5 Cars That Won’t Last 100,000 Miles

awhtc

Supersonic
(edited)

10000 pct agree. pls stand for coming GE, win n become new transport minister.

our transport system is just our garmen s money tree.

Lol. I want a quiet life. Besides, you can never change this system from the inside and change from the outside will take generations, if if works at all.

I don't really watch this guy videos. Same as the aussie guy.

John Cadogan? Yes he's another irritating bugger but at least he's funnier than redneck Scotty Kilmer. Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I wonder why cars with rotary engines are not on the list. Haha!

Because He listed the Mazda RX-8 as "Weekend Toy" [:)] ,not a Everyday Car... :mellow:

Twincharged

You are wrong,He always talked Bad about GM & Chysler Cars. [thumbsdown] ...always said Toyota & Honda Cars the best. [thumbsup] Conti Cars are Endless $$$ Pit when Aged.

Usually that's the case as conti cars got more electronic in the car. So once they age and when electronic starts to show problem, it will get expensive to repair.

Supersonic

I wonder why cars with rotary engines are not on the list. Haha!

Tink maybe the Rx-8 haven't reached redneck country yet..

Supercharged

Objectively, he did share certain knowledge I found beneficial such as air-con hi low pressure reading, DIY change of parts. But it's true that conti is generally less lasting and need more $ to upkeep. I rarely or never see cars like jeep, vw, Audi cars renew coe. Not brand bashing but just citing examples

Usually that's the case as conti cars got more electronic in the car. So once they age and when electronic starts to show problem, it will get expensive to repair.

Not only that but also they seemed to have more heat issues so gaskets and seals replacement as well. These incur higher labor costs.

10000 pct agree. pls stand for coming GE, win n become new transport minister.

our transport system is just our garmen s money tree.

Transport minister can't do much. Only warm seat to make place for another. Maybe vote for PM?
  • Praise 2

Different place of mfg needs to be considered as well as the weather and driving conditions .

ya very true,

1 of his video mention worst gearbox.

most of them is USA car.

never mention VW gearbox at all which breakdown like nobody business here

You are wrong,He always talked Bad about GM & Chysler Cars. [thumbsdown] ...always said Toyota & Honda Cars the best. [thumbsup] Conti Cars are Endless $$$ Pit when Aged.

he hate france cars also esp renault, :XD:

Supercharged

recently i chatted with my colleague about me having gotten a second car to renew coe for my wife to drive.  i told him it was a kia picanto and he insisted kia cars can't last 20 years, even with low mileage. as i told him the mileage chalked up by my wife's driving would be low.

what do you guys think?

Twincharged

recently i chatted with my colleague about me having gotten a second car to renew coe for my wife to drive.  i told him it was a kia picanto and he insisted kia cars can't last 20 years, even with low mileage. as i told him the mileage chalked up by my wife's driving would be low.

what do you guys think?

The Question,can you find a real low Mileage Kia Picanto.?

• Praise 2

ya very true,

1 of his video mention worst gearbox.

most of them is USA car.

never mention VW gearbox at all which breakdown like nobody business here

he hate france cars also esp renault, :XD:

Disliking French (for reliability) for good reasons...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

question is can you find a non adjusted low milage picanto

[:p]

Disliking French (for reliability) for good reasons...

interestingly, my brother had a megane that ran for 10 years. yes, the tail lights melted as was the interior trims, but surprisingly, it ran ok.

scrap at 160,000km

I find Scotty quite entertaining especially when answering emails. There is also a Singaporean who posted a nicely made video of his Proton Wira on his channel. 

To be fair to Scotty his advice comes from his experience of being a mechanic for more than 50 years. It will work for folks with low SES like me. Average Singaporean will be well enough to own a conti car.

• Praise 3

Actually this is an interesting thread with useful information.

Any other cars that anyone would like to nominate to this list?

Cars that won't last 100,000 Miles

Hypersonic

recently i chatted with my colleague about me having gotten a second car to renew coe for my wife to drive. i told him it was a kia picanto and he insisted kia cars can't last 20 years, even with low mileage. as i told him the mileage chalked up by my wife's driving would be low.

what do you guys think?

My BIL drove a picanto (2nd hand) to 9 years. Got quite a number of minor problems in the last few years. He say definitely not worth renewing. He's not high mileage also.

But he switched to forte 2 years ago.

question is can you find a non adjusted low milage picanto

[:p]

interestingly, my brother had a megane that ran for 10 years. yes, the tail lights melted as was the interior trims, but surprisingly, it ran ok.

scrap at 160,000km

My friend is even considering renewing his Megane coup. Single owner. We told him don't be stupid lol

Supercharged
(edited)

it is not real low when i take over.  but my wife will only drive 4-5k mileage per year.  by end of 20 years, it will probably 170000km and still be less than my 10 years mileage for my previous car of about 190000km.

My BIL drove a picanto (2nd hand) to 9 years. Got quite a number of minor problems in the last few years. He say definitely not worth renewing. He's not high mileage also.

But he switched to forte 2 years ago.

My friend is even considering renewing his Megane coup. Single owner. We told him don't be stupid lol

did you happen to hear what is the problem?  but for me, the parf loss is only $4k and renewal coe is low now.........if really cannot last the tenor, scrap and get back the coe rebate.  effectively a "put" option to me.

Edited by Acemundo
↡ Advertisement