Need Advice on Tyres Change

Gheeheng

u referring to me?

I dunno what cave you have been living in but quite a lot of semi slicks are DOT approved.

And yes, I have driven in heavy thunderstorm on a well used set of R888s so I know how to handle. Thanks.

Sorry for my gu gu head.

And I am not referring to you

Is semi slick tire road legal is LTA approval. Not DOT or seller.

MHO is drive extra careful when on semi slick on wet weather.

↡ Advertisement

I used to have an od teva sandels. Keep it for too long and unused and one day, wore it. Even with the thread still well and good, the pair of sandels is damn slippery. I threw it away as it will be dangerous to continue wearing them.

I would say the same thing applies to tyres. The grip will deteriote once the rubber harden. So be safe.

A  Responsible Tire company had factored in this issue when they formulate his Tire,.

that is why Officially they provide 5 to 6 Years warranty.

so long we use within the Period you are Safe.

Don't stress. Sell your car and take public transport, save money and you can sleep better.

Seriously, if you have to think so hard about spending $200 in return for safety, you should not be driving. Hard truths.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Must do this liao.

post-137774-0-32656700-1559036458_thumb.jpg

Look around and I realized that it is not difficult to spot F1 wanna be drivers (using F1 style tyre) :D

mcJApQR.jpg

• Praise 5

Must do this liao.

post-137774-0-32656700-1559036458.jpg

Basket, literally draw "flower" (没花画花), but hor after a few km all "flower" (thread for the non-chinese reader) gone liao, must stop by the road side and draw again :D :D

BTW, this is ownself cheat ownself... a life is worth much more than what the tyre would cost. [furious] 

Safety first please... :excl:

Nah...All form no functionality.

Use penknife cut better.

Wah lau, draw flower is already a NO NO, and you still want to use penknife to cut pattern, once on the road, will burst and kill many! [dead]  [dead]

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator

Hahaha. he can keep changing the thread pattern all he wants!

Basket, literally draw "flower" (没花画花), but hor after a few km all "flower" (thread for the non-chinese reader) gone liao, must stop by the road side and draw again :D :D

Don't stress. Sell your car and take public transport, save money and you can sleep better.

Seriously, if you have to think so hard about spending $200 in return for safety, you should not be driving. Hard truths.

yes

for me i never sting on tires is not becuase i am Rich , but i always place My Car safety above nealry everthing.

i carry my Families , Friends , and Anyone in my car , which i value their Safety and Mine.

to buy a Premium or Budget or pre own or stick with current old tire is A choice, just make your Choice wisely.

make your Own choice , seeking opinions is another choice which may lead you to cross Junction.

every car and Drivers drives and Perform differently, investing a Good set of tires is worth or low cost (to me) to enhance the safety of your every Journey.

Just MHO

• Praise 4

agreed, tyre is safety item. cannot stinge.

was in a transcab once, light dirzzle and roads were wet. traffic light turned amber and cabbie jam brake. by the time we came to a complete stop already in the middle of the junction. heng no lorry coming out from pasir panjang wholesale centre. otherwise I  [angel] .

• Praise 1

(edited)

anyone any idea which shop carry primacy 4. make in Thai and not the china version.

need 4 piece for my vezel.

215/60/16R.

Edited by Kopites

(edited)

anyone any idea which shop carry primacy 4. make in Thai and not the china version.

need 4 piece for my vezel.

215/60/16R.

Got china vesion meh Edited by Beregond

Got china vesion mehð¤

I am not sure. I remember reading/hearing somewhere there are two versions. so must make sure.

was in a transcab once, light dirzzle and roads were wet. traffic light turned amber and cabbie jam brake. by the time we came to a complete stop already in the middle of the junction. heng no lorry coming out from pasir panjang wholesale centre. otherwise I  [angel] .

Most of the taxis here 0 emphasis safety one. Look at the tyres, mostly are those Lakeview / Lakeside whatever unknown brand tyres on those Transcab. Tyres maybe 10 years old already, grooved tyres driven until become slick tyres. Combination of transcab typical gangster driver and these tyres = recipe for disaster.

Airbags maybe only 2 or 1 (driver only). Ironic thing is they transport people daily and clock high mileage. What a joke.

• Praise 1

I am also thinking of changing my tyres if I am intending to use her to the 10 years. My current tyres is 2 years 1 month old. If I can change them in other two months and use the new tyres for 2.5 years.

was in a transcab once, light dirzzle and roads were wet. traffic light turned amber and cabbie jam brake. by the time we came to a complete stop already in the middle of the junction. heng no lorry coming out from pasir panjang wholesale centre. otherwise I [angel] .

All car the same when E brake.

Except Good car braking system and Good Tires you car stop at shorter distance.

I heard from some one who did a tire test personally (invited by Tire company)

The premium Quality brand against middle Quality brand the stopping distance is difference of around 1 meter at the speed of 85km/h

This is a average result of 20 persons

Can imagine the 1 meter difference?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1