NUS GIRL takes her perpetrator to task

Playtime

I thought the Doxxing Laws are not effected yet (Tabled in parliament 1 April, but not in effect?); hence technically, retrospective action should not apply (Notwithstanding the case involving an academic from Stanford). Given the public outcry over this, there is a possibility that it may turn out to be another PR disaster for the relevant organisation(s) if the Doxxing laws are indeed applied in this circumstance.

One must wonder if the law were around.

Chc, tt durai, Mps fxxking their grassroots staff, high ranked civil servants getting free blow jobs... what happens there?

If spf did it's job properly, none of this would have happened.

All these fake news and doxxing laws are doubled edged swords, who it's meant to protect is really questionable.

But no doubt there will be attempts by elites to use this to justify it.. although it's really already decided.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Then what about others who commit the same crime but receive different treatment? Want to give chance then must be fair across the board and not one of them special treatment, they rest another treatment.

Moreover some offences committed is quite serious case and need to have hush punishment/sentences in order to send strong signal so that others will not do it. This one no choice one, of coz after the person served the punishment/sentence, there will be depends on society to give this person a chance. The video tapping women naked in shower is not a serious offence? If like that every guy can commit that offence and then say my 1st time and then just met out punishment that is only suspend for 12 months and police only conditional warning? Come on..

Somemore he is not under 16, he is already an adult in NUS. So surely know how to think and self control. If he is under 16 then yeah.. Different story.

The different treatment is kind of unjust .  [dead]

Personally , I think his IQ not very high . Who will hold a Phone , stick the hand under the cubicle door to film someone. 

They think their hand invisible or the target will not turn around ?  <_<  

:D

• Praise 1

as we speak,

some mother f ucker decides to rape a 5 years old gal

key word sexual assault

so kindly explain to my simple mind, how to treat perverts kindly

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/piano-teacher-sexual-assault-5-year-old-student-pleads-guilty-11470900?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR1OHNGHvdSuK5lNbkKH5my55YOMd0dW6pPxWR4ddZuhl0c2OikEHa4Rikcattachicon.gifScreenshot_20190423-181821_Facebook.jpg

This type I 101% agree for them to get his cock CHOP off ! 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

On Facebook and everywhere else, I had refrained from leaving any comments. There are too many unnecessary noise and the proper channel of complaint had not been used. The police and NUS is not everything, there are still much more options like Magistrate complaint, Court of Appeal, civil suit etc.

This case - although had pushed for pressing review successfully - had also brought about undesirable impact. The culprit has now become a bigger victim than the victim herself. Some may not agree but on the surface, that's how it appeared to be at the moment. Baseless accusations, unfounded rumors, this is just Singaporeans as shallow as they can be on social media.

The majority of external comments fed into this case was not about reforming, it was out for his blood literally. Know the difference.

Honestly I don’t really care about the Nicholas guy. I think you are exaggerating the effects. I tell u, one year later nobody remembers this. No crime record, no nothing.

So what are the options available to the victim? Is she supposed to hire her own lawyer to sue that guy?

I thought the police/agc is supposed to protect the weak and vulnerable. What I feel the most wrong here is the actions of the police/agc. I think there should be strict guidelines on when the police can be judge jury and executioner. Example, when the offenses are really minor. Or when the victim agrees to give a second chance to the accused.

What the police did was, we don’t care that the accused broke into a female toilet and filmed the victim. We don’t care what the victim wish or how hurt she was. To me, it is just crazy as I think breaking into toilets and filming people is so much worse than let say upskirts in a public place.

• Praise 10

I am curious. Who is the one/ones that decided that Lim is blah blah blah... Is it the Police or AGC?

Who determined that he is unlikely to re-offend and is remorseful? SPF - IO? Supt? Who? I hope its not the Police, AGC should be the one...

I am curious. Who is the one/ones that decided that Lim is blah blah blah... Is it the Police or AGC?

Who determined that he is unlikely to re-offend and is remorseful? SPF - IO? Supt? Who? I hope its not the Police, AGC should be the one...

The police probably makes their assessment, then recommends to AGC.

If every case needs to go to AGC to determine the level of remorse and every case needs a judge to decide the sentence without any form of filtering, even for petty crime, think the whole justice system will grind to a halt.

Just to put things into prospective, the numbers of reported crimes in Singapore is around 33,000 a year.

Even his father is a driver and mother is a housewife doesn’t give him an excuse not to be punished for what he did

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Well said.

The vindictiveness I have read and seen in the last one week is disturbing (MCF is generally better). If the boy is pushed to the end of the road, these people will still say he deserved it even when the punishment is 100x the crime.

Btw, I think NUS should expel him but generally I think the police did the right thing. As parent of grown up kids, I have seen them made mistakes, learnt from them and became better persons. Everyone deserves a second chance if they are remorseful. Most people here won't agree with me but we can agree to disagree as we are all from different background/ life experience.

I don't understand how another reasonable adult can think that the police did the right thing.

The first thing is to try to put yourself into the victims shoes.... ok, that is a bit hard if you are a guy like me, pretend that the victim is your daughter. 

She got filmed while in bathing. There is no way of know if the video shows her face, naked, bathing. There is always the risk that the video will be released into the internet. I cannot imagine the stress it has on her and what happens IF the video is released. The damage to the victim here is many times higher than say an upskirt shot showing some underwear.

The police/AGC is supposed to protect people like our daughters. By giving warnings to this Nicholas, plus with their own admission an untold other number of similar cases, they are giving out the totally wrong signal that this is acceptable and you will be let off with a warning if you satisfy some simple criteria. Word travel around in the hostels. If people hear of previous examples that peeping toms were let off with just a warning, what message does it sent out?

If my daughter has to GO PUBLIC in a case like this to get justice... to me it is so ridiculous, putting her face on every paper/website. The police/AGC needs to take in the victims input. If she needs justice to get closure and move on, why are they denying her that?

What is worse is the explanation from the police... they don't see that they have done anything wrong and they have used their past mistakes to justify their current one.

Twincharged

For alumni, do check your email, assuming you are on their mailing list. An NUS email awaits you. [laugh]

Out of habit, I have always deleted and thrown away whatever the alumni sends me. Forever asking for money.
  • Praise 1

Kim Huat is merely echoing what many felt. If it's a 25yrs old fresh Grad in his first job with PWC. Drunk, went to office female toilet to take video....

99.99% will be sacked lor....

• Praise 2

Kim Huat is merely echoing what many felt. If it's a 25yrs old fresh Grad in his first job with PWC. Drunk, went to office female toilet to take video....

Yah

Ah Kim spot on!

Meaning all pubs for men only...

After drinking, can take each other bideo Song Song in the toilet

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3