2017 2nd Generation Mazda CX-5

Carbon82

Better not lah. The authorities are ready to crack down on "irresponsible/reckless drivers".

Not easy to have the best of every worlds. One thing car makers can do is bring down the curb weight but it would come at a cost. Ppl already ranting about the options they dont get to see in Sgp. But they dont understand it would raise the omv and factor in the import tax which is plus 100% x omv that would enter the territory of "I might as well get a bmw" price point. LoL... but it's fun to see these ppl rant w/o much thinkig.

While I can understand where you are coming from, this scenario also brings up an interesting question.

Does it mean that by default, b n b ADs eg BM and KM have higher profit margin than PM?! That they need to artificially keep the OMV down by deleting everything in the cars they sell to keep their profit margin high yet at the same time giving customers a false perspective that their cars are 'cheap'?  

I do know that low end BMW models are poorly specced and poorly finished also. But they do not keep the OMV down by deleting safety features or HU among others. Yet they can sell their cars at prices close to if not slightly more than a equivalent Japs mainstream brand with most equipment deleted? It is highly unlikely that Japs cars OMV are generally higher than the Conti right? 

↡ Advertisement

While I can understand where you are coming from, this scenario also brings up an interesting question.

Does it mean that by default, b n b ADs eg BM and KM have higher profit margin than PM?! That they need to artificially keep the OMV down by deleting everything in the cars they sell to keep their profit margin high yet at the same time giving customers a false perspective that their cars are 'cheap'?  

I do know that low end BMW models are poorly specced and poorly finished also. But they do not keep the OMV down by deleting safety features or HU among others. Yet they can sell their cars at prices close to if not slightly more than a equivalent Japs mainstream brand with most equipment deleted? It is highly unlikely that Japs cars OMV are generally higher than the Conti right? 

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-trends/Japan-automakers-race-past-rivals-in-profit-margins

I think not just BM and KM have high profit margins, Toyota and Honda also have high margins when they sell the cars. Many ADs have very low OMVs compared to selling price.

• Praise 2

In case anyone is interested, I believe they still have a few pre-facelift 2.5 luxury showroom models (judging by their price list which doesn't have the word 'new'). I believe they are red and white. They've been trying to sell those since November last year and were offering $140k for them in early Dec. I was close to buying the soul Red showroom model, but it lacked simple standard features as on the brochure, like bodykit (TEK charge $2k for it), boot sills, sports pedals etc. I asked for the price to be lower given it was a showroom model that everyone had touched (both models show significant wear on the seats) and lacked standard features. I only asked this because they were selling brand new luxury models with full kit the same price. They didn't budge.

Went to TEK Lee Keng last week.  The red pre-facelift 2.5 luxury is still there sitting unsold.  If anyone is interested, I'm sure you probably could get a good deal on it since it's just depreciating day-by-day hour-by-hour, especially since it's pre-facelift.

Too bad.  I would've bought it in December 2018 had they been a bit more flexible on price by a few thousand.  It's probably lost that value in the past 3 months.

• Praise 1

Some car makers have took notice and they are producing it.

peugeot-208-2019.jpg

I have also notice more "EGR delete kits" for turbodiesel engines in online shops. At first I notice the plugs and redirectiing the PCV to catchment cans/tanks or the oil pan. All these things actually triggers the CEL caused by dirty O2 sensors which is quite annoying. The problem now is that these EGR thingy can be found on petrol engines as well. Some of the exhaust gas get recycled into the engine to bring down emissions. How I wish this BS can stop.

EGR is actually a technique to control combustion by reducing the O2 available (and simultaneously reducing the petrol injected), reducing wasted energy and by extension, emissions.

You actually greatly increase the NOx production by removing the EGR system/ ducting. The difference in power output from the engine is likely to be negligible at best.

Let's just say the auto-makers are spending millions of dollars in R & D to try to get their engines to do the impossible:

1) Give more low-rpm power

2) Run leaner

3) Less emissions

EGR was a system designed to try to fulfil 2) and 3), without too much of an impact on 1).

• Praise 1

Went to TEK Lee Keng last week. The red pre-facelift 2.5 luxury is still there sitting unsold. If anyone is interested, I'm sure you probably could get a good deal on it since it's just depreciating day-by-day hour-by-hour, especially since it's pre-facelift.

Too bad. I would've bought it in December 2018 had they been a bit more flexible on price by a few thousand. It's probably lost that value in the past 3 months.

Huh no impact on TEK ya. It won't depreciate so long that cx5 is not registered.

They can put it on display for the next 3 yrs and still be able to sell it at new car prices and legally it is still a new car

Huh no impact on TEK ya. It won't depreciate so long that cx5 is not registered.

They can put it on display for the next 3 yrs and still be able to sell it at new car prices and legally it is still a new car

Maybe true if the model year or facelifts weren't external factors affecting costs.

But the CX5 just went through a minor face-lift here in SG, and buyers won't pay full price for a pre-facelift version, which has fewer advertised features. May not be depreciation in the full accounting sense, but it's loss of value against retail cost.

