Queensway to go enbloc

Kopites

Supercharged

Last time at Far East Shopping Centre there is a 2nd hand CD shop on Lvl 2. I would spend hours there browsing and talking to the boss.

Yah, very very different feel from last time. 

Talk to the boss or talk to the chiobu ah lian shop assistant?  [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Strata titled malls almost impossible to en bloc because all stakeholders will receive the same type of compensation regardless of the location of the shop unit, eg shop near escalator will receive same $psf compensation as shop at last row near toilet. 

iirc, Lucky Plaza, Far East Plaza etc also tried en bloc many times with no success.

People's Park also tried, did not succeed but later a bloc of shop units and the car park were transacted. That is probably the best way for owners of prime units to realise better value for their units.

So fret not, Queensway will still be around. 

It's not necessary that all owners will get the same amount. The compensation can be structured differently I guess!

Turbocharged

My grandmother used to stay opposite Queensway shopping center and I also stayed nearby. Quite a few good memories of that place but I have not stepped in for at least 2 decades.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Nowadays walk into any of those new malls also sian, same restaurants, same shops, same supermarkets .. mostly just to buy something quick and leave.

Heng got taobao :grin:

It is a hardware paradise

Anything also can find one

Hypersonic

If want something really quick can always buy from RS Online, next day delivery. But some things reasonable price, some things expensive, .. mostly I buy electronic components, quick search. Even optical transmitter for my old receiver also can get (as long as you know how to match the specs and solder).

Wah!!! That’s way beyond me liao :XD:

Supersonic

I bought my first pair of sport shoes at Queensway in 1990. A Mizuno basketball sneakers for $125. My father gave me the money, for burning all my weekends and sch holidays helping him sell vegetables.

Wow...$125 in 1990 is like $300 today.

My most expensive sneakers today only $89...

Supersonic

Last time at Far East Shopping Centre there is a 2nd hand CD shop on Lvl 2. I would spend hours there browsing and talking to the boss.

Yah, very very different feel from last time. 

That's why closed down mah. You spend hours browsing and talking to the boss but never buy  [laugh]

Supersonic
(edited)

Really good memories. From that time to have cool wind breakers........Those were the days

Secondary school days also bring GF go Queensway shopping, cinema, bowling etc................

Looks like the few of us replying to the thread here is around 40s now.

Really good memories and also getting old. Times really files

which GF you brought to queensway for movie and bowling?

only queentown consist of cinema and bowling. not queensway.

should be above McDonalds.

my friend's dad has few units and they also running a shop there, most likely he as the 2nd gen will want to hold it since he is in his mid 50s, everyday do nothing sit there pass time [laugh][laugh]

basement got one arcade as well. Edited by Kopites

Supercharged
(edited)

which GF you brought to queensway for movie and bowling?

only queentown consist of cinema and bowling. not queensway.

Secondary school one lor

Queenstown and Queensway so near to one another 

Sometimes also go Clementi the old Empress place cinema 

or the mac donald at Clementi near the water fountain

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

True, but some shops will give you a pair of free socks to entice you. ð

wow ..that really bring back memories. hahaha.I gotten the sock!

Still remember vividly that last time still got the famous horse race betting machine in Queensway shopping centre arcade centre

Last time, arcade centre still can smoke.

Many time, these horse racing betting machine were placed inside those billiard centre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehW9gX0TPNQ

that should be the latest batch. I remember flip mahjong undress the girl.

Hypersonic

lucky plaza and far east plaza both belong to Far east group, they actually try to buy back some of the units for many years and still cannot achieve the majority share. There are many owners holding on to it, what Far East can do is continue to make some enhancement on these malls to make it attractive but can see far east plaza is slowly losing it but lucky plaza still going strong as it is along the main road.

Lucky plaza support by pinoy.

Supersonic

Operate bay kee already illegal, won't matter if you smoke or not. [laugh] Most billiard centres in the old days can smoke, some places if table never maintain got burnt holes. [laugh] Towards the 2000's or so then smoking ban got more strict. By then, I also decided to quit smoking.

billiard centre!

my hangout was at gay world. weekday; Thurs and Fri afternoon. I have never lost big times. The very least breakeven daily.

wow ..that really bring back memories. hahaha.I gotten the sock!

that should be the latest batch. I remember flip mahjong undress the girl.

• Praise 1