5 Cars That Won’t Last 100,000 Miles

awhtc

Hypersonic

it is not real low when i take over. but my wife will only drive 4-5k mileage per year. by end of 20 years, it will probably 170000km and still be less than my 10 years mileage for my previous car of about 190000km.

did you happen to hear what is the problem? but for me, the parf loss is only $4k and renewal coe is low now.........if really cannot last the tenor, scrap and get back the coe rebate. effectively a "put" option to me.

My BIL not very technical.

He just say he's been to jb workshop few times. No real complete breakdown but some leaks and some stuff needed to change from the 6-7th year on. He got it at the 4 year mark.

But well ultimately he bought another kia again so the ownership experience can't be that bad.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

My BIL not very technical.

He just say he's been to jb workshop few times. No real complete breakdown but some leaks and some stuff needed to change from the 6-7th year on. He got it at the 4 year mark.

But well ultimately he bought another kia again so the ownership experience can't be that bad.

which generation forte he bought?  i heard got 1 generation got ecu problem.

for me thinks like leaks, wear and tear are something we have to manage with older cars.  last time i bought a 23 year honda accord as my first car, many naysayers also speak of doom's day for me......

i proved them wrong, haha..not that i am technical person but most workshop can handle such work of refurbishing and reinstating health of car.

Hypersonic

which generation forte he bought? i heard got 1 generation got ecu problem.

for me thinks like leaks, wear and tear are something we have to manage with older cars. last time i bought a 23 year honda accord as my first car, many naysayers also speak of doom's day for me......

i proved them wrong, haha..not that i am technical person but most workshop can handle such work of refurbishing and reinstating health of car.

The prev gen. Sister car to my elantra.

The first gen forte (sold in Sg) isnt that refined.

Korean cars reliability OK lah. Definitely not that big an issue.

Supercharged

The prev gen. Sister car to my elantra.

The first gen forte (sold in Sg) isnt that refined.

Korean cars reliability OK lah. Definitely not that big an issue.

yep, you should be right.....i remember it should be the first gen that have the problem.

His knowledge is dated back in the 90s.

his info still useful for me coz my car from 90s  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Don't forget Mazda RX8 which is damn cheap comparing to the parameters however the innovative Wankel Engine is causing all the troubles.

After making 100 000km the whole engine needs repairing or replacing, hence the low price once the mileage is around 80-90k ;)

Twincharged

Don't forget Mazda RX8 which is damn cheap comparing to the parameters however the innovative Wankel Engine is causing all the troubles.

After making 100 000km the whole engine needs repairing or replacing, hence the low price once the mileage is around 80-90k ;)

The only Advantage of RX-8 is the very low Road Tax,otherwise not much,Heavy Fuel & Oil Comsumption,short Engine Life,Idling too long can get Flooded... [furious]

Cars that won't last 100,000 Miles

1.Range Rover

2.Chevy Cruze

3.Mini Cooper

4.Fiat 500

5.Nissan Altima

​​​6. Mazda RX-8

↡ Advertisement