Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

I totally agree bro

I think all of us have shared as much as we can.

Is it possible to get all these at the 3 mil mark ?

Yes but TS needs to do his own homework. No one is an agent here but will everyone simply share the best deal here? Maybe they will buy it for themselves already.

I think I’ve done what I can and I’m certainly not looking to be paid. But without recce and A LOT of it - one year is not long, you may not find that unit.

Especially this late after prices have increased. Move in condition for 3m? LH maybe..

But as I suspected, like the car threads, TS has more ammo and can go higher. Otherwise he won’t venture into B Timah la

;)

Luxus hills > 3mio and move in condition can get.

Springside also have, but also > 3mio I think.

↡ Advertisement

A bit true, but some neighbours dont really come and go, they stay there ''forever''. Esp bad neighbours.  [laugh]  House in a lousy spot, actually this can be avoided. Cause it is the choice of the buyer to buy that house lo, buyer should be aware of the lousy spot, can dont buy de. However for bad neighbours, you never able get to know until you have move into your house.  [sweatdrop]

I wonder even before there is MRT in toh tuck area, that area already quite ex, dont know why?!

Because this district has got very few Landed compare to say D19/D28/D26. Also plus point is, it is just outside Bukit Timah.. So when people ask where do you stay, they always say Upper Bukit Timah (sounds good mah). There is a project dear Toh Tuck (kismis something), the inter is asking for about 4 mio liao if I recall correctly. Scary..

So if you really need to stay in Toh Tuck area like Lala81's friend, really have to pay a premium. As I work in town, i think this area is much further than D19 Kovan area. So I chose Kovan during that time, but would have make even more money had I chosen Toh Tuck. Demand and Supply

many factors can be confusing - i share my thoughts :-)

Know budget limits

aim decided areas - work, school, parents etc

Then decide on deal breakers- for me, house must be:

1) quiet, no t junction

2) must park 1 car outside easily

3) walk to mrt - i accept up to 550m

And best around 1800 sq feet (too small not nice) and corner terrace at least (not deal breaker though)

means i am willing to accept - very poor condition of house. 

Don't have- just wait for right one. Otherwise - better off in hdb/condo. 

as you earn, you have money for home improvement - but buy wrong location now - more ex as sale not easy, harder to rent out and buy in may be higher down the road. 

when we say walking distance to MRT, how to definate that distance? 250m, 500m or 850m?

For me walking distance should be less than 7 mins. Anything more consider is far but some people would still find if can walk to MRT in less than 15 mins is consider walking distance to MRT.

Because this district has got very few Landed compare to say D19/D28/D26. Also plus point is, it is just outside Bukit Timah.. So when people ask where do you stay, they always say Upper Bukit Timah (sounds good mah). There is a project dear Toh Tuck (kismis something), the inter is asking for about 4 mio liao if I recall correctly. Scary..

So if you really need to stay in Toh Tuck area like Lala81's friend, really have to pay a premium. As I work in town, i think this area is much further than D19 Kovan area. So I chose Kovan during that time, but would have make even more money had I chosen Toh Tuck. Demand and Supply

Must see which part of town you are going, with the MRT in Toh Tuck area, going to town also quite near. Anyway, whether private or hdb, the whole toh tuck/toh yi area are ex.

Depends, market rate about 250 to 300 for moderate materials. Mine is $270 excluding cabinetry, but with lift, no pool. My built up will be 4950 sf

$270 sounds about right. My first house I built for own stay is like only $190 psf and that was like 2006 or 2007. 

Reason for the escalating cost are fees and fees, levies, labours. Actually, material went up not as much as compare to labours/fees etc.

For eg, lift price has drop quite a bit compare to the past. Marble price seems to be cheaper than in 2007 period. Sand, Concrete and steel though have increase, is not as scary.

Another factor is piling. In the past, Piling requirement are not so stringent. Now it is like almost every project u need piling and when got piling, need this engineer and that engineer. All $$$, so heartache. Piling is like about >$100k and that does not include engineering fees.

Partly all the fees we are paying is because people like to complaint to BCA and scold BCA why never do this and that and must ensure this and that. So for every complaint, a new requirement comes in. To BCA, they are just gathering the feedback and doing their job mah. At the end of the road, who bares the cost? So next time want to complaint better think twice.

[laugh]

Edited by grandis123

Actually, your criteria is not that hard to fulfill, except the walking distance to amenities and low traffic thing is pretty contradictory. So your walking distance must be quite a distance.

