Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

I actually interested in this unit and contacted the agent but not near to MRT

Mai lah, not nice. Very half past six. Neither here nor there.

Muayhahahahahahaha

As mentioned in the topic title, which place is the better choice in term of:

1. Privilege

2. Capital appreciation

3. Accessibility

I have stayed in HDB near Lentor and Kovan, now like T2, I am staying at Punggol Field.

Kovan is the better of the 2 due to promity to MRT, many many F&B outlets/ food market and it is a short drive to KPE via Tampines Road (agree traffic is bad during peak hours on Upp Serangoon Road) but finding a good landed with a layout you like is time consuming as it is an older estate with very few uniform developments but there are very good ones out there. The last house hunt took us more than 9 months. Parking is usually bad.

Lentor is very quiet and spaced out and kids can run free outside as it is a "cul de sac" estate but if you drive to work, CTE is expensive and a bloody pain during peak hours, the new expressway should help. Some landed in Kovan can walk to MRT/ Kovan food market but Lentor is a little far to walk in SG weather (I never once walk to the 628 market) but the new MRT line will certainly help. Lentor has more uniform developments (Lentor Villas, Countryside, Melody, Fudu) so if you like a particular design, just wait for next one to come into market. Banyan is particularly nice but land parcel is smaller generally.

As a NE person, Lentor is of course better than Cashew. With new expressway and MRT line akan datang, confirm better lah.

Good luck to your househunt.

• Praise 3

I have stayed in HDB near Lentor and Kovan, now like T2, I am staying at Punggol Field.

Kovan is the better of the 2 due to promity to MRT, many many F&B outlets/ food market and it is a short drive to KPE via Tampines Road (agree traffic is bad during peak hours on Upp Serangoon Road) but finding a good landed with a layout you like is time consuming as it is an older estate with very few uniform developments but there are very good ones out there. The last house hunt took us more than 9 months. Parking is usually bad.

Lentor is very quiet and spaced out and kids can run free outside as it is a "cul de sac" estate but if you drive to work, CTE is expensive and a bloody pain during peak hours, the new expressway should help. Some landed in Kovan can walk to MRT/ Kovan food market but Lentor is a little far to walk in SG weather (I never once walk to the 628 market) but the new MRT line will certainly help. Lentor has more uniform developments (Lentor Villas, Countryside, Melody, Fudu) so if you like a particular design, just wait for next one to come into market. Banyan is particularly nice but land parcel is smaller generally.

As a NE person, Lentor is of course better than Cashew. With new expressway and MRT line akan datang, confirm better lah.

Thanks for info and tips
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Yeah Bukit Timah need at least 4m for a land size of 1600sqf

try upper bukit timah and Choa Chu Kang area. A tad cheaper. But you do pay for what you get.

You do woodlands if u dont depends on MRT and u get even cheaper

Turbocharged
(edited)

No hdb very near Lentor... nearest hdb to Lentor is 628 market area.

I don’t understand why people don’t just say plainly where everyone stays or stayed. makes communication so much easier and we know where one’s reference is. Especially like many people mentioned every estate is pretty big, big variation even in Lentor or Kovan. Kovan esp is huge.

I think a lot depends on how nested your place is the estate. I have walked like 5 times to 628 market in 10 years, partly because I have a car and my place is further from the market. My in laws are 70 years old and without a car. They walk there Everyday... helps that they stay in president gardens which is the closest development to the market.

I am surprised people say the road traffic is better at Kovan than Lentor. Lentor more expensive yes to drive as cte erp is high, but I think getting to expressway from Kovan is more of a pain. I used to work at taiseng 10 years back and hated driving home Everyday through the traffic near Kovan. But I know traffic situation changes depending on what works are done or new developments so I don’t comment now.

Kovan mrt is closer than yck mrt though. But with the new Lentor mrt, It’s probably even on mrt side.

Edited by Wind30

No hdb very near Lentor... nearest hdb to Lentor is 628 market area.

I donât understand why people donât just say plainly where everyone stays or stayed. makes communication so much easier and we know where oneâs reference is. Especially like many people mentioned every estate is pretty big, big variation even in Lentor or Kovan. Kovan esp is huge.

I think a lot depends on how nested your place is the estate. I have walked like 5 times to 628 market in 10 years, partly because I have a car and my place is further from the market. My in laws are 70 years old and without a car. They walk there Everyday... helps that they stay in president gardens which is the closest development to the market.

I am surprised people say the road traffic is better at Kovan than Lentor. Lentor more expensive yes to drive as cte erp is high, but I think getting to expressway from Kovan is more of a pain.

Just to clarify, Lentor traffic is better than Kovan but Kovan is near to where i need to be everyday.

Supersonic

Lucky you, I am 12 years late ð

Better late than sorry.

actually I am not sure why people say the price is rising. I was in the market for a resale condo 2018 Oct and the market was definitely falling and it was a buyers market. No way I would have bought if the price is not lower than the last transacted.

The price is rising only for new condos, if I will to buy a condo now, I would rather buy a resale FH or 999 condo , it will be cheaper than new one around the same area, the saving is more than enough for Reno plus some spare saving.

Twincharged

I notice that if up the budget to 3.5m, there are more suitable units!

3.5m also approaching semi D, depends on your needs. A 3 storey terrace or a smaller 2 storey semi D. The 3.5-4m lines between the 2 are less distinct.

(edited)

3.5m also approaching semi D, depends on your needs. A 3 storey terrace or a smaller 2 storey semi D. The 3.5-4m lines between the 2 are less distinct.

Looking at Faber Green and PP Drive too Edited by Lms822
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Looking at Faber Green and PP Drive too

Just FYI. If I remember correctly, According to my parents faber area was a former land fill. His cousin had a bungalow there which needed to be treated for termites a few times. But this was about 30years back Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Just FYI. If I remember correctly, According to my parents faber area was a former land fill. His cousin had a bungalow there which needed to be treated for termites. But this was about 30years back

Ok thanks

Turbocharged
(edited)

When I bought my place, I am Glad we narrowed it down to near our parents place.

In the end, we chose an estate which my Wife grew up in. So there is basically no surprises...

I think good bad factors is all ok as long as you know about it before buying. Just buy a place u are familiar comfortable with.

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement