Mahathir vs crown prince

Discoburg

A good article and analysis. Malaysia went off course since the 70s when Needs-based aid schemes became Race-based aid schemes, no thanks to chauvinists - on all sides too. Every politician championed their own community as a priority because given the simple minded electorate, it was the only way to ensure their political survival. They are still trapped in this mode of operation until today.

It all started from 2nd PM who happens to be the father of 6th PM

↡ Advertisement

From what i remembered the original OBOR had us included in the road map but that idea was scrapped and Malaysia given the ECRL and port upgrade. If you read properly the current ECRL agreement is a downgrade to what was initially agreed with less stop and minus an underground section that would have been an important stage that linked certain cities which will be beneficial in the future.

If go through Gombak, it means boring tunnel through Granite mountain.  This will cost a lot of $$$ and time.

The most important stretch of ECRL is Kuantan to Port Klang.

Forget about Passenger volume.

• Praise 1

This old man renegotiate the OBOR projects with China for his kakis and family lei .Everything is the same , price wise for sure but contractors and whatever that is allowed to be done by Malaysia , his kakis and family members all involved liao . Simi lower prices or whatever .... 

these Malaysian ministers , got one good trick in their bags . Project budget overrun . No need any other approvals one lei . 

Seen so many cases in Malaysia liao , tender price cheap cheap to show everyone , get the tender then ho say liao , can anyhow just bill for other services provided which is not in the tender .  

Under previous contract, payment to main con is based on timeline rather than project progress.

In addition, there is no provision for % of work to be done locally. 

It means that loan from China Bank is paid to China contractor without inflow into Malaysia.  The only inflow is "commission" to you know who.

Under renegotiate contract, there is provision for local work done.  Even though it might benefit some ppl, at least the $$ flows into Malaysia.

• Praise 1

(edited)

If go through Gombak, it means boring tunnel through Granite mountain. This will cost a lot of $$$ and time.

The most important stretch of ECRL is Kuantan to Port Klang.

Forget about Passenger volume.

the target for that pass was probably human traffic.....that will help the commutes of thousands from Kelantan and Trengganu to and from KL. If talking about money the current contract gives a portion of future earnings to China who will have a say in fare structure just like Mahathir's agreement with toll operators which now they find it too expensive to cancel. 20 billion difference for future earning.......thats cheap if you take into account the 80 billion ph has taken from petronas this yr.

For the tmj-mahathir tussle......mukhriz had to announce a public apology after he was videoed as having snubbed the Johore royalties during the recent Pahang former Sultan's funeral ceremony, fella had by-passed without shaking their hand in front of all those who were present including all the malaysian royalties. He kana left and centre for his actions in the msm and socmed......shows how a multi-billionaire can be a complete idiot when it comes to social respect, and his father is blamed for such a distasteful... upbringing...

Edited by Evillusion
  • Praise 6

the target for that pass was probably human traffic.....that will help the commutes of thousands from Kelantan and Trengganu to and from KL. If talking about money the current contract gives a portion of future earnings to China who will have a say in fare structure just like Mahathir's agreement with toll operators which now they find it too expensive to cancel. 20 billion difference for future earning.......thats cheap if you take into account the 80 billion ph has taken from petronas this yr.

For the tmj-mahathir tussle......mukhriz had to announce a public apology after he was videoed as having snubbed the Johore royalties during the recent Pahang former Sultan's funeral ceremony, fella had by-passed without shaking their hand in front of all those who were present including all the malaysian royalties. He kana left and centre for his actions in the msm and socmed......shows how a multi-billionaire can be a complete idiot when it comes to social respect, and his father is blamed for such a distasteful... upbringing...

• Praise 1

(edited)

Without giving up future income, how to negotiate down contract cost?

The most important customer for ECRL is China anyway.

On Mukriz stupid move, it is just stupid lo.

Anyway, only Dr M has the ball to go against Johor Sultan.

If not for Dr M, how would Johor Sultan knows that he sits on 2 parcel land dedicated to RTS?

Lastly, i have no respect for these royalties (except Perak Sultan) since they never learn that Respect is earned and not to be expected.

Means the allegation that the original contract's worth was ballooned to cover Najib's 'hole' was false? There were figures plucked from the air on the 'actual' cost of the ecrl but now the line has to be downgraded from dual to single carriage, from going under the mountain to skirting kl and letting a foreign country holding a right to tickets pricing......all that for rm20 billion difference? Thats only a portion of what had been taken from Petronas.....only 1/4!

The respect of the kings and Sultan were earned long ago by their ancestors lor.......thats why they still hold the title and honour. If these guys arent there i am very sure someone else will step up to take that post and will want his future family to continue.......its proven time and time again especially with asian community.

For the RTS land, it was said to be part of a 5 replacement plot when the gov took land from the Sultan to built housing for those affected during the relocation while building the current ciq and custom building.

Edited by Evillusion

(edited)

Means the allegation that the original contract's worth was ballooned to cover Najib's 'hole' was false? There were figures plucked from the air on the 'actual' cost of the ecrl but now the line has to be downgraded from dual to single carriage, from going under the mountain to skirting kl and letting a foreign country holding a right to tickets pricing......all that for rm20 billion difference? Thats only a portion of what had been taken from Petronas.....only 1/4!

The respect of the kings and Sultan were earned long ago by their ancestors lor.......thats why they still hold the title and honour. If these guys arent there i am very sure someone else will step up to take that post and will want his future family to continue.......its proven time and time again especially with asian community.

