Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

You are right. There are less landed enclaves with no parking woes for now. I am in one now, albeit my high rise is nestled among the bigger landed in Holland Road vicinity. Most of landed house residents park inside as have space for 5 cars. The road side parking is taken up by condo dwellers whose third cars are forced to park outside.

Long driveway homes are a double-edged sword. Have to check URA the zoning laws and hope they do not change. My first house 30 years ago was in an area populated by bungalows and long driveways when I bought. Subsequently, zoning changed to allow 4 storey condos to be built in place of terrace and bungalows. The owners sold out as price soared overnight. From a home with like you say, one or two cars parked inside, became a condo with 60 cars. The access road could not be widened, and cars from the condo spilled onto the other small roads around the condo.

In the end its do your homework and caveat emptor

Yeah like those townhouse projects at west coast ex bungalow lands

+1

This parking thing is over-stressed.

More than 90% of neighbours are ok. This statement may not PC but most people just want to live quiet private lives (not that those elsewhere don't).

They also know if you start a conflict, it doesn't end well. Especially in terrace houses, where you have to see your next door daily, you tend to work things out.

That's why talking, having a house party, doing interactive things is always better than erecting barriers, fences and brick walls. And many have lived together for years and have understood each other's quirks.

In my old home, my dad asked my neighbour who was this huge tattooed chap to keep his music down as I was taking my exams, and he obliged readily.

We gave his some of our guavas and we wave at each other daily.

My other neighbour collected newspapers for us when we go overseas. Everyone in the street came when my dad passed.

Remember, what money can solve, it's a good thing, so have your cash stash before you begin your project.

One house with one or two cars is reasonable, the issue starts when one house has more than two cars and park wherever they like inconsiderably
↡ Advertisement

Just throwing this question out...

Price wise aside, do you guys prefer a landed house with a pool or a lift or both over those with either? Any why so for your preference?

TIA for your insights...

My bad. Should have been more specific...

Dip pool that is. Not sizeable ones...

Twincharged

I dislike parking outside. The cars get very hot and dirty fairly quickly.

For some. The cars inside are the nice ones, those parked outside are their daily beaters.
  • Praise 1

My bad. Should have been more specific...

Dip pool that is. Not sizeable ones...

Both lifts and pools require some maintenance. 

A pool can cost upwards of 50k, and a lift twice that. 

As for maintenance, the lift costs 7k up a year, and the pool about half that. YMMV.

If you have kids, or you like swimming, it's a big plus. If you did it for showoff reason, or merely to 'increase value' it can become a white elephant. To each his own...

But anyway, not everyone can make one, especially in an intermediate terrace. 

There can be a whole thread on pools, type, pro and cons etc... but the question is whether TS is going to consider one - this is like add a spoiler... get the car first and talk about this later...

You need a minimum of 10m, or it will be a fancy koi pond. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes, the unit I viewed also rear viewed west coast highway

how big is this townhouse?

The odd shape semi d i viewed around 3m with 3000sq, 4 big rooms which can fit king size bed.

3 brm + smaller maid room just below 2400sqf

Twincharged

Both lifts and pools require some maintenance.

A pool can cost upwards of 50k, and a lift twice that.

As for maintenance, the lift costs 7k up a year, and the pool about half that. YMMV.

If you have kids, or you like swimming, it's a big plus. If you did it for showoff reason, or merely to 'increase value' it can become a white elephant. To each his own...

But anyway, not everyone can make one, especially in an intermediate terrace.

There can be a whole thread on pools, type, pro and cons etc... but the question is whether TS is going to consider one - this is like add a spoiler... get the car first and talk about this later...

You need a minimum of 10m, or it will be a fancy koi pond.

My uncle added a lap pool at the side of his semiD, used maybe for a year and then it’s now a water feature for the last 15years. 5kids in the family, but hardly used.

Turbocharged

My uncle added a lap pool at the side of his semiD, used maybe for a year and then it’s now a water feature for the last 15years. 5kids in the family, but hardly used.

For my case is the small garden in front of my place. My Wife wants to tile it when we were renovating. She lived in landed for many years while it’s first time I had a garden. I insisted on keeping the garden,

Two years later we tiled it...

Twincharged

For my case is the small garden in front of my place. My Wife wants to tile it when we were renovating. She lived in landed for many years while itâs first time I had a garden. I insisted on keeping the garden,

Hahah. Ya. Like with most things. Starts off with a Big Bang of interest. Later on sian by half and start to be neglected.

For my case is the small garden in front of my place. My Wife wants to tile it when we were renovating. She lived in landed for many years while itâs first time I had a garden. I insisted on keeping the garden,

Very true, I tiled my first terrace house small garden too, but now getting much older would prefer a small well manicured garden space.

Turbocharged

Very true, I tiled my first terrace house small garden too, but now getting much older would prefer a small well manicured garden space.

My direct opp neighbour is a retired couple, kids overseas. Their corner unit has a big garden, very nicely done. Nice view for me. Give me fruits from their garden sometimes.

Retired then got time for gardening.

Pasir Panjang Road unit, nice and big built up but too noisy

Viewed one last week, small, old and expensive compared to Lentorâs

I donât prefer 3 storey after yesterday viewing, getting old...

Please share LTA reply ðð¼

You may want to consider more than 2 storey, you can leave your third floor unused but at least it helps to shield the heat from the roof so that your 2nd floor can be more cooling in the day.

My small garden quite messy, I have no green fingers, even grass also difficult to survive. Haha. Edited by Ct3833

You may want to consider more than 2 storey, you can leave your third floor unused but at least it helps to shield the heat from the roof so that your 2nd floor can be more cooling in the day.

My small garden quite messy, I have no green fingers, even grass also difficult to survive. Haha.

Really breathless to climb up and down

Mid week holiday. You should see more places.

Since all you want is the 3mil and MRT there are many places to see. Ask your agent to arrange.

Twincharged

My small garden quite messy, I have no green fingers, even grass also difficult to survive. Haha.

Haha. True about the top floor being hot. Why not put those metal vanes to vent the heat from the roof. Edited by Mkl22

Since all you want is the 3mil and MRT there are many places to see. Ask your agent to arrange.

Viewing another one at Lentor

No other shortlisted yet

Turbocharged

He also want good environment what.

Lentor has 9 playgrounds/Parks. Never understood why there is so many but makes the surroundings less built up, nice to jog.

Used to have some very nice old trees and the government chopped all of them down after the death of someone due to falling tree a few years back. So sad.

Turbocharged

Haha. True about the top floor being hot. Why not put those metal vanes to vent the heat from the roof.

My TOP floor is not really hot... did u have a roof Top terrace? I thought there is lots of insulation and air space in the roof itself.

↡ Advertisement