Cost to replace hybrid Battery

Notitwain

Batteries can longer going by air freight, only sea freight is allowed

Thanks for the info.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Now with globalisation where logistic is so advanced, few weeks is another B.S.

2 days is all it needs to have it deliver to the warehouse and doorstep of the workshop.

Somehow agent mind set still in the 80s.

2 days is too long.

One of our vessel in Yokohama, Japan required a spare part to sail. The item left my hand to DHL at 4pm. The next day 12noon, the vessel received the item and ready to set sail by evening. The item weighs 10kg. Its a special non-return valve.

Less than 24hrs!!! I was truly amazed at the speed of delivery.

Twincharged

2 days is too long.

One of our vessel in Yokohama, Japan required a spare part to sail. The item left my hand to DHL at 4pm. The next day 12noon, the vessel received the item and ready to set sail by evening. The item weighs 10kg. Its a special non-return valve.

when you pay... anything can be done.

• Praise 1

Now with globalisation where logistic is so advanced, few weeks is another B.S.

2 days is all it needs to have it deliver to the warehouse and doorstep of the workshop.

Somehow agent mind set still in the 80s.

In fact the reason they gave is that they will only order the battery when needed because freshly made batteries last longer than those manufactured and keep in storage.

In fact the reason they gave is that they will only order the battery when needed because freshly made batteries last longer than those manufactured and keep in storage.

Well this is the most lame silly excuse.

So are they saying all those production car are stuck in the assembly line waiting for only fresh battery.

Shake head...

Turbocharged

2 days is too long.

Valve can be air but battery no .. as far as I know airplane faster than ship
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Valve can be air but battery no .. as far as I know airplane faster than ship

yup. Classified under IATA as dangerous goods.

So with HSR, most stuff can be on Rails liao..

Unfortunately, some think that the burden to the infra will kill a nation.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Twincharged

For me hybrid is simply B.S..

Simple reason is the replacement cost is way above the petrol money i could ever save.

It depends.. Like for me who drive full time grab. The petrol savings is substantial..

Well this is the most lame silly excuse.

So are they saying all those production car are stuck in the assembly line waiting for only fresh battery.

Shake head...

I think its because they do not want to keep stock for hybrid battery for too long. Keep for too long later hybrid battery will not last and still not very common to keep changing hybrid batteries. Wait till it become very common, then of coz they will need to keep stock.

I think its because they do not want to keep stock for hybrid battery for too long. Keep for too long later hybrid battery will not last and still not very common to keep changing hybrid batteries. Wait till it become very common, then of coz they will need to keep stock.

Yes. it is inventory cost pure and simple! Who wants to be saddled with this? lol

so all AD needs to do is to say wear and tear, and the warranty can throw away?

I heard the prius replacement is $5k, while the new Honda hybrid can change by cells, is cheaper, just a few hundred depending on which cell?

I heard the prius replacement is $5k, while the new Honda hybrid can change by cells, is cheaper, just a few hundred depending on which cell?

All battery banks are made up of many cells.

If a few cells died at about the same time after > 5 years of use, probably the entire bank of cells are exhausting soon.

So it is better to change the entire bank at the same time to minimise labour cost, hassle and difference in output voltage.

A quote I got for a non-original hybrid battery bank is < $3k (should be excluding labour cost).

So for Honda, which workshop in Singapore is doing this service of changing cell by cell?

If a few cells died at about the same time after > 5 years of use, probably the entire bank of cells are exhausting soon.

So it is better to change the entire bank at the same time to minimise labour cost, hassle and difference in output voltage.

A quote I got for a non-original hybrid battery bank is < $3k (should be excluding labour cost).

Like that not environmental friendly. Those tree huggers will frown on you.

is non original safe to use? 

seems here in sg only HEVS can do the car?

is non original safe to use? 

seems here in sg only HEVS can do the car?

This is my concern also.  My hybrid car is only a few years old so this is a price problem of the original battery that I hope can be resolved a few years down the road.

You are right when you say that it is better to change the entire bank at the same time. When a few cells are changed the battery usually faces issues in the near future due to voltage imbalance. 

It is now less costly to repair a hybrid battery, but i would still go for the original because those are crash tested and properly made by the original manufacturer. I would definitely trust the build and quality of Panasonic (Toyota's hybrid battery maker) over the non original manufacturer from some other country.

Now the original batteries for a 3rd Gen Prius at Hevshop is already going at <$3k

On 4/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, Spring said:

I’m not sure of the exact costs but it runs into thousands $ from what I understand.

If it’s a Prius, they allow 1 free change of battery in the first 10yrs n from what I read, the Koreans Hyundai n Kia allow unlimited change of faulty battery during the first 10 yrs of the car’s life.

despite this announcement, my friend couldn't get his less than 10yo Prius battery replaced.  We went to JB Toyota service center to get it done at less than 2/3 the quote in Singapore.   this was about 3 years ago...

↡ Advertisement