Plucked from the air? I thought there is a "commission" to be paid to certain party which is the only inflow into Malaysia.

Don't know whether can recall back that commission or not under current contract.

I don't know which is worse, pay more now or losing right to tickets pricing?  Especially passenger volume is not important.

If don't take $$$ from Petronas, how to pay GST & income tax refund?  Both of these refund macan already.  I know you will say to continue with GST.  Check with Malay community in Malaysia whether they can tahan GST or not lo.

Japanese Imperial continues to earn respect of the people.

Edited by Davidtch

Plucked from the air? I thought there is a "commission" to be paid to certain party which is the only inflow into Malaysia.

Don't know whether can recall back that commission or not under current contract.

I don't know which is worse, pay more now or losing right to tickets pricing? Especially passenger volume is not important.

If don't take $$$ from Petronas, how to pay GST & income tax refund? Both of these refund macan already. I know you will say to continue with GST. Check with Malay community in Malaysia whether they can tahan GST or not lo.

Japanese Imperial continues to earn respect of the people.

The figure of 29 billion was plucked by tony puah lei.......he said the balance was to cover Najib's shite! But now the current gov has to downgrade the system to prove themselves right.....but at a cost of future profits and sharing with a foreign entity.

I dont think Malaysian is still in love with the SST.....now they are bring taxed way more than before!

Because Japan doesnt have a sizable foreign presence as its citizens......heck....why should I even respect the Japanese monarch....they had invaded our land yrs ago! But of course i dont criticise or disrespect their king in public especially infront of their own.......same goes for any monarchs!

The figure of 29 billion was plucked by tony puah lei.......he said the balance was to cover Najib's shite! But now the current gov has to downgrade the system to prove themselves right.....but at a cost of future profits and sharing with a foreign entity.

I dont think Malaysian is still in love with the SST.....now they are bring taxed way more than before!

Because Japan doesnt have a sizable foreign presence as its citizens......heck....why should I even respect the Japanese monarch....they had invaded our land yrs ago! But of course i dont criticise or disrespect their king in public especially infront of their own.......same goes for any monarchs!

Not going through Granite mountain, a downgrade meh?

Under previous contract, phase 1 up to Gombak.  Phase 2 then Port Klang.

Revised contract all the way.  No good meh?

I pray very hard that Heng Swee Keat will u-turn on our GST rate.

To end user, there is no diff btw SST and GST.

At least Japanese Monarch don't act like spoit brat.

At least Japanese Monarch don't sit on land that is supposed to be used for public project but don't know about it.

Not going through Granite mountain, a downgrade meh?

Under previous contract, phase 1 up to Gombak. Phase 2 then Port Klang.

Revised contract all the way. No good meh?

I pray very hard that Heng Swee Keat will u-turn on our GST rate.

To end user, there is no diff btw SST and GST.

At least Japanese Monarch don't act like spoit brat.

At least Japanese Monarch don't sit on land that is supposed to be used for public project but don't know about it.

the original contract was rm 55 billion, 2 carriageway, goes through the titiwangsa mountain ranges to link major cities and towns while making its way to the port.

The current once 44 billion, single carriageway, skirts the titiwangsa and doesnt connect the major towns.

11 billion difference with a downgrade.....havent even count the cost of future earning to be shared with China!

So can safely say Najib was a better deal broker....

That spoilt brat had even won over the hearts of those malays who were once against him......good job hor! When he lambasted Najib....Atok said it was his right and labelled a hero by atok supporters....but now when he returned the favour he is called spoilt.......cannot win lar!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

They on off keep mentioning jho low.

Jho low is rumoured to be in China. PRCs scared that let him go back Malaysia make them look bad in terms of bribery?

Or maybe they think umno may come back to power, then using jho low can blackmail them lol...

totally childish and unprofessional, he actually jump queue all 3 in the row.... <_<[laugh][laugh]

He's been around for a while lah. So long already but never moved upwards. Lao peh want to make him king but looks like buay gan leh lol...

They on off keep mentioning jho low.

Jho low is rumoured to be in China. PRCs scared that let him go back Malaysia make them look bad in terms of bribery?

Or maybe they think umno may come back to power, then using jho low can blackmail them lol...

He's been around for a while lah. So long already but never moved upwards. Lao peh want to make him king but looks like buay gan leh lol...

From what i read.....it wasnt Najib who was the stumbling block for mukhriz......it was UMNO itself! He lost many party election prior to his moved for the UMNO highest seat which he lost badly.....and Najib gets the blame....

the original contract was rm 55 billion, 2 carriageway, goes through the titiwangsa mountain ranges to link major cities and towns while making its way to the port.

The current once 44 billion, single carriageway, skirts the titiwangsa and doesnt connect the major towns.

11 billion difference with a downgrade.....havent even count the cost of future earning to be shared with China!

So can safely say Najib was a better deal broker....

That spoilt brat had even won over the hearts of those malays who were once against him......good job hor! When he lambasted Najib....Atok said it was his right and labelled a hero by atok supporters....but now when he returned the favour he is called spoilt.......cannot win lar!

The only major town that’s missing is Bentong and maybe Gombak.

As I said before, passenger load is not important for ECRL. Rather it’s the port to port that’s important especially for China.

I believe that it’s a Malay thing when a former leader got trampled, they should support him/her.

Unlike Atok, Najib was labeled as Kleptocrat le.

kleptocrate....a title given by the US gov and tbeir media and we all swallowed whole but when it comes to US-China impasse we all say we cant believe US and its media.....
  • Praise 1