Equally, that model is a 2017 or 2018 manufactured version. We're almost Q2 2019. Again a buyer wouldn't accept a 2017 manufactured model at full RRP, so being able to sell at full cost would be difficult.

In saying that, I think it's utter BS that AD's get away with that loophole of "new" just because you're the registered first owner. TEK were trying to sell me the test drive car at the cost of new model, just because they consider it "new" as I would be first registered owner. Despite the fact that it had 750km on it and was probably thrashed by different drivers. But I suppose if a buyer is willing to accept it...

Edited by GTO-1

Maybe true if the model year or facelifts weren't external factors affecting costs.

But the CX5 just went through a minor face-lift here in SG, and buyers won't pay full price for a pre-facelift version, which has fewer advertised features. May not be depreciation in the full accounting sense, but it's loss of value against retail cost.

Equally, that model is a 2017 or 2018 manufactured version. We're almost Q2 2019. Again a buyer wouldn't accept a 2017 manufactured model at full RRP, so being able to sell at full cost would be difficult.

Well that Android auto and apple car play interface can be upgraded yourself foc if you google ard for help from overseas mazda owners. No need to pay $800 for something thats free in other countries.

That 360deg cam is not necessary la. If you need that thing to help u park, you better dont drive ah haha. The cx9 instrument cluster also not important enough to pay premium for a brand new 2019 model.

Vent front seats may be the only item thats important.

My existing car was sitting in their warehouse for one full year b4 i pick it up. No issues at all..except for a short batt lifespan.

My ex civic FD1 was fresh from the factory of less than 3 weeks old from production line. It ended up as a lemon and i have to junk it when the gb went up the lorry by 65000km

Well that Android auto and apple car play interface can be upgraded yourself foc if you google ard for help from overseas mazda owners. No need to pay $800 for something thats free in other countries.

That 360deg cam is not necessary la. If you need that thing to help u park, you better dont drive ah haha. The cx9 instrument cluster also not important enough to pay premium for a brand new 2019 model.

Vent front seats may be the only item thats important.

My existing car was sitting in their warehouse for one full year b4 i pick it up. No issues at all..except for a short batt lifespan.

My ex civic FD1 was fresh from the factory of less than 3 weeks old from production line. It ended up as a lemon and i have to junk it when the gb went up the lorry by 65000km

Well if a buyer is willing to accept the car with fewer features at full RRP cost then up to the buyer.

But I would expect a steep discount because its a older model with fewer features. For example if I was buying now, I would expect a much steeper than discount than what I had asked for a few months back.

Of course you can have bad luck with older and newer models. Unfortunately the nature of the best. But newer manufactured models tend to have fixes integrated from learnings of the earlier versions.

Not to mention a 2019 model year will hold its value greater than 2017 model because its just newer, when sold at the same time.

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

Well if a buyer is willing to accept the car with fewer features at full RRP cost then up to the buyer.

But I would expect a steep discount because its a older model with fewer features. For example if I was buying now, I would expect a much steeper than discount than what I had asked for a few months back.

Of course you can have bad luck with older and newer models. Unfortunately the nature of the best. But newer manufactured models tend to have fixes integrated from learnings of the earlier versions.

Not to mention a 2019 model year will hold its value greater than 2017 model because its just newer, when sold at the same time.

Well used car dealers won't give a **** on that de. Its scrap + 1-2K at most. If u have a rare or so called unpopular car, its just scrap value for any year. 

I've asked a SE at Leng Kee branch about that red CX5 2.5. He said he can offer a discount of $1000 for that showroom unit.. Oh yeah.. some kind of discount that is.. LOL

Well used car dealers won't give a **** on that de. Its scrap + 1-2K at most. If u have a rare or so called unpopular car, its just scrap value for any year. 

I've asked a SE at Leng Kee branch about that red CX5 2.5. He said he can offer a discount of $1000 for that showroom unit.. Oh yeah.. some kind of discount that is.. LOL

That's true, I think very specific to SG.  Definitely not the case overseas, but irrelevant since we're in Singapore.

Can take that $1k and then go eat Dragon Meat with your partner...

Hi! Any current/new owners CX-5 here? Just collected my ride less than a week ago [inlove]

Hi, you could PM me your mobile number and I'll add you in our CX5/CX9 Chatgroup

Well if you like the CX5 but just can't afford the insane price tag... here is something for u to look forward to. If it does come to sg, it may force TEK to dramatically lower their price tags to fend off the Chinese invasion

BIMS2019_MG_ZS_EV-1-850x498.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

I just collected my CX-5 last week. Can anyone add me to the chatgroup?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello,

I just collected my CX-5 last week. Can anyone add me to the chatgroup?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi, PM me your number and I'll add you in our Chatgroup.

Cheers

@mazdacars24, stop creating new threads on CX-5 showing the same video!

You have been warned. :excl:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7