Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

As mentioned in the topic title, which place is the better choice in term of:

1. Privilege

2. Capital appreciation

3. Accessibility

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cashew better transportation I think with Downtown line). Lentor environment is more laid back and more green (until they start more development). Capital appreciation as a percentage probably will be the same. Both half ulu.

With the new TEL coming out, Lentor will be as accessible as Cashew if not better.

Aren't they far from each other? Which is more convenient for u.

Both locations work for me.

Twincharged

Lentor feel better access and better surrounding

agreed. Cashew near bukit panjang is a truly jam crap area. limited access roads out of there. only BKE and upper bukit timah road. unless one travels to jurong  or woodlands. its a no no location for me.

with Lentor you have many more access roads out of the area

agreed. Cashew near bukit panjang is a truly jam crap area. limited access roads out of there. only BKE and upper bukit timah road. unless one travels to jurong or woodlands. its a no no location for me.

with Lentor you have many more access roads out of the area

Yes no offense but i dont like cck or bukit panjang area, esp if drive there feel so congested.

But lentor feel more exclusive and surrounded by a lot private estates hence less crowded

• Praise 2

Prestige? What privilege other than maybe need to pay higher prices to contractors the minute u mention terrace, semi-d or landed.

Just my tots. I vote for Lentor since ease of trpt is similar. Less busy and more greens, er, not vegetables species. Not sure which is more prestigious. Maybe if ID can do some magic, your house entrance can be majestically or really eye catching to make it stand out. Wow factor type.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Same same, but very different...

Lentor:

- v quiet rustic feel

- new MRT station nearby (Thomson Line)

- mostly 999 years but that's semantics

- roads are quite narrow, especially the Countryside lane

- the older units have a larger land area, the newer (under 20 yrs) units are narrow and you are really close to your neighbor - if you want to do a sound system, acoustic treatment will be vital

- check plot ratio, some can go up to 3.5 floors

- nice place for those don't need to go to the CDB

- limited schools within the vicinity 

- supermarkets - you need to drive out, and amenities are limited until you reach AMK or Yishun

- roads - CTE is a perpetual car park, and you need to weave around the estate to get out if your unit is deep in

- Upper Thomson Road will get more crowded

- resale: well there are many units around you, so mid level of desirability, i.e. buy lower, sell lower compared to CCR areas

Cashew

- older estate

- also mainly 999 years

- quiet, and near to the reserve

- Cashew MRT on the Downtown Line - better for the CBD crowd

- facilities - you also need to drive out, limited amenities within walking distance, so you need to reach Bukit Timah, Hillview areas and maybe Railmall (which has been sold)

- there's an artery road outside, and you also need to weave a bit to get out. That main road does get very busy during peak hours but PIE is not far

- schools, limited but there are some close by, whether they are desirable, that's a different thing

- plot sizes seem a little bigger, but you need to check on the psf and also the plot ratio but many may offer up to 3.5 floors

- resale, another buy lower, sell lower spot. Not one that will climb in value exponentially unless the market boils up

That's it :) 

• Praise 10

Cashew just beside GCBA with 800++ lease years to go

Lentor is FH with bigger land and built up, so lower price psf

Turbocharged

As mentioned in the topic title, which place is the better choice in term of:

1. Privilege

2. Capital appreciation

3. Accessibility

Dunno about 1 or 2 but accessibility wise Lentor wins hands down I think.

I live in lentor area for 10 years. My in laww also live there for over 30 years.

There are a lot of misinformation in some of the posts here.

YCK MRT is around 1km from my place and I walk there sometimes. New Lentor mrt is even closer so technically I have two mrt lines.

My in laws close to 70 years old, no car, walk to 628 market everyday which is also around 1km from their place. There is a public bus that runs through the estate connecting to yck mrt.

The internal roads are wide enough to park a car on each side and still let through traffic. Most importanly, in certain developments like Countryside, instead of building it to the max and ending roads in a dead end, the developer cut back quite a few units to join roads. These roads have ZERO units opening into them and are used a free parking spaces for residents. Just look at google map. I stay there for 10 years, zero parking problems. Even in chinese new year, also can find park which is amazing.

The other thing is the park/playground to unit ratio is very high for Lentor compared to places like serangoon gardens, upper thomson. I don't know why but there are a lot of park/playgrounds here....

Driving you have CTE which is not too bad plus new NS expressway.

Prestige wise one of our million dollar minister stay at Lentor :)

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

I live in lentor area for 10 years. My in laww also live there for over 30 years.

YCK MRT is around 1km from my place and I walk there sometimes. My in laws close to 70 years old, no car, walk to 628 market everyday which is also around 1km from their place.

The internal roads are wide enough to park a car on each side and still let through traffic. Most importanly, in certain developments like Countryside, instead of building it to the max and ending roads in a dead end, the developer cut back quite a few units to join roads. These roads have ZERO units opening into them and are used a free parking spaces for residents. Just look at google map. I stay there for 10 years, zero parking problems. Even in chinese new year, also can find park which is amazing.

The other thing is the park/playground to unit ratio is very high for Lentor compared to places like serangoon gardens, upper thomson. I don't know why but there are a lot of park/playgrounds here....

Driving you have CTE which is not too bad plus new NS expressway

Ns highway will be sub level viaduct so bullion Park and the few terraces near lentor Ave will be affected.

Yeah there's a lot of playgrounds/mini park inside lentor.

Springleaf.

Everyday can eat prata.

Apart from nice prata, the inner neighborhood is peaceful and quiet with a few neatly done up GCB. Only gripe is the choke point at the exit next to the EW during peak hours.

Turbocharged

Ns highway will be sub level viaduct so bullion Park and the few terraces near lentor Ave will be affected.

Yeah there's a lot of playgrounds/mini park inside lentor.

Yup don’t buy facing the new ns expressway.... years of construction...

Apart from nice prata, the inner neighborhood is peaceful and quiet with a few neatly done up GCB. Only gripe is the choke point at the exit next to the EW during peak hours.

I like the prata place. With Thomson line the accessibility goes up by a lot. Else there is literally nothing.

Lentor is at amk so there are quite a few stuff within walking distance provided your unit is not too nested in.

YCK MRT is around 1km from my place and I walk there sometimes. New Lentor mrt is even closer so technically I have two mrt lines.

My in laws close to 70 years old, no car, walk to 628 market everyday which is also around 1km from their place. There is a public bus that runs through the estate connecting to yck mrt.

Driving you have CTE which is not too bad plus new NS expressway.

Prestige wise one of our million dollar minister stay at Lentor :)

Hi do you stay at countryside? There are two transactions down in March 2019.

Yes the road and front yard of countryside are super wide. A lot of small gardens around.

depends where you work but the air in cashew is fresher and there is more greenery there

that said, lentor not too far off seletar too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1