NUS GIRL takes her perpetrator to task

Playtime

On 9/27/2019 at 2:33 PM, Playtime said:

BqKkw3.png

It's not the 1st time law minister come out and say on Facebook. There are many pervious few cases where he disagreed with the verdict and AGC also on law minister side disagreed with the verdict too. 

With this consistent trend.. There could be something wrong, either with the law that is written, or the judge or law ministers and public opinion that did not see the full picture? I don't know.. If this trend keep continues where judge give verdict and then public outcry, plus law minister also disagree with the verdict together with AGC.. Then it would be very worrying. It can be any case, if keep need law minister and AGC step in and if too frequent... There might end up be the situation where people who get into trouble with law or is the victim, felt that the judge verdict is unfavorable to them, they just make a big hoo har and then maybe act pity or what and public outcry and law minister and or AGC step in. Like this is good for law and order in long run? I don't think so...

Edited by Yewheng

10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

It's not the 1st time law minister come out and say on Facebook. There are many pervious few cases where he disagreed with the verdict and AGC also on law minister side disagreed with the verdict too. 

With this consistent trend.. There could be something wrong, either with the law that is written, or the judge or law ministers and public opinion that did not see the full picture? I don't know.. If this trend keep continues where judge give verdict and then public outcry, plus law minister also disagree with the verdict together with AGC.. Then it would be very worrying. It can be any case, if keep need law minister and AGC step in and if too frequent... There might end up be the situation where people who get into trouble with law or is the victim, felt that the judge verdict is unfavorable to them, they just make a big hoo har and then maybe act pity or what and public outcry and law minister and or AGC step in. Like this is good for law and order in long run? I don't think so...

Meaning the competencies of the current panel of judges are damn jialat..

No need to write WOT....

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Freeder said:

No need to write WOT....

And we are not supposed to comment somemore.

Is it too much power given to an individual or organisation that there are little cross checks? Even internal self governance are controlled by the organisation. 

10 hours ago, Freeder said:

No need to write WOT....

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. 

The judges may also not agree with say... pofma... le majeste laws.. defamation suits etc.. they still must execute it.

It's the law ministers job to make changes to law.

• Praise 3

Hug hug not raba raba staff members ....... :slow:      

Not his students ... :=B:

@kobayashiGT also hug hug long time no see MCF members that suddenly turns up during organised/sponsored MU ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Next time I poh mata he hug me ....  :XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 3

What is the world coming to? NUS kept hitting the headlines for the wrong reason. 

Man accused of trespassing into university room to steal vibrator

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-accused-of-trespassing-into-university-room-steal-vibrator-13667958

SINGAPORE: A 27-year-old man is accused of trespassing into a room in a university and stealing a vibrator, before returning months later to the same room to "fiddle" with a sex toy.

The man, who cannot be named along with the exact location due to gag orders protecting the victim's identity, returned to court for a mention of his case on Monday (Nov 30).

He faces four charges: Two of criminal trespass, one of theft and a fourth charge of sending insulting communication to the victim through the mobile app Telegram.

According to charge sheets, the man trespassed into the room on a university campus on two occasions between Jan 3 and Jan 9 last year, intending to commit an offence of stealing a vibrator.

He allegedly stole a pink vibrator worth S$40 from the room.

The man is also accused of trespassing into the same place on Jul 18 last year, with the intent to annoy the room occupant by "rummaging through her belongings and fiddling with her sex toy".

That night, he allegedly used insulting words towards the victim on Telegram, causing her alarm.

The man will return to court in January. If convicted of criminal trespass, he faces a jail term of up to three months, a fine of up to S$1,500, or both.

If found guilty of theft, he could be jailed for up to seven years and fined. If convicted of sending insulting communication with the intent to cause alarm, he could be jailed for up to eight months, fined up to S$5,000, or both.

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

More horny news from our acclaimed universities.....

An anonymous complaint was made against Professor Theodore G Hopf from NUS  

Investigations found that in August, he offered a student alcohol and they had a drink together on campus

Among other things, he made an offensive remark about certain parts of the student's anatomy

NUS made a police report on Nov 27 

The case is the third in less than two months of action taken by NUS against professors for inappropriate behaviour or sexual misconduct

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nus-professor-sacked-sexual-misconduct-after-probe-allegations-harassment-student

nus_1.png?itok=F_gddY4G

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Where did these people get their education from?

I boh tak chek but I also know

must make complimentary comments about the student's anatomy.

People don't like offensive remarks.

:grin:

If people want a good education they should come to me.

I do sex education. 

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Among other things, he made an offensive remark about certain parts of the student's anatomy

nus_1.png?itok=F_gddY4G

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3