are the states that have contributed much to the state coffers but gets so much less in return. Johore's waters are bereft of scientific ventures but i read it holds a significant amount of natural gas and oil......if true atok will never want Johore to be independent not until his sons gets the right to them.

Saddeq just fired a salvo at TMJ and the rakyat will be holding a rally against Saddiq at a Royal mosque in Muar.......its getting ugly and many wants Saddeq to be stripped of his Johorean status.

Oil and gas in Johor? I hope it is true.
  • Praise 1

not sure bro.......the area has not been explored yet. But with Natuna just off the boundary i wont be surprised if its true!
  • Praise 1

Politicians always seek to divide... if there is an advantage in it for them.

i had been to kelantan once........kB has a number of Chinese businesses......even the famous chinese kopi shop near the bus terminal and they speak kelantanese malay.......i dont really understand....hahaha.....nd they think i am chinese.......

Hypersonic

Good to see such articles showing how we all have more in common and tolerance than widely reported.

However, there's Less than 5% Chinese in kelatan though. Thats really a very small minority compared to the much higher density around rest of peninsula Malaysia.

It's easy to say there's not much friction tolerating such a small minority. But when your "minority" is like 30-40% of the population, u may have to be more sensitive regarding their demands and needs.

The most stable societies have always been one with overwhelming homogenous racial or cultural majorities with sub ten percent minorities.

Supersonic
(edited)

Good to see such articles showing how we all have more in common and tolerance than widely reported.

However, there's Less than 5% Chinese in kelatan though. Thats really a very small minority compared to the much higher density around rest of peninsula Malaysia.

It's easy to say there's not much friction tolerating such a small minority. But when your "minority" is like 30-40% of the population, u may have to be more sensitive regarding their demands and needs.

The most stable societies have always been one with overwhelming homogenous racial or cultural majorities with sub ten percent minorities.

I don't want to derail this but many of those societies are "stable" primarily because the minority numbers are too low for them to confidently assert their rights. So if the majority run roughshod over them, they have to take it...or leave.

Tyrannies of the majority are never a good idea. But I've largely come to the same conclusion as you have. And it's a bit sad realising that (as a species) maybe we can never get along meaningfully if there is the slightest measure of heterogeneity.

True diversity is a pipe dream.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Much agree with your point. When the minority is small, it will be well accepted, as they hardly make waves. Furthermore no one pointed out that the kelantan chinese also had to accommodate by being more assimilated to the extent of even speaking the local malay dialect and who knows what else they gave up.

Not all minorities wish to follow this model.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Much agree with your point. When the minority is small, it will be well accepted, as they hardly make waves. Furthermore no one pointed out that the kelantan chinese also had to accommodate by being more assimilated to the extent of even speaking the local malay dialect and who knows what else they gave up.

Not all minorities wish to follow this model.

Yes. Especially if these are immigrants from a foreign diaspora in a connected world.

Hence our own unhappiness with prc, Indian nationals, Filipinos who enjoy their own cultural quirks and bring their lifestyle along with them.

Kelantan is not an economic or export driven state so its isolated from this global phenomenon.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I don't want to derail this but many of those societies are "stable" primarily because the minority numbers are too low for them to confidently assert their rights. So if the majority run roughshod over them, they have to take it...or leave.

Tyrannies of the majority are never a good idea. But I've largely come to the same conclusion as you have. And it's a bit sad realising that (as a species) maybe we can never get along meaningfully if there is the slightest measure of heterogeneity.

True diversity is a pipe dream.

Yeah... While I like the concepts of western libertarianism.

The human population is so large and diverse we inevitably fracture into tribes, whether ethnically, culturally or along political lines.

Ha. In the end, we are just animals.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Knn... wait find out it's at the light house there sure die... go court again
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1