Buses with rooftop gardens to ply Singapore's roads

Raubern

Turbocharged

Has this been done to any other part of the world ???

Better if they just put solar panels roof to power the lights and electrics

Yes it probably is a better option. Except today cost, there is negative ROI haha. Maybe another 20 years when we have better PV panels.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I dont know what kind of plants are those, but they look more like some vegetation to me.  By the look of how these plants are lay out, it is creating a very well shaded bed for many small creates to house themselves there. 

Soon, we will have butterflies, bees, bugs, centipedes taking the same bus also.

And please dont be alert if a little snake takes a ride in the aircon bus in the day to get away from the rooftop heat.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

last time we do have those small monitor (TV screen) showing advert on board the bus.

I am wondering from the same committee?

last time we do have those small monitor (TV screen) showing advert on board the bus.

No lah... Those members must have already made enough retire song song oredi.

Supersonic

No lah... Those members must have already made enough retire song song oredi.

maybe their off springs! hahaha

Supersonic

I remember those TV screen showing TV channel programme on the bus for a short period.

I remember those TV screen showing TV channel programme on the bus for a short period.

Who watches those, everyone is on their smart phone.

Supersonic

Last time maybe smart phone not so interesting? Maybe not even have the toggle? Thats why they had the TV programme on buses project?!

• Praise 1

What rubbish. Just give bus fares discount instead spending in this manner to achieve what????????? or give free rides to seniors like 70 and above.

Supersonic

What rubbish. Just give bus fares discount instead spending in this manner to achieve what????????? or give free rides to seniors like 70 and above.

You wait long long for them to give bus fare discount or free rides. Even when MRT experienced so many major breakdown, you also no see them give free ride or discounted ride for their poor service. Lol.

Turbocharged

you just stir the nest! Next fare increase you responsible ok

Supersonic

last time no smart phone. only pager.

problem..bus packed like sardine who can enjoy those program.

You wait long long for them to give bus fare discount or free rides. Even when MRT experienced so many major breakdown, you also no see them give free ride or discounted ride for their poor service. Lol.

have..join the pap rally. got chicken rice and free shuttle bus.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The diesel burn savings from lesser air conditioning load will be offset by additional diesel burn due to weight of the plants and the additional drag when moving. Add to that the costs to maintain etc. ??

Should scrutinize which companies benefit from adopting this scheme and who's behind them [laugh]

I got no data plan till today, so can only watch chio bu passengers.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

i hope aedes mosquitos won't hide in the grass patch, taking free rides to expand their territories

if that happened, dengue zones will look like a bus route on the map...

The diesel burn savings from lesser air conditioning load will be offset by additional diesel burn due to weight of the plants and the additional drag when moving. Add to that the costs to maintain etc. ??

Should scrutinize which companies benefit from adopting this scheme and who's behind them [laugh]

I got no data plan till today, so can only watch chio bu passengers.

Don't tell me you prefer to stand and look down hor...