Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

Yup donât buy facing the new ns expressway.... years of construction...

I like the prata place. With Thomson line the accessibility goes up by a lot. Else there is literally nothing.

Lentor is at amk so there are quite a few stuff within walking distance provided your unit is not too nested in.

Which units are facing the new expressway? Or where is this expressway being built?

depends where you work but the air in cashew is fresher and there is more greenery there

that said, lentor not too far off seletar too.

Either one works for me
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi do you stay at countryside? There are two transactions down in March 2019.

Yes the road and front yard of countryside are super wide. A lot of small gardens around.

Yup, I am an expert in Lentor area cuz I looked around for a place in that area 10 years ago because my wife lived there.

If u are buying a place, u should know exactly where the ns expressway is..... countryside road is near expressway.

One thing bad is recently the new Seletar airport has caused planes to fly overhead our estate. Not big jets but still can hear. Seems to be improving since Malaysia removed the restricted air space but it is a point to note and a risk.

i say cashew more quiet actually...and the transisland walk will be a nice one to do in my leisurely time 

Yup, I am an expert in Lentor area cuz I looked around for a place in that area 10 years ago because my wife lived there.

If u are buying a place, u should know exactly where the ns expressway is..... countryside road is near expressway.

One thing bad is recently the new Seletar airport has caused planes to fly overhead our estate. Not big jets but still can hear. Seems to be improving since Malaysia removed the restricted air space but it is a point to note and a risk.

NSC will be built along CTE?

Yeah I saw a military plane flew over when I was there yesterday

(edited)

Google yourself lah. I think accessibility wise Lentor has more upcoming improvements like Thomson line and nsc. Both of which are huge.

Googled info can’t beat first hand info lah Edited by Lms822

depends where you work but the air in cashew is fresher and there is more greenery there

that said, lentor not too far off seletar too.

cashew too many Microwave station if u know what I mean 

hahahah....

my hantu kaki nearby leh...a;ll at bukit panjang area there...@soya say one

not military plane lah... If military plane, then probably not seletar airport.

Seletar airport now is open for commercial traffic. When malaysia not happy, all planes land from south so that time, every night can hear a few.

Now after malaysia open their air space, I don't hear any plane on most nights.

But it is not loud as usually the plane is the small kind. I can't hear anything in my bedroom (casement windows) with aircon on.

My downstairs computer room has sliding windows so the noise isolation is poor. That room can hear.

FireFly planes then

Microwave station as in tinny station?

you go Lentor, there have another one microwave but since the area is spread out, not too bad ahahaha

you go Lentor, there have another one microwave but since the area is spread out, not too bad ahahaha

Lentor for me. Its near AMK and you have 8 hawker centers, wet markets. Its also near some good school like st nicholas though not 1km zone.

There is another hawker center along Upper Thomson near Pierce Reservoir.

Turbocharged

Lentor for me. Its near AMK and you have 8 hawker centers, wet markets. Its also near some good school like st nicholas though not 1km zone.

There is another hawker center along Upper Thomson near Pierce Reservoir.

I am quite surprised that TS is looking between lentor and Cashew which are so far apart. It is hard to find someone how is familiar in both estates to do a fair comparison. 

To me, the family and school factor trumps everything. I was planning to send my kid to Rosyth because we are old boy/girl. Also needs to be close to in laws to take care of kids. 

Is 1700 psf reasonable for a 999?

I'm guessing you are referring to this?

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/21635721/for-sale-cashew-crescent

1700 psf sounds rather ex.. Lentor prices are around 1300 psf.

If you can only spend under 3 mil, there are still choices.

Don't forget you need another war chest of about 3-400k for reno / fittings etc. These places aren't in move in condition. 

Also, the land area is only 1616 sq ft. Your resale value is mainly dependant on the land plot size, so there's not a lot of upside, especially if you pay such a high price.

560m walk to an MRT is good though, and the roads here are wider than those around the Countryside. 

If you aren't particular, also consider the West Coast area around Pasir Panjang MRT. There's a hawker centre, Vivo is two stops away, it's quiet and the potential upside from the Greater Southern Waterfront. And since you can fork out 1700 psf, you can definitely find something here too.

But hey, why use a forum to solicit opinions? Surely you, and your wife, plus your agent would have shortlisted some areas? Her opinion will be vital...

If it is 2.9M, interest alone (assuming 2.7%) 6.5K a month.

Can use 3.5K - 4.5K to rent a bigger semi-D (try each estate for a year) and save the remaining 2-3K or use it to get a nice car.

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/21578677/for-rent-begonia-drive-semi-d-for-rent

Prices aren't going anywhere.  Maybe you can even find a good bargain at auctions:

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/mortgagee-listings-hit-new-high-on-loan-rate-hikes-weak-rentals

Edited by Volvobrick

Ouch. Reading these comments made me feel bad about living in Cashew lol.

I personally have not encountered any bad traffic jams in the morning or after work.

Anyway I thought that place was fairly cheap and can get decent sized detached or bungalows without breaking the bank. Lots of space for big gardens and for my kids to run around too.

↡ Advertisement