G vs nonG COE in this current climate

superzhen

I got an entry A class A200 AMG. I hope their margin is really high so i dont have to top up. I didnt even nego for any discount. Purchased at list price during february 2019 at 158,888. Now is at 173,888.

Anyway, it's only the 2nd bid at the moment. You still have 4 more bids. C&C for Merz normally have a high profit margin. So now you just have to stay calm and wait for this coming Weds COE bid result for more insight.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

If me I would wait for the quota forecast for the next quarter before deciding. No rush.

Indeed no need to rush since many ADs increased their car price quite ridiculously. Saw the price for altis for high spec is $103k?! Coe only at $33k, wonder how they justify on this pricing? Same like avante S trim now priced at $87K. I remember when cat A coe was around $50k, S trim was priced around $97k. But cat A coe at $33k, now S trim is $87k? I really cannot understand how ADs priced their car price? Lol.

Edited by 13177

Hypersonic

they also mention estimated delivery date is 07/2019 - 08/2019(subject to coe availability).

Means your new car will arrive only in July / August period ? 

Maybe that's why they are not aggreesively bidding for your COE? 

• Praise 3

I bought from cycle and carriage mercedes. My first time buying new car so i dont know how it works.

Yes i heard alot on KIA asking customer to top up. KIA and Mercs same company. Thats why i am wondering what will my outcome be if really didnt get coe. The jump of price for cat b was about $16k since i purchased. If have to top up that much, sure very sian.

Lol Mercedes? You will probably get your car considering the fat margins.
  • Praise 3

Means your new car will arrive only in July / August period ?

Maybe that's why they are not aggreesively bidding for your COE?

Yeah due to no stocks. So got to order in. Earliest arrival is july/august.

Guess that explains why they only began bidding on april.

• Praise 1

5th Gear

Lol Mercedes? You will probably get your car considering the fat margins.

Yeah. Worst case they just issue a prior month open Cat COE when your 6 bids are up.
  • Praise 2

Indeed no need to rush since many ADs increased their car price quite ridiculously. Saw the price for altis for high spec is $103k?! Coe only at $33k, wonder how they justify on this pricing? Same like avante S trim now priced at $87K. I remember when cat A coe was around $50k, S trim was priced around $97k. But cat A coe at $33k, now S trim is $87k? I really cannot understand how ADs priced their car price? Lol.

Haha..

Too expensive...

As compared to my KIA in 2010, selling price $57,999 and COE is $30,000. Haha...

Now COE $33,000 and selling price $103K?

• Praise 3

(edited)

I got an entry A class A200 AMG. I hope their margin is really high so i dont have to top up. I didnt even nego for any discount. Purchased at list price during february 2019 at 158,888. Now is at 173,888.

I purchased from BM in Mar 2019, went through 3 bids and have collected the car. It is strange that there is only 2 bids by C&C if your purchase is one month earlier than mine. Anyway, C&C Sales told me they are sure to get the COE for me had I bought a Mercedes Benz car from them, so you need not worry too much.

Edited by ktnpl
  • Praise 2

Must feel relieved margin is so high.

No need to top up.

:D

alternatively feel shiok when coe goes up but you still get the car and the AD earns lesser  [bounce1]

when i bought my car in june 2017 just before the coe started to dip, my AD profit margin was only 8k. at least i can now comfort myself that i didnt overpay that much for my car. 

• Praise 1

6 bids non guarantee does not mean in sequence. It can be bid once a mth for 6 mths. Or once every two months until 12 mths. Haha

thanks all for the reassurances, hopefully can get it this coming bid tomorrow. [:p]

C&C will honour the deal la. 17k increase is nothing.

70k increase i worry for you.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I will wait till May 3 to see if stock market collapse.

If no crash then go for the G spot.

Keep watching the stock market.

If the slide continues 

I would not go with G.  [thumbsup]

Dow Jones Industrial Average

25,806.79 −631.69 (2.39%)

7 May, 3:40 pm GMT-4 ·

Edited by Jamesc

I bought from cycle and carriage mercedes. My first time buying new car so i dont know how it works.

Yes i heard alot on KIA asking customer to top up. KIA and Mercs same company. Thats why i am wondering what will my outcome be if really didnt get coe. The jump of price for cat b was about $16k since i purchased. If have to top up that much, sure very sian.

Mercedes will 100% bid for you and make sure you get the coe. I got mine last Dec when I booked in July 2018. The SE said Mercedes will definitely give me the car. So no worries.
  • Praise 1