OZ HyperGT HLT review

TeamAMG69

Hi Friends !

Thinking of getting OZ HyperGT HLT to replace my current stock rims (MERC W205)

https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/hypergt-hlt

Will like to hear your comments or thought on it ...

1) some people commented that OZ wheels (Hyper GT) may not be able to support the weight of W205 (Curb weight

1,635 kg)

for discussion, 4 Adults - 85kg each, with 2 travel luggage (40KG) - total 2015kg (exclude tyres)

how / where can i find the max weight that OZ GT can support?

roughly how much buffer should I give?

2) also some say OZ wheels hit pot holes sure GG, is there any truth to it? or just urban legends?

many thanks!

↡ Advertisement

If Rims cannot stand the weight of the Mercedes Benz C-Class...it won't get approved for Sales....Hit Potholes.?That Depends on alot of Factors..........

Hi Friends !

1) some people commented that OZ wheels (Hyper GT) may not be able to support the weight of W205 (Curb weight1,635 kg)

for discussion, 4 Adults - 85kg each, with 2 travel luggage (40KG) - total 2015kg (exclude tyres)

2) also some say OZ wheels hit pot holes sure GG, is there any truth to it? or just urban legends?

many thanks!

''The maximum load rating is shown on all OZ wheels (e.g.: MAX 650 kg)''. Saw this on OZ website. If possible, look at the back of the rim, is stated there. cant advise on buffer though...

As for potholes, many factors to consider. how fast are u going, how deep is the pothole, what angle u hit the pothole, how thick is your tyre......

• Praise 1

If worry so much then get forged rims. Only cost a lot more than cast rims. [laugh]

If kenna kerb rash which is more likely than hitting a pot hole, your wallet hurts only what. [laugh]

Ppl and their high ses problems.

I'll say if really set ur eyes on it liao, just get. Cfm can support ur car no issue. Hit pot hole or not is another issue.

I find that TS's worries are unfounded. It's because he listens to what other ppl instead of thinking things thru that he had to ask such questions.

Truth is there are so many forces acting on the wheels of the car both static and dynamic(when the car is moving) how are you going to know what's going to happen? If it breaks it breaks. There's no sensor to show you a figure.

Another thing is about statistics. How often does your car carries the full load of passengers and barang barang? Are you a PHV driver?

Then there's pot holes. Are there many pot holes on sg roads? Weather is so dry and hardly any rain how often will you see a pot hole? FYI pot holes most likely appear after many days of heavy rain.

That's why I say the worries are unfounded. Use your brain, dont listen so much to others. Or Google for answers to your questions if you require spoon feeding.

Hi Friends !

1) some people commented that OZ wheels (Hyper GT) may not be able to support the weight of W205 (Curb weight1,635 kg)

many thanks!

let me share my personal views

1) probably he has his reasons , so NO comment

some wheels had embossed or engraved the max weight on the back of the wheels , may be you can ask politely the sellers for this Informations. (100% answer your Question is write an email to OZ for details , do take note of the technical specification's like  wheels size and PCD etc.

Max Load for same model 8x18 offset 40 but  PCD 5/112 and 5/120 are difference (let me tell you 99.99 % my answer)

BUffer ? = to me no standard answer , Why ? to me BUffer is like Safety factor, is up to manufacturers   wants 1.1 or all the up to 1.5.

this 1.1 and 1.5 will be determined by the design and Cost.and weight ,Quality or last Commercial factor

for me Max load for safety reason higher the better but you have to factor in the cost.

2) it is truth hit pot holes OZ wheels will GG ? MY personal view this applied to ALL wheels.

Good quality wheels is certified generally stronger.

I believe the rim makers have already make life easy by classifying the rims into just two categories....for Passenger Vehicles or Commercial Vehicles.

The decision boils down to strength in TS worries. So it's down to the rim making process, forged or casting.

So what if you get a figure of the load rating from the rim maker? What are you going to compare it with? I wonder.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Other than rims load rating there's also tyres load rating to consider so whichever the weaker link will fail...

typical 18" with pcd114.3 x 5 will have a 690kg on each rim or 2,760kg for all 4 rims which i think is adequate for most cars (even SUVs)

tyres to "match" the rim load rating in this case should have min. load index of 89 or 90.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Other than rims load rating there's also tyres load rating to consider so whichever the weaker link will fail...

typical 18" with pcd114.3 x 5 will have a 690kg on each rim or 2,760kg for all 4 rims which i think is adequate for most cars (even SUVs)

tyres to "match" the rim load rating in this case should have min. load index of 89 or 90.

thanks bro

if about 2.7tonne, should be more than enough for me ....

