Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

Will you consider a cul de sac  better or worse bro?

for landed i think it is better, because less car movement, more privacy. 

↡ Advertisement

very informative, thanks a lot!  are you an agent?  [laugh]

I looking at below 3mil landed, not that I can afford 1700 psf.  :grin:

the two areas you mentioned could find slightly below 3m but too far below wont be in decent move in condition. in fact most 2.5 m below will not be in move in condition without a major reno. You should  get as many agents as possible and pass them your requirement, they will feed you with rubbish selection but at least you can filter it yourself accordingly.  There is no need to entertain every offer for viewing, but the more you view the more you will be familiar with landed.

Another thing that is very impt is neighbour. Might not be so obvious as u think neighbour can change.... in my estate, both my in-laws place and my place, our closest 4 neighbours has not changed in the past 10 years ever since I moved in.

I did not checked out my 2 next door neighbour before buying but they turned out to be the quiet sort. No teenage kids, no parties, small family. No parking quarrels. To be frank another part of countryside has a neighbour quarrel that went on newspaper many years back....

But we are also model resident. Always park in garage. Small family, Super quiet, Super clean.

I agree. This is often overlooked or undermined.

A friend shared how he bot a house near Upp Thomson a few years back. Did not see neighbours when viewed house twice. Seemed quiet at both times.

Moved in. Got a shock when human faeces thrown over a common wall into car pouch area. This takes place a few times a week. Went over to confront. Old lady very fierce, say my friend and wifey too noisy, disturbed her sleep etc. Their bedroom is not near the entrance ya.

Friend and wifey only occupants in house. No kids then. Go out early to work, come home late. No lion dance type of noise. They so tired, just shower and then go sleep, he say what noise?

Then knives of all sizes hung from neighbour's side greeted them one morning. Really alot of knives.

They waited and saw a man who looked like that woman's son. Asked him why throw faeces over and hang knives. Answer? Not happy, move out.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 5

TS If you have narrowed down to only these two areas , you might have difficulties finding what you want. Some of the basic landed considerations are layout, interior, land size, build up, facing , rooms , toilets , whether cul de sac or other preference etc, more challenging is if you have certain budget. Unless you have the time and financial power to rebuild, otherwise be prepared to spend up to a year or more to find one that you like. the other consideration, if you find a unit that you like, likelihood many other potential buyers would be eyeing as well, so when you find what you like, dont procrastinate for too long before the unit is gone.  sharing my experience.  good luck. 

Yep

- sun direction

- developer matters too

- neighbours

- visit the location at different times - if you go over a weekend it's usually quiet and the traffic is light

- amenities eg market, food places, 24 grocer, petrol station, postbox

- near work

- near polyclinic or GP

- MRT, bus etc to work

- wind

- the interior of the place, can you salvage the parquet floor for example

- plot ratio and GFA

- zoning and potential developments of the area

- cul de sac 

- land size, is it square or narrow, can you expand the built up area? (remember to account for set back if you do more than A&A)

- TV reception

- is there a fibre / home line (will cost $288 to run a new fibre line for example)

- soil analysis - is it reclaim land

- fengshui : water, wind and mountains etc

- at a junction

- noise level in the neighbourhood

- any new developments - renovations or reconstruction can continue for years around the place

- is there going to be enbloc or a new road running through the area

- if the homes near you are going to be replaced by flats, the roads can be much busier

- parking

- flooding / ponding

- any religious building around you eg illegal parking during peak periods and noise levels 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 2

Yep

- sun direction

- developer matters too

- neighbours

- visit the location at different times - if you go over a weekend it's usually quiet and the traffic is light

- near work

- near polyclinic or GP

- MRT, bus etc to work

- wind

- plot ratio and GFA

- cul de sac

- land size, is it square or narrow, can you expand the built up area? (remember to account for set back if you do more than A&A)

- TV reception

- is there a fibre / home line (will cost $288 to run a new fibre line for example)

- at a junction

- any new developments - renovations or reconstruction can continue for years around the place

- if the homes near you are going to be replaced by flats, the roads can be much busier

- parking

- flooding / ponding

- any religious building around you eg illegal parking during peak periods and noise levels

师父大人万岁,万万岁!when I strike toto , before I upgrade my house I will ask for your help.

