10 years worth of photos...

Wind30

Hypersonic

Holland. I love this pic of my boy :) looks like the game worms. Shot from a low angle, 35mm lens. U almost always have to squat and shoot as low as possible for young kids. A mirrorless camera with live view helps a LOT in this case.

best_49.jpg

U have the 35mm f1.4. I travel with the f1.8.

But Usually I just shoot at f2.2-2.5. Maybe it's me, I find it easier to shoot my kids with this setting.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

U have the 35mm f1.4. I travel with the f1.8.

But Usually I just shoot at f2.2-2.5. Maybe it's me, I find it easier to shoot my kids with this setting.

I find I shoot waaay too many shots at f1.4. I Guess the thinking is if I am going to lug a f1.4 lens, I might as well shoot a lot at f1.4 which is not necessarily good.

almost all my 35mm has thin dof, the ultra wide is usually shot at f8.

spain Granada. Sunset, along a road somewhere.... hired a private driver. 

best_52.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Portugal, Porto

My Daughter went for an early morning walk, with the best hot chocolate breakfast. 

Great light. I love this part of Porto , looks very romantic 

best_53.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Spain, the cloud that day was spectacular. Like a dragon... took this using a ultra wide.

best_54.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

Norway. This shot is from a viewpoint... supposedly very famous angle. Did research prior trip

best_56.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Really enjoy viewing your photos.

Can see your passion in your hobby.

Thx. It’s something different from my day job as engineer :)

japan, kawaguchiko. This is one of my favourite shots in recent years. My Wife broke her foot so we were travelling with the protective boot. The light on the field of lalang is amazing and so is the expression of my boy.

best_57.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Croatia Dubrovnik. It’s super quiet in the winter months. I think we stayed in radission blu and the huge hotel complex only have a few people. Great time to visit actually in winter. 

best_60.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

USA, LA. This shot is completely posed. We saw this graffiti wall outside our hotel many times and took quite a few shots. The guy with the roses is pure luck though.

Notice the road sign "Hope" which is really interesting. I thought there are a lot of "interesting" elements in the shot.

best_62.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

All very high quality photo. Even some wedding photographer can't match.

Maybe I can part time as wedding photographer.

Budapest. Hungary. Right outside the Hungary circus which is quite a bit smaller than the one in St Petersburg but still quite interesting. Love the evening light (well balanced with the circus building lighting) and the look on my kid. 

best_64.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Budapest Hungary. This shot was taken in the morning when we arrived for an early morning train. Loved the "atmosphere" with the light rays... The subject was a bit off to the left... Ideally all the lines should converge to her but good enough I guess

best_65.jpg

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Prague. The charles bridge in the background was too crowded to shoot so we went further away. I love this shot for feel....

best_66.jpg