What to look out for when signing for new car

superzhen

First time car buyer here. Planning to sign for my first car soon. Will be buying a new car at an AD.

Any brothers/sisters here can advice on what to take note of when signing for the car?

↡ Advertisement

T&C like how many COE Bids,Car Mfg Date....Interest Rates...blah blah..,can share with us What Car you are Buying.?

Intend to sign an attrage.

Car mfg date means like when the actual car was made in the factory? Should I be concern if it is old stock?

Interest rates cannot bargain right?

Nothing much. Just have to make sure your personal particulars are correct, T&C clearly stated before signing.

What usually goes wrong are ppl's unrealistic expectations vs reality. And the communications they have with the ppl involved.

And another thing is that if you are undecided for whatever reason dont waste everyone's time...dont sign. Cos once signed it's an agreement that's legally binding, changing your mind and want to get another car there will be a penalty. It's not like the auntie buying fish or vegetable in the market, undecided as to what to buy. You will be surprised there are such ppl and they have the cheek to post in a car forum to comprain.

Turbocharged

Intend to sign an attrage.

Car mfg date means like when the actual car was made in the factory? Should I be concern if it is old stock?

Interest rates cannot bargain right?

Edited by Vinceng

The agreement should state the Year of Manufacture (YOM).

It should be 2019 YOM. If it's 2018 YOM, there should be further discount.

if you had test driven the car under a Sales person, then you can't change a sales person for a month.

Rule of thumb is to shortlist a car and ask around for best deal. Some sales person can give you a better deal with more freebies if they need to hit their sales quota.

C&C Fulco Ubi is more flexible with the terms as they are the authorised dealer.

C&C Leng Kee is firm. No negotiation.

If you don't mind a used Attrage, this one month old Attrage 'Style' with body kit is a good catch at $59K (before bargaining)

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=820518&DL=1000

Save $7,000 off the price of a new Attrage (Style - with bodykit) which sell s at $67K, and there's no guarantee you will secure the COE, as this price is under non guaranteed COE

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11610

Aiyo after seeing that attrage ad make my life so much more difficult

There is no harm to view the 1 month old Attrage and go for a test drive. You are covered by the lemon law. It's a safe buy.

There's still 4 yrs 11 months warranty left on the used Attrage.

When you buy used, you are not tied down by the terms and conditions.

You can source for your cheapest insurance & loan and can sell your current car on your own and secure a higher resale value. The trade in prices quoted by C&C is an absolute insult. As good as paper value.

Buy the used one and take the $7,000 savings to pay for your road tax till the car is scrapped.

It's a direct owner sale, am I still covered by lemon law?

Turbocharged

It's a direct owner sale, am I still covered by lemon law?

Don't worry. You are covered by the 5 year warranty from C&C.

I think this car will be in a better condition than showroom or test drive cars.

And check with the owner if there's free servicing & service credits given when he made the purchase. 

Edited by Vinceng

On 4/26/2019 at 11:32 AM, Watwheels said:

Nothing much. Just have to make sure your personal particulars are correct, T&C clearly stated before signing.

Just saw this post.

OMG I remember when I bought my Avante.  I went for my first car servicing at KMC.  So I brought the log card plus servicing booklet.  The lady there kept calling me Patrick until I a bit dulan and say please call my correct name.  Then she showed me the log book. OMG the car was registered to a Patrick xxxx.

I sent a whatsapp to the SE and all he said was "oops, don't worry, just tell the counter staff, easy to change..."

I was a bit pissed but I was also one of those 'whatever lah' person so I just told the customer service person and changed on the spot.  Imagine if I never noticed or went outside for first servicing...

6 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Just saw this post.

OMG I remember when I bought my Avante.  I went for my first car servicing at KMC.  So I brought the log card plus servicing booklet.  The lady there kept calling me Patrick until I a bit dulan and say please call my correct name.  Then she showed me the log book. OMG the car was registered to a Patrick xxxx.

I sent a whatsapp to the SE and all he said was "oops, don't worry, just tell the counter staff, easy to change..."

I was a bit pissed but I was also one of those 'whatever lah' person so I just told the customer service person and changed on the spot.  Imagine if I never noticed or went outside for first servicing...

Aiyo, This kinda thing can also kok up?

• Praise 1

On 6/18/2020 at 2:22 PM, Philipkee said:

Just saw this post.

Your name in car registration with LTA correct or not?  LOL 

Buying from AD or PI ? My suggestion is to do a little bit of homework at home, make an inventory list of items that was agreed and committed to you during sales, and make sure it exists in your sales agreement. You will be surprised many things was said during sales.....

I just booked a new car and the list works for me.

1 hour ago, Bezbee said:

Your name in car registration with LTA correct or not?  LOL 

Dunno then.  You need to understand i ASSUMED the SE did everything correctly until the first servicing that I realised it.

So yes it was correct AFTER the first servicing when I checked but for the first month or so when I was driving, i am not sure...

↡ Advertisement