2017 2nd Generation Mazda CX-5

Carbon82

Hi Andrew,

Locally available or to be available ?

Mazda 6 2.5 turbo wun be ...

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

So far the sources are only saying the release is in Japan. It should be making its way around the world but it may or may not end up here as our ADs are selective. It may be hit by VES which will make it unattractive.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/mazda-cx-5-turbo-engine-2019

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

So far the sources are only saying the release is in Japan. It should be making its way around the world but it may or may not end up here as our ADs are selective. It may be hit by VES which will make it unattractive.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/mazda-cx-5-turbo-engine-2019

Hi Andrew,

Thanks .. same like newly released mazda 6 2.5 turbo then.

Trouble is torque/power aka pick up for driveability is addictive and usually never enough .. especially against law of physics aka inertia and most car owners in simplepore do not have to luxury to try overcome without big $ for purchase or maintenance with high FC ... my pivot drive in my forester fxt is finally in use after fitted 10 mths ago .. to put to eco mode to save FC petrol $ from current <=8km/l ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

if no 2.5L turbo ... can also expect Skyactiv-X next year

FC sure welcome by owner [thumbsup]

How is it possible for Mazda to extract so much power and efficiency from their engines with very high compression ratios? Maybe the engines will vibrate alot? 

read up skyactiv-x engine

it's a combination of petrol cum diesel characteristic

to produce high power (petrol) and achieve high torque (diesel)

How is it possible for Mazda to extract so much power and efficiency from their engines with very high compression ratios? Maybe the engines will vibrate alot? 

Edited by Wt_know

if no 2.5L turbo ... can also expect Skyactiv-X next year

FC sure welcome by owner [thumbsup]

4.3-4.9 per 100km????

sounds too good to be true, haha. unlikely to achieve that even with 100% highway

• Praise 1

4.3-4.9 per 100km????

sounds too good to be true, haha. unlikely to achieve that even with 100% highway

I think the 4.3-4.9 figure is quoted for the Mazda 3. The current heavier CX-5 can achieve 5.4 per 100km for 100% highway with old tech so it may be achievable for a Mazda 3 with the new tech.

I think the 4.3-4.9 figure is quoted for the Mazda 3. The current heavier CX-5 can achieve 5.4 per 100km for 100% highway with old tech so it may be achievable for a Mazda 3 with the new tech.

if it's true, 5.4l/100km is still very impressive.

my friend's prius is getting 4l/100km, 50/50 city and highway.

if it's true, 5.4l/100km is still very impressive.

my friend's prius is getting 4l/100km, 50/50 city and highway.

Yes, quite surprising and impressive. As it is, many Mazda 3 owners are already complaining about the vibration. Sometimes these new tech have some shortcoming, like Toyota's pseudo Atkinson-cycle feels under-powered. 

Yes, quite surprising and impressive. As it is, many Mazda 3 owners are already complaining about the vibration. Sometimes these new tech have some shortcoming, like Toyota's pseudo Atkinson-cycle feels under-powered. 

won't be surprising as once the engine mounts get bit worn out, u will feel it.

The skyactive engine was never the most refined engine even when brand new.

• Praise 1

News from Mazda website:

Updated Mazda CX-5 Launched in Japan

Becomes the first model in Japan available with SKYACTIV-G 2.5T engine;

special edition model features a premium-feeling interior

I wonder if this will ever make it to Singapore.

Edited by Tbt001
  • Praise 2

Have the 2nd Gen CX-5 for a year now and I must say it is a fun car to drive. Don't take my word for it; go for a test-drive and compare it with other similar SUV in this segment.

Fuel consumption looking at 11-12km/L as mine is a 2.5L.

Any new Mazda cx5 owners here of the 2nd gen? Mind to share your experience of the car so far? How's the drive and fuel consumption? Is servicing by tek ok?

• Praise 2

Any cx5 2nd gen drivers out there? How's the fuel consumption of the 2.0? Is the car ok so far?

Had my CX5 2.0L for about 2 months plus, a joy to drive.

FC is 7.7 l /100km

• Praise 2