Dannnn

I'm considering these 17" rims.

1) OZ Leggera HLT grey (8kg)

2) OZ Formula HLT 5H grey (weight?)
3) TSW bathurst (7.7kg)
4) TSW Chicane (9kg)
5) TSW Mallory 5 (9.5kg)
6) TSW Turbina (9.5kg)

TSW wheels are heavier except for one and they seem more expensive than OZ. But I prefer TSW designs. Is pitstop tyre the only supplier for TSW? Any idea roughly how much are those wheels?
↡ Advertisement

3) TSW bathurst (7.7kg)
4) TSW Chicane (9kg)
5) TSW Mallory 5 (9.5kg)
6) TSW Turbina (9.5kg)

TSW wheels are heavier except for one and they seem more expensive than OZ. But I prefer TSW designs. Is pitstop tyre the only supplier for TSW? Any idea roughly how much are those wheels?

https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=95559

maybe u can use the link above as a gauge.

I was quoted 3999 for 19'' nurburgring + tyre + trade in.

I think they are the only one that brings in TSW. In fact there are several brands under TSW. I spoke with Edmund. He showed a catalog online

3) TSW bathurst (7.7kg)

4) TSW Chicane (9kg)

5) TSW Mallory 5 (9.5kg)

6) TSW Turbina (9.5kg)

If you really like the design, dont care so much about the weight (its only 1-2kg diff) since u r not gonna track.

For me i went with TSW bcos i prefer the design, and not so common on the roAd.

On 17" with wheels maybe 2k plus a little with good tyres?

If u really interested i can help u ask

https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=95559

maybe u can use the link above as a gauge.

I was quoted 3999 for 19'' nurburgring + tyre + trade in.

I think they are the only one that brings in TSW. In fact there are several brands under TSW. I spoke with Edmund. He showed a catalog online

Was it this catalogue? https://www.tsw.com/17-inch-wheels-rims.php

If you really like the design, dont care so much about the weight (its only 1-2kg diff) since u r not gonna track.

For me i went with TSW bcos i prefer the design, and not so common on the roAd.

On 17" with wheels maybe 2k plus a little with good tyres?

If u really interested i can help u ask

It's ok thank u. I will probably call pitstop tyres or drop by someday. If 2kg difference for each side that will be 8kg total. Can just assume I'm carrying an extra small luggage in my car lol.

Was it this catalogue? https://www.tsw.com/17-inch-wheels-rims.php

It's ok thank u. I will probably call pitstop tyres or drop by someday. If 2kg difference for each side that will be 8kg total. Can just assume I'm carrying an extra small luggage in my car lol.

Rotational weight is different from static weight.

But if you are just going for looks then it doesn't really matter.

Any saving in weight from stock wheels, is a real saving and I'm quite convinced that most reputable aftermarket wheels are lighter than stock wheels.

• Praise 2

Was it this catalogue? https://www.tsw.com/17-inch-wheels-rims.php

ya on the same website, u go the right and click 'BRAND'.

There are a lot more brands under TSW. the boss was kind enough to go thru with me

• Praise 1

ya on the same website, u go the right and click 'BRAND'.

There are a lot more brands under TSW. the boss was kind enough to go thru with me

I looked through other brands and so far only fancy the Petrol P3A. The other brands either I dont like their designs or their PCD is not suitable for mine.

I wonder if there are other brands besides TSW with similar designs to Mallory 5, Bathurst or Petrol P3A lol.

I looked through other brands and so far only fancy the Petrol P3A. The other brands either I dont like their designs or their PCD is not suitable for mine.

I wonder if there are other brands besides TSW with similar designs to Mallory 5, Bathurst or Petrol P3A lol.

Haha. Go visit pitstop. The boss edmund is friendly and chatty.

I was seriously considering getting from him. But chose bbs in the end

I wonder if there are other brands besides TSW with similar designs to Mallory 5, Bathurst or Petrol P3A lol.

Bathurst is a v pop design overseas. Go instagram type u will find alot of diff ppl posting their car in those wheels.

Old thread but wanted to raise one point after a boss of a rim shop pointed out something to me.

It is a common thing on the internet and reviews to say the OZ HLT process is 'flow forming'.

However, if you look at the unmounted rim. e.g. Take a flow formed rim like a BBS CH-R and any OZ HLT rim and compare the barrel (i.e. the region between the 2 safety bead seats). You will notice that the flow formed CH-R has a more uneven fine grained and less sharply curved surface (basically look like it was grinded). The HLT in contrast, is much smoother and with more defined edges, which all the common cast wheels look like (basically look like cast in mold with sharper features).

I kinda suspect HLT is just some form of heat treatment rather than actual flow forming.

• Praise 1

On 5/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, Ake109 said:

Old thread but wanted to raise one point after a boss of a rim shop pointed out something to me.

It is a common thing on the internet and reviews to say the OZ HLT process is 'flow forming'.

However, if you look at the unmounted rim. e.g. Take a flow formed rim like a BBS CH-R and any OZ HLT rim and compare the barrel (i.e. the region between the 2 safety bead seats). You will notice that the flow formed CH-R has a more uneven fine grained and less sharply curved surface (basically look like it was grinded). The HLT in contrast, is much smoother and with more defined edges, which all the common cast wheels look like (basically look like cast in mold with sharper features).

I kinda suspect HLT is just some form of heat treatment rather than actual flow forming.

I think OZ is the same Flow Forming process. If the Taiwanese can do it, don't see how a big brand like OZ will save a couple of dollars to skimp this process. Plus OZ is generally lighter than BBS, I don't think they will be able to save the weight with a pure cast wheel. 

On 5/31/2020 at 12:48 PM, Slowandunsteady said:

I think OZ is the same Flow Forming process. If the Taiwanese can do it, don't see how a big brand like OZ will save a couple of dollars to skimp this process. Plus OZ is generally lighter than BBS, I don't think they will be able to save the weight with a pure cast wheel. 

2 things:

1: Seems like all other Co. which flow forms will say flow formed. OZ never claims it. Just say 'HLT'

2: You take a look at all the other flow formed rims from Advan to BBS, the barrel for OZ HLT looks markedly different (like all the other cast rims basically) compared to other flow formed rims.

Not insisting that HLT isn't flow formed but the above 2 pts are perculiar.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1