10-15km actually covers a lot. Lentor driving distance to City hallis 14.9km.. Just fit criteria, heng ah.

My walking distance means within 7 mins, max max 10mins

Low traffic means basically my kids can play on the road in front of my house and i dont queue up more than 2mins to drive in or drive out of my estate.t

I am about 10km from city center.

Takes me 15-20 min max to drive to orchard road during normal office hours

Lentor is already a bit off for me.

But it has its charm too

As said, one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

You song can already.

Ps. Above is all imaginary, i live in Punggol HdB in reality

Edited by Throttle2

Twincharged

Toh Tuch area is very ex. You pay for a Inter Terrace price in Toh Tuck, you almost can get a corner and pay a bit more, can get a semi-D in D19/D28. I know i used to have projects in all the district. Now winding down liao.

toh tuck is a long road. close to Jurong kechil or close to the bukit batok side, makes a diff to amenities.

A bit true, but some neighbours dont really come and go, they stay there ''forever''. Esp bad neighbours. [laugh] House in a lousy spot, actually this can be avoided. Cause it is the choice of the buyer to buy that house lo, buyer should be aware of the lousy spot, can dont buy de. However for bad neighbours, you never able get to know until you have move into your house. [sweatdrop]

I wonder even before there is MRT in toh tuck area, that area already quite ex, dont know why?!

I will never attempt to control, what i have no control over.

Good neighbor move out, become bad

Bad neighbor move out become good.

No within my control.

But just be a good neighbor that is within my control

Twincharged

toh tuck good meh? shitty traffic getting out to the city in the morning.

Actually, your criteria is not that hard to fulfill, except the walking distance to amenities and low traffic thing is pretty contradictory. So your walking distance must be quite a distance.

10-15km actually covers a lot. Lentor driving distance to City hallis 14.9km.. Just fit criteria, heng ah.

NOt contradictory

It is highly dependant on how an estate is connected

For example inside Serangoon Gardens

To me it is horrible.

Go in and out takes a long time

If you stay at the good part of the estate, you are dar away from everythibg

Walk time too far

Drive too short and poor parking

But just outside Serangoon Gardens for example alnwick road, its not too bad.

Thats just example,

My place is definitely much better hands down.

My walking distance means within 7 mins, max max 10mins

Low traffic means basically my kids can play on the road in front of my house and i dont queue up more than 2mins to drive in or drive out of my estate.t

I am about 10km from city center.

Takes me 15-20 min max to drive to orchard road during normal office hours

Lentor is already a bit off for me.

But it has its charm too

As said, one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

You song can already.

Ps. Above is all imaginary, i live in Punggol HdB in reality

Traffic in an area is very important, some places even though the distance from the area to city centre is short, but the time taken to travel takes up a long time. Example in balestier area, distance to city centre is less than 10km, but the drive could take at least 20-30 mins during the peak hours to drive from city centre back to balestier.  [dizzy]

• Praise 1

Traffic in an area is very important, some places even though the distance from the area to city centre is short, but the time taken to travel takes up a long time. Example in balestier area, distance to city centre is less than 10km, but the drive could take at least 20-30 mins during the peak hours to drive from city centre back to balestier. [dizzy]

Exactly that.

if today someone offered me $7.5mil for my place, i will consider for half an hour

Turbocharged

Everybody should declare where their estate is so we know who are the experts.

Me Lentor

Grandis kovan

Rest leh? Good to know first hand accounts of living in each estates. I mean after all those time spent looking and the decision made in the end.

Edited by Wind30

Don't forgot bro..

It's move in, plus near MRT, good amenities, and near CBD... And under 3mil... 

I'm not able to see any on the market right now.

Old homes, small land area, far out or less than ideal locations... possible. 

Me Lentor

Grandis kovan

Rest leh? Good to know first hand accounts of living in each estates. I mean after all those time spent looking and the decision made in the end.

Me very near Kovan

Lexus land plot quite small, the roads around the estate are very narrow. crowded and cramp place.

Twincharged

Traffic in an area is very important, some places even though the distance from the area to city centre is short, but the time taken to travel takes up a long time. Example in balestier area, distance to city centre is less than 10km, but the drive could take at least 20-30 mins during the peak hours to drive from city centre back to balestier. [dizzy]

Again depends where you are on balestier road. It’s a long road.

Me Lentor

Grandis kovan

Am at Seletar Hills/YCK

↡ Advertisement