2020 subaru outback

Stratovarius

Turbocharged

The Outback is a well appointed value for money family car which commands a niche market in the US because of its proven reliabilty and the standard AWD feature which is suitable for all-terrian use.

With the new turbo option, It is going to see a greater buying audience for sure.

[i also want to have one ......  but bo lu leh]

[drivingcar]

The Outback is a well appointed value for money family car which commands a niche market in the US because of its proven reliabilty and the standard AWD feature which is suitable for all-terrian use.

With the new turbo option, It is going to see a greater buying audience for sure.

[i also want to have one ...... but bo lu leh]

[drivingcar]

Value for money is a very relative term in SG with our high taxes and AD markups.

Plus when the Outback actually eventually arrives, CoE probably in the 60k to 80k range with the current trend.

So not "value for money". Just "for money" and lots of it.

The interior has a lot of design ques from RAV4. It has the same door open warning display. Even the door speakers look alike. LoL... Anyway not surprised since Toyota has stakes in fuji heavy industries. This outback looks very Toyota-ish. [thumbsup]

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Value for money is a very relative term in SG with our high taxes and AD markups.

Plus when the Outback actually eventually arrives, CoE probably in the 60k to 80k range with the current trend.

My vfm comment is meant for the US market where there are lots of choices within each vehicle market segment.

A relative (who is based in the US) driving a Subaru Outback 2.5 NA engine with Eyesight told me recently this SUV is really "C&G". Well in the US there is no such thing as coe and gasoline is "cheap" in relative terms.

For sg, of course vfm is subjective and may not apply this particular SUV based on the points you have mentioned ie high coe and petrol costs. Aside AWD vehicles are less fuel efficient as compared with FWD vehicles.

Motor image usually will bring in their cars at lower omv. Also, their premium is not as high as the others. You have to remember subie are all awd, their price are similar to other marques offering 2 wheel drive.

But outback in sg is not as popular as the Forester. The 2.4xt will be even harder to sell based on our tax system. Still puzzled they put the xt on the outback but not on the Forester.

8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

The latest one will be launching here soon, next month i heard, 2.5 NA and highest trim

No XT no talk.

9 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

The latest one will be launching here soon, next month i heard, 2.5 NA and highest trim

Wonder what is the price point, $140K?

I find the newer outbacks quite ugly. Huge front and rear overhangs and the beard like plastic trims on the bottom makes the overall look very messy. Paired with the 2.5na engine, it will not be popular here.

The interior is nice though.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, WML888 said:

May be the 2.4 Turbo, since new Forester no XT. 

Yah. In US, the Outback XT is using the 2.4 turbo engine. 

6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I find the newer outbacks quite ugly. Huge front and rear overhangs and the beard like plastic trims on the bottom makes the overall look very messy. Paired with the 2.5na engine, it will not be popular here.

The interior is nice though.

Yes. Is a waste of time for MI to bring in the 2.5L engine.

6 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Wonder what is the price point, $140K?

hopefully hahahah, shld be got ves surcharge since 2.5 so dunno if can be around that price

Edited by SiLangKia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1