Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

4th Gear

From the various car sales staff I encountered across different marques and used cars I find a general lack of passion for the cars they are selling. It is like they have no interest to know more about their products beyond the printed brochure which potential customers can read for themselves.

I find there are pple here in forums that know more than the sales pple.

I also encountered staff from Brand A who kept criticising Brand B and months later I found her working for Brand B.

This could be a cultural issue for local sales staff in Singapore. Serving the bare minimum to close the deal.

• Praise 3

Increasing sales targets and at the same time reducing commisions by saying "a market which is expected to shrink over the next two years on account of smaller certificate of entitlement quotas." is contradictory.

I thought it is less less complicated than buying refrigerator given the limited car models they sell!

In fact used car sales people will need to be more knowledgeable.

I think this will further lower the level of professionalism in their SEs. Buying Toyota cars would almost be like buying a refrigerator.

we are one of the world most expensive city but our salary is not one of the highest.

not 100% true, the salary of some of the people in Singapore are world highest.

4th Gear

Think BM would also know their own staff has been riding on the Toyota brand that sells itself. It is probably good enough to be sold online without sales staff. Hence cutting commission and putting a higher sales target is simply telling them to wake up and provide more value. Maybe better after-sales such as customer relationship building?

6th Gear

Actually don't need salesman, sometimes buyers know more. Just cut them and pass the savings to us

• Praise 5

Just look at the number of jobs they have been advertising....but it true their sales people doing lesser work now.

Corporate world is new boss, u must listen. Else, you are more than welcome to leave. This company basically outside inside out all changed new engine already....not minor gasket leak overhaul only....whole engine changed haha

"Not happy pls go!" Is the underlying meaning as they projected do not need so big number of sales persons anymore. More or less staffs, the number sold still about the same, so the hardworking ones should be earn more. Why KPKB over this?? Just sell 1 or 2 more every month can cover or earn even more....lesser sales staffs is better for hardworking sales staff, lazy ones ( can imagine just sell 2 or 3 units every month need to go)...

Those with poor sales figures will be retrenched eventually. I doubt bm want so many sales staff for the next few years

Increasing sales targets and at the same time reducing commisions by saying "a market which is expected to shrink over the next two years on account of smaller certificate of entitlement quotas." is contradictory.

Not contradicting if you understand. 10 staff x 10 cars each = 5 staff x 20 cars each. Just less of them standing around only.

Supersonic
(edited)

From the various car sales staff I encountered across different marques and used cars I find a general lack of passion for the cars they are selling. It is like they have no interest to know more about their products beyond the printed brochure which potential customers can read for themselves.

I find there are pple here in forums that know more than the sales pple.

I also encountered staff from Brand A who kept criticising Brand B and months later I found her working for Brand B.

This could be a cultural issue for local sales staff in Singapore. Serving the bare minimum to close the deal.

A notable exception used to be Munich Auto in Teban.

Some of the salesmen really knew the cars they were selling. Like Chester Chong, who is himself a very hardcore car guy driving a heavily modded 1M. Arthur was also pretty cool, he had an M235i of his own.

Sad to say, all that's gone with the wind. With PML now administering PMA at Leng Kee and all the old sales staff at Munich Teban having been let go or repurposed to sell Alpinas, it's no longer the same. The sales staff at PML don't know their non-M BMWs very well (they never did, PML is a non-exclusive fish market). The new guys at PMA are not as well-versed with M and MPA cars as some of the old Munich staff (especially Chester).

Sad state of affairs. I'd rather buy from a fellow enthusiast who demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of his product.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

I thought it is less less complicated than buying refrigerator given the limited car models they sell!

In fact used car sales people will need to be more knowledgeable.

used car people no need to be knowledgeable, just need to be evil enough to con people buying defective car at high price...
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

“…She added that the company had also put in a system which generates leads for its sales staff

This system is an absolute failure.

There was a Toyota private sales on 8 March this year and as I was unable to attend, I replied Borneo Motors email invite to indicate my interest and  to have the price list and have a sales staff contact me.  

Nobody contacted me.

The sale went to a competitor.

Heartiest Congratulations, Borneo Motors!

Edited by Vinceng

Clutched

Actually don't need salesman, sometimes buyers know more. Just cut them and pass the savings to us

That's assuming they really do pass savings to consumers. Haha. Would u if u're them ?
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

wah... do they still have a jap lady clad in kimono to open the main door of the leng kee showroom and usher you to the reception when you enter?

or was that under the old management?

• Praise 1

This is certainly a good move from the highly paid CEO and CFO of a public listed company point of view. First they cut snr mgmt, now they cut sales commission and still force them to do more sales, if not happy, thank you very much , there will be people happy to take up your role and work doubly hard. I have been in a corporate life all the whole, so trust me, this is how it works.

Yes, this is especially true for a listed company like Inchcape and exactly what I have seen in my industry over the last 5 years.

No matter what is the attitude of the sales peoplw in BM, most of them are Singaporeans and I hate to see them losing their jobs....

(edited)

A notable exception used to be Munich Auto in Teban.

Some of the salesmen really knew the cars they were selling. Like Chester Chong, who is himself a very hardcore car guy driving a heavily modded 1M. Arthur was also pretty cool, he had an M235i of his own.

Sad to say, all that's gone with the wind. With PML now administering PMA at Leng Kee and all the old sales staff at Munich Teban having been let go or repurposed to sell Alpinas, it's no longer the same. The sales staff at PML don't know their non-M BMWs very well (they never did, PML is a non-exclusive fish market). The new guys at PMA are not as well-versed with M and MPA cars as some of the old Munich staff (especially Chester).

Sad state of affairs. I'd rather buy from a fellow enthusiast who demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of his product.

I applied to both pml n pma b4 but they no hire me leh. Sads man Edited by Mockngbrd

Supersonic

I applied to both pml n pma b4 but they no hire me leh. Sads man

If you're being serious, that's even more depressing. You know your stuff. If I bought another Bimmer, it would be fun to buy from you lol.

↡ Advertisement