10 years worth of photos...

Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

In the beginning there is only my wife...

best_01.jpg

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

(edited)

10 year series of great photos lai liao.

好期待

Second photo is your mil? Jamesc wishes to know...

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)

10 year series of great photos lai liao.

好期待

Second photo is your mil? Jamesc wishes to know...

Got some pics of mil but not really keepers :)

Those years without kids... seem an eternity ago, dining at nice resturants like imperial banquet on this trip..

This time is when I first started bringing DSLR on trips. Shot on a 85mm apsc crop which is around 135mm. Subject distance is really far. Plain luck on the colours, loved the colours. Learned about chromatic aberrations seen at the branches. Started my gear lust for good lens.

best_02.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Australia, great ocean road. Shot with the camera held high above my head with and ultra wide lens. Live view is great for this. At that time, mirrorless just came out I think. Olympus camera. A lot of my shots from then on use this method, running high angle shots with tilted horizon. 

best_03.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

My Wife look so young in these photos :)

Japan. Ever since my kid went to school, we never caught Sakura again.... the things u give up for kids. How I wish to go on a vacation to catch flowers or autumn leaves in October. All my trips are with kids, we never ever thought of leaving them behind in Singapore, no matter how young. This was the last vacation with no kids, or the first depending on how u look at it. 

been to many vacations but I don’t think I have seen a really good autumn foliage like whole mountain kind, something on my bucket list....

best_04.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

This pic below with my daughter is not the first trip with her. I think she is 1 year plus here and her third trip I think. The first two trips has some pics but none really keepers though. I think she was the cutest from the age of 2-4 :) 

Added a frame as I thought without frame looks weird. 

best_05.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Arashiyama. The next 10 or so pics represent I think the best photos I have over the years. Somehow as my daughter gets older the connection is not as strong... you can't really feel the mummy daughter connection as she gets camera shy. You literally have to take candids to get keepers... When she is young, everything is so natural

My boy is totally different... just run around like crazy. 

best_06.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Very neat photos...

So your girl was made in jippun? Cutest from 2-4? So lucky to have missed the terrible at two phase...my girl started at 18 months and still counting...

Turbocharged

Very neat photos...

So your girl was made in jippun? Cutest from 2-4? So lucky to have missed the terrible at two phase...my girl started at 18 months and still counting...

Turbocharged

2 years old, when she will go cute at every photo op, those days are Long gone.

best_09.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

This shot was one of my first  attempts to get a good composition. Our wedding  photographer took a very similar photo and so we went back to the same location and duplicated the shot. The lake framing the subject with the trees on the left with the mountains behind. The picture would not work if the horizon cuts through the person head so usually I am very careful in horizon placement after this. 

best_10.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

This show my daughter a bit grown up, maybe 4 years old. I always feel this shot is a coming of age photo where she is the only person in the shot without her mummy. 

This shot taken outside the train station while waiting for the train using an ultra-wide from a low angle and up close. It remains one of my favorite shot through the years and just shows you don't have to visit attractions to get memorable shots. 

In fact only 4 out of 11 shots shown are taken in a tourist attraction... rest are all just along the way. Last time I was pretty hardworking and would snap shots all the time...

best_11.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Wish @jamesc could post something of his most talked beloved

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5