Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

Those way above his budget of 3M leh....

5M can buy very nice units.

Just like those threads soliciting opinions on cars.. one can go from Elantra to C class in a jiffy..

Besides, investing in property is a far wiser proposition;)

And you can see what a few more dollars buys.

Sometimes scrimping too low can lead to compromises that you regret.

And reality bites. Say one is barely able to squeeze 2 mil together and can’t afford renovations etc it’s better not to push so hard.

You need 4mil in the war chest. In case of emergency and for other costs.

Btw don’t pay 3mil for someone’s ten year old renovation that the owner put a higher than realistic valuation on. Better to buy really old. Pay for the land.

Someone’s idea of style could be your idea of a dump.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This is 100% my personal view and speaking from experience. If you are particular about parking, and own multiple cars, do visit your intended home late in the night to gauge parking situation.

These days with high-cost of houses and multi-generational homes, there is high chance that many landed homes will have more than 1 car. Some houses may even have 3 or more cars, and none parked within their compound. Where I am leading too is cars parked along both sides of a narrow road in an estate. Sometimes directly opposite your gate so getting car out is an issue. Whenever I visit friends at Braddell, Serangoon, West Coast and Pavilion, I have to squeeze through careful not to hit car mirrors on both sides. When I finally do find parking, it is a half lot. I even parked at rubbish sites, sub-station gates, at corners. It is the norm in those estates in the night. Best part is that there is a white line but as parking is a problem for all the residents, they just live and let live till morning comes.      

I used to live in landed except for the last 10 years. For a few reasons, I have chosen to live in a condo nowadays. No regrets at this stage in my life. One of the main reasons that made me move out of my landed was that the parking went from bad to worse. My home had 2 cars. Both me and wife will park in driveway. Trouble was my neighbours chose to park their multiple cars outside, along a small road, in order to maximize their porch space for other activities. They parked illegally and indiscriminately opposite by gate. Directly outside my gate is white line, hydrant and  a corner. Reversing in and out became a constant challenge with many near misses and minor accidents like scratched doors and bumpers. Worst case was I unintentionally hit my neighbours car door while reversing in tight space, and it caved in. He never asked for compensation knowing he was in the wrong, but I felt bad about it.    

To some, the tight parking and inevitable scratches and dents is a non-issue. To me, as one who washes and polishes my own car, it was. Hence happiness to live in a condo where there is sufficient and considerate parking.

Be aware that even if parking is now not an issue, it may be within months if the present 1 car neighbour changes to one with 4 cars and a lorry. And they choose to park most of the vehicles outside their gate. 

• Praise 6

This is 100% my personal view and speaking from experience. If you are particular about parking, and own multiple cars, do visit your intended home late in the night to gauge parking situation.

These days with high-cost of houses and multi-generational homes, there is high chance that many landed homes will have more than 1 car. Some houses may even have 3 or more cars, and none parked within their compound. Where I am leading too is cars parked along both sides of a narrow road in an estate. Sometimes directly opposite your gate so getting car out is an issue. Whenever I visit friends at Braddell, Serangoon, West Coast and Pavilion, I have to squeeze through careful not to hit car mirrors on both sides. When I finally do find parking, it is a half lot. I even parked at rubbish sites, sub-station gates, at corners. It is the norm in those estates in the night. Best part is that there is a white line but as parking is a problem for all the residents, they just live and let live till morning comes.

I used to live in landed except for the last 10 years. For a few reasons, I have chosen to live in a condo nowadays. No regrets at this stage in my life. One of the main reasons that made me move out of my landed was that the parking went from bad to worse. My home had 2 cars. Both me and wife will park in driveway. Trouble was my neighbours chose to park their multiple cars outside, along a small road, in order to maximize their porch space for other activities. They parked illegally and indiscriminately opposite by gate. Directly outside my gate is white line, hydrant and a corner. Reversing in and out became a constant challenge with many near misses and minor accidents like scratched doors and bumpers. Worst case was I unintentionally hit my neighbours car door while reversing in tight space, and it caved in. He never asked for compensation knowing he was in the wrong, but I felt bad about it.

To some, the tight parking and inevitable scratches and dents is a non-issue. To me, as one who washes and polishes my own car, it was. Hence happiness to live in a condo where there is sufficient and considerate parking.

Be aware that even if parking is now not an issue, it may be within months if the present 1 car neighbour changes to one with 4 cars and a lorry. And they choose to park most of the vehicles outside their gate.

I see you are the older version of me

Just like those threads soliciting opinions on cars.. one can go from Elantra to C class in a jiffy..

Besides, investing in property is a far wiser proposition;)

And you can see what a few more dollars buys.

Sometimes scrimping too low can lead to compromises that you regret.

