10 years worth of photos...

Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

A very powerful shot there...any colour version in full size frame to share?

unedited jpg developed from raw. 

aust.jpg

Awesome pictures.

Empty pathway, you must be there really early to beat the crowd.

it is luck as it was not really early. I been to the same place 2 more times but always got people. In travel shots, you just have to take what the day gives you. 

Of course, going out early helps in many cases.

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

yes, the most important part is if the picture evokes an emotion I think. Sadly, I feel that quality is missing in my recent trips. Not sure if the magic of the first child has disappeared, for my second boy itâs really more hands off and he just run here and there...

japan, takayama.

best_13.jpg

Your dotter is such a cutie pie. I recall when my boy was 2 to 4, I agree that was their cutest age...
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Australia, roadside. We just stopped by the road and took this shot.i think it’s canola farm, snuck in... :)

best_26.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

Japan. Kobe. This waterfall is right outside the shinkansen station. I loved this pic, the expression is perfect. Sometimes, it not where the pic is taken but when it is taken.

best_27.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Japan, Lake kawaguchiko. Just snowed the night before. All the snow on the trees, just look so nice. Desaturated some of the distracting colors in the background like the railings was a brighter yellow...

best_29.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Rissia, St petersburg. On my second trip recently, the church was covered with scaffolding which is very disappointing. Travel is kind of iffy, u can travel miles and the thing is just under renovation. So many times like the prague astronomical clock, etc.

best_30.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Keep those photos coming

Inspirational.

can share your camera set up

Thank you.

can see progression into more and more professional framing and composition.

Turbocharged

Keep those photos coming

Inspirational.

can share your camera set up

Thank you.

can see progression into more and more professional framing and composition.

I usually use a ultra wide zoom, a 35mm f1.4 and a tele 70-200mm.

ultra wide angle, hermitage. This shot is very hard because of the crowds. I could not repeat this with my boy on our second trip to hermitage. Love the wide angle effect showing the grandeur of the place.

best_31.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

Helsinki, tele lens take from afar. Most of my shots looks natural but quite a few are semi posed as in my Wife does the posing but the kids are usually natural. Example my Wife in this shot, the look back is posed. Similarly for the snow shot in Kawaguchiko, playing with the branch is totally posed... there is nothing interesting about the branch. Bottom line, is the adult cannot be stand still looking at the camera, need to do something to lead the child.

best_32.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Norway, Lofoten Island, just outside our hotel, up a small side road. Basically just before breakfast, during the time when I can still convince my daughter to go out and take photos, we stepped out of our small B&B hotel and found a small side road leading up. Not sure whats up, we just walked up and saw this view. One of my most favorite photos and the view is stunning. This was in April but lots of snow everywhere. 

best_33.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Norway lofoten. Not all shots need to be front facing. I think I have a few shots that is back facing, but pretty rare though. Helps to have more variety. This shot is also posed... my wife I think was not pointing to anything in particular...

I still remember this trip. One week in lofoten and not a single day of sun. Everyday is like that. I was pretty disappointed during the trip but when I went back I loved the feel of the shots. It has the rugged feel of a place for north in Norway. The feeling is very different on my second trip back which I had great sunny weather almost everyday.

best_34.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

Norway, lofoten Island. Halfway mark of my photos :) We found this place beside the road driving to our hotel

best_35.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Very Swee Pictures.

I have Canon 30D and Fuji S50 Pro. Just using some normal lens, like Tamron, Tonika and Canon from (50mm to tele to wide angle).

Really dont have the skills like you guys. So in then end become white elephant. Only used once a year for CNY family picture. My favourite CNY picture this year is from the Huawei P20 Pro. Even for our year end holiday trips, also lazy to take out to take any pictures (always in the luggage).

Handphone camera seems to be good enough.  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1