G vs nonG COE in this current climate

superzhen

Hypersonic

Dow drops more than 450 points at the open after China retaliates with tariff hikes

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

My SE told me that C&C will never ask their customer to top up and told me not to worry. She said COE will sure get within 6 bids. Anyways now still early as my car likely only able to collect on august. So i guess i will just wait and see.

Not true leh... just last weekend, the C&C SE tell me... for few thousand.... got for G.... cfm get..... so far never got SE tell me top up... cause will ask them fly kite.... they want your biz..... they will get it... even offering you open cat from their stock.... even got SE tell me no need go for G... sure get one.... this is how they should do biz...  [:p]

(edited)

Not true leh... just last weekend, the C&C SE tell me... for few thousand.... got for G.... cfm get..... so far never got SE tell me top up... cause will ask them fly kite.... they want your biz..... they will get it... even offering you open cat from their stock.... even got SE tell me no need go for G... sure get one.... this is how they should do biz...  [:p]

So why some SEs from the same AD will tell different things? going for G is quite obvious, sure get one. But SE telling you no need go for G? What are they trying to do? I don't understand why they advise differently. Unless the SE meant good, meaning customers no need to waste money going for G cos they sure get within the 6 bids? *confused

Edited by gamekidz

SE also never suggests u top up, don't be hero go request top up. Sit back n enjoy.

Haha. To be honest, i did act hero and request to top up for a peace of mind. I was immediately rejected. Like.. i offer to give them more money, they dont want. Quite puzzled..

Their profit margin for my car should be 40k+, from what i saw on the LTA pdf basic car cost. So i guess they are prepared to absorb the coe spike $$.

So why some SEs from the same AD will tell different things? going for G is quite obvious, sure get one. But SE telling you no need go for G? What are they trying to do? I don't understand why they advise differently. Unless the SE meant good, meaning customers no need to waste money going for G cos they sure get within the 6 bids? *confused

Hmm mine is C&C mercedes. Maybe his C&C is kia, citroen or mitsubishi?

(edited)

Hmm mine is C&C mercedes. Maybe his C&C is kia, citroen or mitsubishi?

Ya, possible. Mercedes more atas mah... so your SE wants to secure the deal, so ask you go for G lor. haha!!!

Edited by gamekidz

Turbocharged

Its how thirsty they want your biz..... if that particular model sell like hot cake, you can see most SE won't bother to push.... you don't want other people want.... if the SE hungry to close sale or push out slow moving model.... won't be surprise you u get your ride the following week......  [:p] 

Many years back they even buy snacks buy cake go your house let you sign the paper.... now most SE don't think do that...  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For me, my 5th bid last wed was unsuccessful. Booked my cat b SUV with C&C in early March, nonG - COE was then around 35k++. So annoying, missed the mark by just a few dollars on my last 2 bids.... [furious]

Will C&C really give COE? or they will just go for refund? I'm prepared to go for used cars liao. [pirate]

Don't worry. You will get your COE at the final bid. C&C has enough profit margin to secure your COE at current rates, and still make at least $10,000 profit.

They have their annual quota to fulfill, else they will lose their distributorship.

Its how thirsty they want your biz..... if that particular model sell like hot cake, you can see most SE won't bother to push.... you don't want other people want.... if the SE hungry to close sale or push out slow moving model.... won't be surprise you u get your ride the following week...... [:p]

Many years back they even buy snacks buy cake go your house let you sign the paper.... now most SE don't think do that... [laugh]

I think my model sells like hot cake until out of stock. A200, the most affordable model. But i took the Amg trim which requires a top up of 5k and required to indent order. I think most didnt take the Amg trim.

Haha SE will still go to your house to let u sign papers. But i dont think got snacks or cakes LOL... my friend recently bought a SEAT Ibiza, the SE also go all out just to do paper work despite him booking the car already.

If buying from AD I believe they want your biz and will get you the COE. Their margins quite thick can sure cover and the SE wants to make their commission and let you have a good experience. If ever an AD fail to bid for me a COE on non-G I will think that AD doesn't want my business and I'll bring it somewhere else. V simple, if they want to nickle and dime me, I rather not buy from them.

Don't worry. You will get your COE at the final bid. C&C has enough profit margin to secure your COE at current rates, and still make at least $10,000 profit.

They have their annual quota to fulfill, else they will lose their distributorship.

Wow.. your words gave me light at the end of the tunnel... of cos, nothing is certain. Maybe you are speaking from experience and I really hope so. *fingers crossed*. Thanks.

Turbocharged

Never ever top up for guaranteed COE.

Else, you are just fueling the fire for COE prices to rise further.

End of the day, if you have the money, don't need to be afraid there is no car out there for you to buy.

• Praise 3

End of the day, if you have the money, don't need to be afraid there is no car out there for you to buy.

My SE told me can top up but he does't encourage me to do so.... 

Ya, worst case I go another dealer to get it. it's their loss and also my loss in terms of time wasted. 

Supersonic

If guaranteed coe also need to top up, then it would defeat the purpose of having guaranteed coe liao.

Hypersonic

"If you have the money, don't need to be afraid there is no car out there for you to buy."

That's always the problem.

I have the money.

Just very little so I always afraid.

:D

Alway easy for third party to suggest otherwise. Personally I also will not want to top-up and fuel the self-fulfilling raising trend.

But SE also not stoopiak, as they know singaporean car buyer kiasu psyche. 

I believe more buyer would rather choose to top-up, even when advised against doing so.

The decision logic is similar to the three options below.

1) Insist to buy car at original price comfortable price

2) Top up to get car immediately

3) Don't top up, will have to re-book another car at current higher COE price, so in a  way LPPL.

For me, my 5th bid last wed was unsuccessful. Booked my cat b SUV with C&C in early March, nonG - COE was then around 35k++. So annoying, missed the mark by just a few dollars on my last 2 bids.... [furious]

Will C&C really give COE? or they will just go for refund? I'm prepared to go for used cars liao. [pirate]

Did they bid 5 times for u? Or did they bid on the 5th coe bidding after u sign the deal?

Btw, have Gojek completed their 1000 Opel Insignia Coe bidding?

If yes, maybe do prepare for coe to drop soon....

↡ Advertisement