And reality bites. Say one is barely able to squeeze 2 mil together and canât afford renovations etc itâs better not to push so hard.

You need 4mil in the war chest. In case of emergency and for other costs.

Btw donât pay 3mil for someoneâs ten year old renovation that the owner put a higher than realistic valuation on. Better to buy really old. Pay for the land.

Someoneâs idea of style could be your idea of a dump.

Cannot give u a like.

Yah, I will skip all the luxury in life to sacrifice for housing.. also because I got a big family so needs a lot of space... Toys for everyone of us.. especially me and my wife... But in sg u invest on property, it's like a force saving..

Turbocharged

I used to live in landed except for the last 10 years. For a few reasons, I have chosen to live in a condo nowadays. No regrets at this stage in my life. One of the main reasons that made me move out of my landed was that the parking went from bad to worse. My home had 2 cars. Both me and wife will park in driveway. Trouble was my neighbours chose to park their multiple cars outside, along a small road, in order to maximize their porch space for other activities. They parked illegally and indiscriminately opposite by gate. Directly outside my gate is white line, hydrant and a corner. Reversing in and out became a constant challenge with many near misses and minor accidents like scratched doors and bumpers. Worst case was I unintentionally hit my neighbours car door while reversing in tight space, and it caved in. He never asked for compensation knowing he was in the wrong, but I felt bad about it.

Pic from Google. Lentor countryside. One loooong road with no units opening into it. No parking issue if u live near there.

I do hate manuvering out of a crowded road, that is why we chose our current place. No parking issues, less chance of quarrels.

post-14552-0-45866300-1556346153_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

I always think bullion got chance for en bloc. Hope those owners will huat

Very unlikely . That development has maxed out its allowable plot ratio and URA is very unlikely to increase it for that area . 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Very unlikely . That development has maxed out its allowable plot ratio and URA is very unlikely to increase it for that area .

It’s maxed out? It is a very old development with open air carparks. I thought they can build many more units.

We thought it can enbloc too.

Well you have to pay $$ for that bro.. or get something so old you are only buying land. The newer ones quote PSF, that's for built up not land..

That's why it's 1700 psf if you calculate based on the land size..

BTW if you are doing a rebuild, make sure you work with your builder and neighbours. A small road - like the Countryside one, yes that 'wide' road, may not be able to take a full truck or a cement mixer coming in. And with such a long road, you need to coordinate with the entire road of owners, so they clear the road such that the truck can come in. Trust me, it's not a given nor an easy task. If a car gets scratched... be prepared for an ugly scene.

So also check that your con is registered and has insurance. One of your neighbours might own a limited Maclaren that your builder just happens to nick whilst transporting your tiles into your plot...

I'm not trying to start a 'width' war... but take a long at Mt Sinai Drive for example... it's practically a four lane road.. vs lanes in Telok Kurau, where a car can barely squeeze past if someone double parks...

So yes those newer Lanes in Lentor may allow cars to pass but there are wider roads and as usual, YMMV.

Peace out.

Exactly what I feel bro..

Take Telok Kurau again. there are many disputes and angry neighbours there as a result of the new condos sharing the same exit point as the houses.

Take Frankel Ave, now that's a wide road. Even when you park on the sides, there's enough space. Don't take it for grant. View that place at various times of the day, check out the streets next to eat, and as others have said, if there are eateries around it, will there be a lot of illegal parking.

Good and valid points

at nite got alot of monkey or not ?   :D

Good point..

There are two places I will avoid.. the last few lanes along Old Upper Thomson Road and Hindhede Road.

These two places are plagued by monkeys. And each generation is more emboldened than the older..

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Some well connected places with amenities nearby with some landed nearby.

Get you to town or CBD in 20 min or less

Queenstown MRT - 1800 psf and up definitely not budget area

Pasir Panjang MRT

Paya Lebar MRT

Kallang MRT

Bishan MRT - some small units in the 2 mil plus region

Macpherson MRT - small units

Lavender MRT - old shop house style

Novena MRT - not cheap

These are outside holland orchard and b timah areas.

u can add pasir panjang to not cheap category... the price increase past 3 years is crazy

u can add pasir panjang to not cheap category... the price increase past 3 years is crazy

Viewed one unit 1.2k psf, ok ler

Time for you to use the weekend and go see some places and let us know what you have found and what you bought bro..

Viewed 4 units this afternoon, one at Pasir Panjang and 3 at Lentor

Viewed 4 units this afternoon, one at Pasir Panjang and 3 at Lentor ð¤ª

I know both areas actually

Which one did you see?

1200 psf is a good price depending on where it is precisely.

Twincharged

Viewed 4 units this afternoon, one at Pasir Panjang and 3 at Lentor ð¤ª

None at cashew?
↡ Advertisement