Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

Twincharged

Bad neighbour are everywhere no matter what type of houses you stay. Even though there are management and town council in condo and hdb, but there is also very little that they can do for bad neighbour la. Maybe there is no law on dealing with bad neighbour, so these people would not scare of anyone de.

True.

But somehow with a landed you have more points of conflict in terms of parking, renovation leaks. Etc

True but not restricted to cb neighbour, sometimes lj neighbour also likes a rusty steel bar in the ass ð

Anyway good hunting.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is it true all landed houses do not have piped gas supply from City Gas, owner must use cylinder tank gas from Union Gas?

Is it true all landed houses do not have piped gas supply from City Gas, owner must use cylinder tank gas from Union Gas?

I prefer tank gas over pipe gas, feel safer

I see yellow pipes (gas) outside some landed houses. Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Depends on the area. But generally no. You can always pull a line in. Like one nut case when he rebuilt his bungalow. Bottled gas cooks better cause of the higher heat capacity.

Maybe he wanted to use a gas dryer and gas water heaters.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bad neighbour are everywhere no matter what type of houses you stay. Even though there are management and town council in condo and hdb, but there is also very little that they can do for bad neighbour la. Maybe there is no law on dealing with bad neighbour, so these people would not scare of anyone de.

Condo, the most impt neighbour is upstairs neighbour.

• Praise 2

Just throwing this question out...

Price wise aside, do you guys prefer a landed house with a pool or a lift or both over those with either? Any why so for your preference?

TIA for your insights...

• Praise 1

Price wise aside, do you guys prefer a landed house with a pool or a lift or both over those with either? Any why so for your preference?

TIA for your insights...

If have both, the best

If have lift, dig a pool is easier than putting in a lift I think

• Praise 1

I seldom see people swimming in their home pools. Usually it's too small or too cold (especially those at the side not heated up by the sun). It does add to the ambience though.

For lifts, only if you have/are old folks with leg problems. Can always leave a space during reno for lift later when can no longer climb stairs.

• Praise 1

Still on landed home parking woes. I have 2 friends whose homes are very close to HDB. One in Hougang and the other at West Coast Road. 

Both sites, residents wrote in to URA to implement paid parking along the road. Even the residents wanted to pay season parking to park on their own street. Why?

Because cars from the HDB side spilled over and parked indiscriminately. Worse still, heavy vehicles parked there overnight in an inconsiderate manner as the drivers lived nearby and looked for convenient overnight parking. 

We all know that once a big truck parks opposite your gate. You can't get out. Even if hit them while reversing, the truck wont feel a thing while our bumper or boot gets the dents.  

Moral of story : All is not good with parking in landed houses except in GCB area. 

Turbocharged

TIA for your insights...

This is very personal. For me, I don’t want a pool due to maintenance issue and it’s too small to swim. I can’t afford huge pools....

In fact, a pool is a negative ie worse than no pool as there is maintenance fees. I rather swim at my condo pool.

Same for lift. I don’t need lift... I hope, for the next 20 years...

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Still on landed home parking woes. I have 2 friends whose homes are very close to HDB. One in Hougang and the other at West Coast Road.

Both sites, residents wrote in to URA to implement paid parking along the road. Even the residents wanted to pay season parking to park on their own street. Why?

Because cars from the HDB side spilled over and parked indiscriminately. Worse still, heavy vehicles parked there overnight in an inconsiderate manner as the drivers lived nearby and looked for convenient overnight parking.

We all know that once a big truck parks opposite your gate. You can't get out. Even if hit them while reversing, the truck wont feel a thing while our bumper or boot gets the dents.

Moral of story : All is not good with parking in landed houses except in GCB area.

Wider roads landed are ok

Only 2,700 units of GCB in Spore

This is very personal. For me, I donât want a pool due to maintenance issue and itâs too small to swim. I canât afford huge pools....

In fact, a pool is a negative ie worse than no pool as there is maintenance fees. I rather swim at my condo pool.

Same for lift. I donât need lift... I hope, for the next 20 years...

You so young ar!? Edited by Lms822

Turbocharged

The last statement is wrong. There are some places with no parking issues other than gcb. U just have to look for them.

Other than the earlier examples from me and rock, older estates with Long driveway tends to have less issues. Not just because the driveways, because the owners like my in laws bought the place 30 years ago. They are not rich, so either no car or 1 car. Newer developments that cost millions tend to attract families with multiple cars

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Not really true about the pool. Maintenance cost is not cheap. And if it’s not long enough, it’s a fish pond.

Yes there's maintenance, but you can manage it yourself, really. Unless you have an Olympic sized pool.

Length? No issue

Look up "counter current".... even Olympic athletes use it

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5McZYPOUAs[/media]

Neighbours play a role, but you can shut them out.

Of course if they are really scum, that's hard..

I think there's less conflict as there's only left and right, no up and down or even idiots who burn or scratch cars..

sure there are also psychos, but they are the exception

Yes there's maintenance, but you can manage it yourself, really. Unless you have an Olympic sized pool.

Length? No issue

Look up "counter current".... even Olympic athletes use it

Neighbours play a role, but you can shut them out.

Of course if they are really scum, that's hard..

This one can be installed in bathroom, no need outdoor pool

You can pay, you can get it..

The last statement is wrong. There are some places with no parking issues other than gcb. U just have to look for them.

Other than the earlier examples from me and rock, older estates with Long driveway tends to have less issues. Not just because the driveways, because the owners like my in laws bought the place 30 years ago. They are not rich, so either no car or 1 car. Newer developments that cost millions tend to attract families with multiple cars

+1

This parking thing is over-stressed.

More than 90% of neighbours are ok. This statement may not PC but most people just want to live quiet private lives (not that those elsewhere don't). 

They also know if you start a conflict, it doesn't end well. Especially in terrace houses, where you have to see your next door daily, you tend to work things out.

That's why talking, having a house party, doing interactive things is always better than erecting barriers, fences and brick walls. And many have lived together for years and have understood each other's quirks.

In my old home, my dad asked my neighbour who was this huge tattooed chap to keep his music down as I was taking my exams, and he obliged readily.

We gave his some of our guavas and we wave at each other daily.

My other neighbour collected newspapers for us when we go overseas. Everyone in the street came when my dad passed. 

This one can be installed in bathroom, no need outdoor pool

• Praise 1

You are right. There are less landed enclaves with no parking woes for now. I am in one now, albeit my high rise is nestled among the bigger landed in Holland Road vicinity. Most of landed house residents park inside as have space for 5 cars. The road side parking is taken up by condo dwellers whose third cars are forced to park outside.

Long driveway homes are a double-edged sword. Have to check URA the zoning laws and hope they do not change. My first house 30 years ago was in an area populated by bungalows and long driveways when I bought. Subsequently, zoning changed to allow 4 storey condos to be built in place of terrace and bungalows. The owners sold out as price soared overnight. From a home with like you say, one or two cars parked inside, became a condo with 60 cars. The access road could not be widened, and cars from the condo spilled onto the other small roads around the condo. 

In the end its do your homework and caveat emptor     

↡ Advertisement