Good stuff.

Edited by Ct3833

Don’t forget to check for termites and mossies.

How windy and well ventilated the place is.

How wide is your lane and even the type of roof and tiles used.

Bring a builder along to give you an idea of renovation costs..

• Praise 1

Good list, just when everything OK the price would likely not OK!   :TT_TT:

Just to add :

Potential land slide bo....

Too near eateries (with all the parking issues)

Yep

- sun direction

- developer matters too

- neighbours

- near work

- near polyclinic or GP

- MRT, bus etc to work

- wind

- plot ratio and GFA

- cul de sac 

- TV reception

- at a junction

- parking

- flooding / ponding

• Praise 5

Any piped in gas...

Any retaining wall, and is it near a 24 hour gas station - noise and fumes

Close to electrical plant or substation.

• Praise 1

the two areas you mentioned could find slightly below 3m but too far below wont be in decent move in condition. in fact most 2.5 m below will not be in move in condition without a major reno. You should get as many agents as possible and pass them your requirement, they will feed you with rubbish selection but at least you can filter it yourself accordingly. There is no need to entertain every offer for viewing, but the more you view the more you will be familiar with landed.

Thanks for advice

Yep

- sun direction

- developer matters too

- neighbours

- near work

- near polyclinic or GP

- MRT, bus etc to work

- wind

- plot ratio and GFA

- cul de sac

- TV reception

- at a junction

- parking

- flooding / ponding

Practical

Twincharged

sometimes it is also about seizing the opportunity.

our best buys were those made after the first viewing.

first impressions are important.

of course due diligence ought to be done.

Edited by sake
  • Praise 3

hahahah....

my hantu kaki nearby leh...a;ll at bukit panjang area there...@soya say one

I nearby u as well.. my even worst.. near the one wrong move and "kaboom" area

looking for your perfect home is a happy problem. Mine search was 30 years ago. Just to share, I see everything on offer even those above budget. Without knowing what is above or below, you never know it is a good deal.

Ultimately, I have always planned to renovate to meet my own needs. So a run down house is always preferred. Why? I don't want to pay for renovation done that I need to tear down again. The savings will go to renovating to what I need. Good luck to those searching.  [;)]

sometimes it is also about seizing the opportunity.

our best buys were those made after the first viewing.

first impressions are important.

of course due diligence ought to be done.

Yep

That’s why I said do the financials first. Make sure you have a loan approved in principle and also enough cash for the renovations with a 20 percent buffer.

Then bring the check book for every viewing.

I lost one unit because we had decision paralysis. Kenna potong by an agent who slipped in an offer

• Praise 2

I agree. This is often overlooked or undermined.

A friend shared how he bot a house near Upp Thomson a few years back. Did not see neighbours when viewed house twice. Seemed quiet at both times.

Moved in. Got a shock when human faeces thrown over a common wall into car pouch area. This takes place a few times a week. Went over to confront. Old lady very fierce, say my friend and wifey too noisy, disturbed her sleep etc. Their bedroom is not near the entrance ya.

Friend and wifey only occupants in house. No kids then. Go out early to work, come home late. No lion dance type of noise. They so tired, just shower and then go sleep, he say what noise?

Then knives of all sizes hung from neighbour's side greeted them one morning. Really alot of knives.

They waited and saw a man who looked like that woman's son. Asked him why throw faeces over and hang knives. Answer? Not happy, move out.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Any piped in gas...

Any retaining wall, and is it near a 24 hour gas station - noise and fumes

Close to electrical plant or substation.

Also near forested area boh! My friend ever caught a big python inside his house in bukit timah...

• Praise 1

Also near forested area boh! My friend ever caught a big python inside his house in bukit timah...ð

It's cooler to have forest nearby. Quieter too.
  • Praise 3

looking for your perfect home is a happy problem. Mine search was 30 years ago. Just to share, I see everything on offer even those above budget. Without knowing what is above or below, you never know it is a good deal.

Ultimately, I have always planned to renovate to meet my own needs. So a run down house is always preferred. Why? I don't want to pay for renovation done that I need to tear down again. The savings will go to renovating to what I need. Good luck to those searching.  [;)]

wow, at such a young age!

where are you about now?

↡ Advertisement