10 years worth of photos...

Wind30

Turbocharged

Very Swee Pictures.

I have Canon 30D and Fuji S50 Pro. Just using some normal lens, like Tamron, Tonika and Canon from (50mm to tele to wide angle).

Really dont have the skills like you guys. So in then end become white elephant. Only used once a year for CNY family picture. My favourite CNY picture this year is from the Huawei P20 Pro. Even for our year end holiday trips, also lazy to take out to take any pictures (always in the luggage).

Handphone camera seems to be good enough. [:p]

Fuji s5pro? That is a pretty good camera. I think some of my earlier shots on this thread is with the s3pro. There is not much skill just effort :) I not pro so quite a few of the shots here are not pre visualised. 10 years of effort sure can find a few nice shots.

I think the main thing about handphone camera is that it is too slow to track moving subjects and the bokeh Sim needs to get better. I think the bokeh simulation has great potential as fake bokeh don’t have many of the issues that plague real bokeh like chromatic aberrations, double lining.

Computational photography is the way to go I think. It’s just a matter of time.

↡ Advertisement

One can have the best camera that money can buy.

But whether the best moment can be captured is totally another thing.

Bro wind30 your picture to me, epitomize  those moments to the fullest.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

One can have the best camera that money can buy.

But whether the best moment can be captured is totally another thing.

Bro wind30 your picture to me, epitomize  those moments to the fullest.

It is effort lor, if you have more moments to choose from, chances are you can find a few precious ones. 

Denmark I think. This is one of the few shots I pre-visualised. Spotted the trees along a small ridge and decided to send my wife and daughter up while I shoot from far far away with my tele lens. The jogger is just luck. 

best_37.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

I particular like the colour saturation

Rissia, St petersburg. On my second trip recently, the church was covered with scaffolding which is very disappointing. Travel is kind of iffy, u can travel miles and the thing is just under renovation. So many times like the prague astronomical clock, etc.

best_30.jpg

I am joking.

Dont be a cheapskate. Go subscribe to Cloud and NOT use MCF as a storage for your photos. You are tempting me to do the same too.

Seriously keep the photos coming. Please also include apart from Place, can talk about why you take that particular shot and any what you think is the best feature of each photo.

Thank you

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I particular like the colour saturation

I am joking.

Dont be a cheapskate. Go subscribe to Cloud and NOT use MCF as a storage for your photos. You are tempting me to do the same too.

Seriously keep the photos coming. Please also include apart from Place, can talk about why you take that particular shot and any what you think is the best feature of each photo.

Thank you

The images are hosted on my server.

hokkaido. This shot is also actually pre-visualized. I googled and there are special trees where commercials, tv dramas were shot. This is one of them. We stopped the car around a bend, I ran down and shot from a long distance away. The posing is thought by my wife as I was too far to give instructions. 

best_43.jpg

Norway, Lofoten Island, just outside our hotel, up a small side road. Basically just before breakfast, during the time when I can still convince my daughter to go out and take photos, we stepped out of our small B&B hotel and found a small side road leading up. Not sure whats up, we just walked up and saw this view. One of my most favorite photos and the view is stunning. This was in April but lots of snow everywhere.

best_33.jpg

Lofoten!!! One of my top list destination.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lofoten!!! One of my top list destination.

Lofoten is actually my favourite destination for travel.

england. Countryside. We were just driving along the road when the light was very nice. We just stopped and my Daughter was still quite willing to get off the car and snap some shots.

best_44.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

One word for you, Magnificent !!!

Thx.

poland krakow. The boy is born. Not the first overseas trip though. I think his first trip was to Perth. 

Krakow has quite a lot of buildings that still look like from world war 2 in the Jewish quarter where we stayed. Desaturated the building as I love the texture on it. 

Poland was super cheap when we went a few years ago. Nice building, friendly people, cheap. We went back a few years later. 

best_46.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

Prague, Astronomical clk. One simple tip about photography is look at where the light falls and put your subject there. Early morning shot to avoid the crowds. On my second trip Prague was soooo crowded.... and the clock was under renovation.... I don't really like Prague due to the crowds... I much prefer Budapest or Krakow. Cheaper and less crowded. 

I noticed my pictures from this time onwards is not so nice anymore... my daughter has grown up and no longer like taking photos.... sulky most of the time

best_47.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

Budapest, Hungary. I noticed the red pillars and the blue train behind so I took a quick snap.Loved the colors, expressions, background. Sometimes, you just get lucky. So many of my keepers are taken in places like outside hotel, train stations, etc. It tells me next time maybe I can save some money and go to closer/cheaper places.

best_48.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Holland. I love this pic of my boy :)  looks like the game worms. Shot from a low angle, 35mm lens. U almost always have to squat and shoot as low as possible for young kids. A mirrorless camera with live view helps a LOT in this case.

best_49.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Japan, shirakawako. 

Some of the rain shots turned out pretty nice. Good gentle light. 

best_50.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

A lot of powerful shots I see...

Fantastic is an understatement...awesomeness comes close...

Anyone can buy good camera

Anyone can shoot good photo with good camera

Anyone can convert good photo to a great one

But not anyone can compose great shot with a storyline attach to the frame captured

I suggest you hold an exhibition with the theme - my life journey with 8 legs or my family footprints - as these photos best appreciated in large print.

Turbocharged
(edited)

A lot of powerful shots I see...

Fantastic is an understatement...awesomeness comes close...

Anyone can buy good camera

Anyone can shoot good photo with good camera

Anyone can convert good photo to a great one

But not anyone can compose great shot with a storyline attach to the frame captured

I suggest you hold an exhibition with the theme - my life journey with 8 legs or my family footprints - as these photos best appreciated in large print.

:)

nobody sponsor my exhibition.

I like sharing my pics online cuz if you share with you family and friend, invariably they will say nice. Need to see if my pics work or not needs a wider audience.

second shot of shirakawago. Love the light, flowers, terrace, behind. not many shots with umbrella in the rain but I have some really nice shots even with rain. 

best_51.jpg

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2