Why more people are renewing COE?

Ct3833

Supercharged

I'm a fan of COE cars. I owned many COE cars before and I think they were really value for money. Some old models also look better to me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Yeobt said:

I'm a fan of COE cars. I owned many COE cars before and I think they were really value for money. Some old models also look better to me.

Me too

For me it because I no money.

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Actually wanted to buy a coe daihastu copen as spare car. Looks cute n fun

But now looking at this pandemic, better don't anyhow waste money

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, awhtc said:

A COE car with faulty mechanical parts changed, a fresh coat of paint, new head lights, repaired interior leather and 2-DIN head unit with reverse camera will make the car look very new.  It costs about $6k to do up all these only.  So renew COE is the way to go for budget conscious drivers. 

spending 6k is not budget conscious, real budget conscious(constraint?) is like myself, driving COE car without spending a single cents to do up anything, absolutely nothing 😪😪😪. and I believe  I am not alone 😀😀😀

Interesting enough, COE revalidation since 2020 has reduced significanty, especially CAT A has been reduced by 50% as compare to 2019, not sure if it is a COVID effect  that people are unable renew COE, dealers are closed for business  , therefor are not taking up old car to renew COE . 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Me too

For me it because I no money.

:grin:

Next time don't say it ahead of me,must queue up.😀😀

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Yeobt said:

I am curious , why did you change so many COE cars ? Once decided, a COE car should last you for min 5 years if not 10 in order to maximise the saving. Like to learn from you in case I am missing anything.  Thanks. 

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I am curious , why did you change so many COE cars ? Once decided, a COE car should last you for min 5 years if not 10 in order to maximise the saving. Like to learn from you in case I am missing anything.  Thanks. 

I started driving from early 90s when COE was started to go up. So I was like changing car every 6 mths since the car price was also went up. Balls were extremely itchy when younger and had no commitment la, so I juz changed car whenever i was unhappy with the current car or happy with the newer car. 😁

There was NO online forum for advise or fact check during those era la, everything then was juz about affordability. I think I owned not less than 20 cars in my 30 years of driving history. Oldest car was Datsun 100A, bestest car is BMW e93 325i. I know I dont have many 10 years to play, so juz play if I still can lor. 🙂

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

spending 6k is not budget conscious, real budget conscious(constraint?) is like myself, driving COE car without spending a single cents to do up anything, absolutely nothing 😪😪😪. and I believe  I am not alone 😀😀😀

Interesting enough, COE revalidation since 2020 has reduced significanty, especially CAT A has been reduced by 50% as compare to 2019, not sure if it is a COVID effect  that people are unable renew COE, dealers are closed for business  , therefor are not taking up old car to renew COE . 

The $6k can be over 2 years to get back to new conditions for the parts e.g. suspensions, wheel bearings and worn out parts of leather seats.  This is still way cheaper than buying a new car.

My take on the decrease in revalidation is mainly higher COE PQP of $30k+ compared to just $20k+ in 2019 and the new car discounts and lower interest rates during this period.  Hence, more drivers opt for new cars.

• Praise 1

I think renew COE if u have driven the same car for at least 3-4 yrs and have good idea of what may need to change soon could definitely increase, but a minority is still a minority even when numbers go up

Majority will still scrap their cars nearing year 10 as always has been the case. Now the number of punter who buy this kind of car and renew... also going up? They have no idea how much or little needs to be done to the car to keep it going. Even best case scenario there will be major wear and tear changes as old owner unlikely to do it since they intend to scrap. Idk if numbers up or down for this group but thats the big question as thats the most impt factor for how many COE go back into circulation

↡ Advertisement