''The maximum load rating is shown on all OZ wheels (e.g.: MAX 650 kg)''. Saw this on OZ website. If possible, look at the back of the rim, is stated there. cant advise on buffer though...

As for potholes, many factors to consider. how fast are u going, how deep is the pothole, what angle u hit the pothole, how thick is your tyre......

thanks for this information!

i didnt know about it ...

, i will drop by one of the workshop to see if i can look behind the rims ...

let me share my personal views

1) probably he has his reasons , so NO comment

some wheels had embossed or engraved the max weight on the back of the wheels , may be you can ask politely the sellers for this Informations. (100% answer your Question is write an email to OZ for details , do take note of the technical specification's like  wheels size and PCD etc.

Max Load for same model 8x18 offset 40 but  PCD 5/112 and 5/120 are difference (let me tell you 99.99 % my answer)

BUffer ? = to me no standard answer , Why ? to me BUffer is like Safety factor, is up to manufacturers   wants 1.1 or all the up to 1.5.

this 1.1 and 1.5 will be determined by the design and Cost.and weight ,Quality or last Commercial factor

for me Max load for safety reason higher the better but you have to factor in the cost.

2) it is truth hit pot holes OZ wheels will GG ? MY personal view this applied to ALL wheels.

Good quality wheels is certified generally stronger.

thanks u Bro for your comments

i am asking here, cos i am a NOOB (newbie) , like what i said, i heard from some "OLD BIRDS" so come here ask for others comments....

MCF is afterall a friendly and caring forumn ya? can ask questions and hopefully seek some answers .... 

I find that TS's worries are unfounded. It's because he listens to what other ppl instead of thinking things thru that he had to ask such questions.

Truth is there are so many forces acting on the wheels of the car both static and dynamic(when the car is moving) how are you going to know what's going to happen? If it breaks it breaks. There's no sensor to show you a figure.

Another thing is about statistics. How often does your car carries the full load of passengers and barang barang? Are you a PHV driver?

Then there's pot holes. Are there many pot holes on sg roads? Weather is so dry and hardly any rain how often will you see a pot hole? FYI pot holes most likely appear after many days of heavy rain.

That's why I say the worries are unfounded. Use your brain, dont listen so much to others. Or Google for answers to your questions if you require spoon feeding.

bro, i did try to google and find the max weight of OZ GT wheels

but i cant find ..

if you are so kind and give me the answer ...will greatly appreciate the help! 

cheers!

ps. i am not a PHV driver, if i am , i wont bother to zhng rims ya ? 

Edited by TeamAMG69

Diameter:19

Width:8.5ET:38

Hole / PCD:5x112

Finishing:Star Graphite

Weight:10.3 kg

Car:Mercedes Benz E-Class W213, Mercedes Benz C-Class W205, Volkswagen Scirocco

Hope this gives some info on your preferred OZ rim 

Source: http://www.permaisuri.com/wheels/oz-racing/10592/Hyper-GT-HLT-Star-Graphite-19

You may want to get the info on the stock rims for your car as well for comparison.

I use this website for my rim-hunting days : 

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=225-55-18X7ET38&wheel2=225-55-18X7.5ET35&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

Edited by Diesel

Diameter:19

Width:8.5ET:38

Hole / PCD:5x112

Finishing:Star Graphite

Weight:10.3 kg

Car:Mercedes Benz E-Class W213, Mercedes Benz C-Class W205, Volkswagen Scirocco

Hope this gives some info on your preferred OZ rim 

Source: http://www.permaisuri.com/wheels/oz-racing/10592/Hyper-GT-HLT-Star-Graphite-19

You may want to get the info on the stock rims for your car as well for comparison.

I use this website for my rim-hunting days : 

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=225-55-18X7ET38&wheel2=225-55-18X7.5ET35&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

thanks u bro

in any case

really appreciate to all the MCF members & Bro who gave me advice & comments

I found the answers !!! 

18inch x 8 - 675KG , = 2,700KG ( more than enough for my requirements) 

in fact on the official website, OZ Hyper GT was actually even recommended for E Class!!!

in any case

I found the answers !!! 

in fact on the official website, OZ Hyper GT was actually even recommended for E Class!!!

in any case

I found the answers !!! 

post-307078-0-91236100-1556024506_thumb.jpg

post-307078-0-00883400-1556024658_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

will be ok until u hit a pothole at fast speed.

to be fair , wheels are not designed to hit and withstand Pot hole.

so remembered the T & C.

thansk for sharing your views

Is there a hyper gt replica .. someone mentioned oz has quite a few model that sells replica.. any clue how to spot one at the shop?

↡ Advertisement