10 years worth of photos...

Wind30

Lovely photos and the backdrops were awesome. Truly good photography.

Maybe it's just me, I would not post my loved ones on social media that readily.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Lovely photos and the backdrops were awesome. Truly good photography.

Maybe it's just me, I would not post my loved ones on social media that readily.

I was concerned a little many years back when I first posted on clubsnap. A good thing is I am more careful with my online postings as I am not really anonymous, not bad if everyone thinks a little before posting.

Japan. Kanazawa, 3 years old. Loved this old street in kanazawa. Visited it again in recent years with the boy but there was a stupid car parked there.... They should ban cars on such streets..  

best_12.jpg

Why not?

Don't you like pics of my MIL?

:D

Can we refrain from posting other pics on this thread? Comments, good, bad or weird, are welcomed but pics looks weird. A distraction... the OCD photographer speaking. 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

You are a role model for many here.

Perhaps you want to invite Staff69 here, I think it is about time he settled down.

This pic below with my daughter is not the first trip with her. I think she is 1 year plus here and her third trip I think. The first two trips has some pics but none really keepers though. I think she was the cutest from the age of 2-4 :) 

Added a frame as I thought without frame looks weird. 

best_05.jpg

I like this picture the best.

It got more story behind it with the picture composition.

This shot was one of my first  attempts to get a good composition. Our wedding  photographer took a very similar photo and so we went back to the same location and duplicated the shot. The lake framing the subject with the trees on the left with the mountains behind. The picture would not work if the horizon cuts through the person head so usually I am very careful in horizon placement after this. 

best_10.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

You are a role model for many here.

Perhaps you want to invite Staff69 here, I think it is about time he settled down.

I like this picture the best.

It got more story behind it with the picture composition.

yes, the most important part is if the picture evokes an emotion I think. Sadly, I feel that quality is missing in my recent trips. Not sure if the magic of the first child has disappeared, for my second boy it’s really more hands off and he just run here and there...

japan, takayama. 

best_13.jpg

• Praise 2

Fantastic shots there @wind30

I know nothing about photography except looking at the pics.

And they look just fantastic.

Maybe since i chobo, i should start a new hobby......hmmm

Turbocharged
(edited)

Fantastic shots there @wind30

I know nothing about photography except looking at the pics.

And they look just fantastic.

Maybe since i chobo, i should start a new hobby......hmmm

Thx, photography is rewarding too...

Italy, Rome

One of the few shots with recognisable tourist attractions.... it always hard to shoot at such places due to the crowds...

best_15.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

Italy, Pisa. When she was 3 years old, love the expression that only a child can give. 

2-5 is really the golden age for children photography. After 5, they complain and sulk...

I choose an angle to show the leaning tower against another upright building to accentuate the "leaning". 

best_16.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Switzerland, Zurich. One of my few autumn shots. Nailing the AF is not easy with this shot. 

best_17.jpg

Switzerland, Zurich. One of my few autumn shots. Nailing the AF is not easy with this shot. 

best_17.jpg

No offence but I find this photo like photoshopped haha.

I really think you have done a great job taking the photographs. I know I will not want to do that as I like to enjoy the moments, the scenery etc. For me, just a few simple shots will do.

Turbocharged

No offence but I find this photo like photoshopped haha.

I really think you have done a great job taking the photographs. I know I will not want to do that as I like to enjoy the moments, the scenery etc. For me, just a few simple shots will do.

All my pics are photoshopped but I don't do major edits like replace sky. Maybe desaturate some bright distracting background colors. 

My wife and Kids buy souvenirs but I don't buy anything ever on my trips. I just take photos as souvenirs. Last time my daughter is very accomodating, now it is getting so much harder. My back is also not so good so need to lighten my camera backpack, not sure how many more trips will I keep this up. Maybe until my son grow old enough that he stop being my model. Probably in 2 years time. 

Switzerland, Lucerne. Now I can't even lift up my daughter....

best_18.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This shot was taken in a department store in japan and one of my TOP favourites. I just hope I can get more shots like this but recently I take out my camera much less on trips. To inspire me too shoot more before my Son grow up.

best_19.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Japan. Shot with a tele lens from pretty far away. 

best_20.jpg

Turbocharged

Australia, sunset. I think I cloned out some of the footsteps in the sand.

best_22.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

Australia, Great ocean road. Tele lens shot from afar. Went back to the same place in recent years but sadly cannot get a better shot than this....

best_24.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Arashiyama. The next 10 or so pics represent I think the best photos I have over the years. Somehow as my daughter gets older the connection is not as strong... you can't really feel the mummy daughter connection as she gets camera shy. You literally have to take candids to get keepers... When she is young, everything is so natural

My boy is totally different... just run around like crazy.

best_06.jpg

Awesome pictures.

Empty pathway, you must be there really early to beat the crowd.

↡ Advertisement