Jump to content
superzhen

G vs nonG COE in this current climate

Recommended Posts

Hi brothers and sisters of MCF.

 

In this current COE climate, will u recommend getting Gcoe (cat A)? Say Gcoe is only 1k more.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G is better in a COE uptrend. 1k is not much is can secure on 1st bid.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi brothers and sisters of MCF.

 

In this current COE climate, will u recommend getting Gcoe (cat A)? Say Gcoe is only 1k more.

 

If the diff is only $1k, yes, go for GCOE. 

But, need to check how many bids, else, they give you GCOE, but 24 bids  :a-confused:  [laugh]

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Depends on the distributorship.

 

For Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, all bookings made under non guaranteed COE all secured COE.

 

The profit margin for the Toyota Altis, at current COE price, is $20,000. There's sufficient margin to absorb the difference even if COE price goes up by a few thousand. Borneo Motors is even more anxious than the buyer, to secure the COE. If they fail to meet the annual sales quota set by the principal in Japan, their dealership will be revoked.

 

But if you purchase a Perodua Bezza or MYVI, where the profit margin is a mere $5,000+, obviously they don't have the financial means to absorb the difference to secure your COE.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the G(COE) is $1k more, i will go for it. Carefree and no need to worry how high the COE shoot up. Normally G(COE) is 1-3bid.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question and better answers from Vin and Law. U got to combine their replies, the amt and the track record of the distributor. Another is use GCOE in your nego with the SE.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go for G for this period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once signed under G, you most probably would hope that COE will go up :)

But take note that if car stock available, dealer could use the open catalogue secured from previous few bids which could be lower than price quoted now.

Bought my car jan2017 under G, price quoted with COE $42k, dealer used open catalogue at $45k for immediate registration. COE on log card stated $42k. So I am ok.

If using COE of lower amount, then ask if any rebates.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non g worst case deliver at 6th bid.

Deal better than no deal.

 

Unless u desperate for new car.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concur with some of the bros here. Go for gbid since the coe is going up north and is predicted to go up further after car expo and slight reduction in quotas. 1k is not a lot compared to some who have been asked to top up 3-5k

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wil go for G. Else u wil keep being pushed down the fulfilment order by new G orders.

 

Unless u buying Audi or bmw.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best is Ask for GCOE with more bids if not urgent, 6-8 bids 3-4 months is reasonable, with NO TOP UP.

 

Tell AD u not urgent and can wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for all your replies.

 

The car im looking is Mitsubishi, G and non-G COE both rated at 6 bids.

Gcoe rebate level is 29k. Non-Gcoe rebate level 22k

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guaranteed COE rebate level is a good indicator of where prices are headed.

 

In this instance, @ $29k means cat A will be at least $33k at the next big in May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the car mode variant u choose actually.

 

Hyundai gave those who bought Avante Elite Model 1st COE bidding. I think reason is because they want to clear Elite models due to not many are buying. No point park at their warehouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I will wait till May 3 to see if stock market collapse.

 

If no crash then go for the G spot.

 

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best is Ask for GCOE with more bids if not urgent, 6-8 bids 3-4 months is reasonable, with NO TOP UP.

 

Tell AD u not urgent and can wait.

Mine is gcoe 6bids. No top up. But if the coe go up 10k how? Will pi still deliver? Or can they cancel the contract?
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is gcoe 6bids. No top up. But if the coe go up 10k how? Will pi still deliver? Or can they cancel the contract?

 

If too many unprofitable deals lead to bankruptcy, PI will have to close shop.

 

To avoid this situation, the PIs (and ADs) will bid more aggressively to secure the COEs asap.

 

Hence, the next few COE tenders will be interesting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×