Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

Supersonic
(edited)

Don't you feel the SE here don't actually know much abt the cars they are supposed to be selling?

They are supposed to know the cars inside out and be prepared to answer any questions we have while we were there viewing the model. Most of the time, they are clueless what specs the car they are selling have and have zero idea how the car drives or compared to other makes. I think I have more car knowledge than most of them.

If there is an online, nonfanciful, cheaper way of buying car, I will definitely buy thru it.

Lastly, in today's era of YouTube and online reviews, we shd already googled enough info to decide which car we are going to buy. The only thing we could hope fo in Singapore context is getting the lowest price out of it.

again I say..you are here because you know about cars review and youtube.

there are people around not so IT savvy.

do spare a thought for this group of people.

there are people still don't understand guarantee and non guarantee coe.

Fair to the SE they are there to assist on you purchase not acting as information portal. How can a SE knowledge compare with global automobile review program.

I appreciate SE present same like I hate talking to a machine over the tel con.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Read a few comments to just cut the SA and go full online, pass the cost savings to the customers. But how many times have you seen generous price cuts when going digital?

• Buying movie tickets online is no cheaper, in fact it cost more with the $1.50 online booking fee when the customers are doing all the work (keying particulars, self collection of tickets/E tickets)
  • Buying digital games (PS store etc.) cost more when compared to getting a physical copy. Not sure where the cost savings of shipping, printing, manufacturing went to. 

Then there is the recently announced WoWo shifting some of their models production to China for SG market. No obvious price cut too.

I dont mind having good SA, if you have a good relationship with your SA the benefits of after sales services, freebies, future car purchases etc. worth paying the commission. Not sure for Borneo SA, hopefully not close deal and forget. Understand they go by volumes so may be harder.   

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

The last time I got a new Toyota (my Wish) was early 2016. No kimono lady. Sad. My wish would be to see chio Kimono lady open the door, then open her kimono. :D

Got Japanese lady leh in Lexus side like in late 40’s but just wear like a uniform type (that was 4 years back ) , she bow down I like blurr

Yup if bm were to go by cost savings. Each car comms 350 dollar, give u 350 dolla discount to buy online u will buy? No get to nego freebies, etc...

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Read a few comments to just cut the SA and go full online, pass the cost savings to the customers. But how many times have you seen generous price cuts when going digital?

• Buying movie tickets online is no cheaper, in fact it cost more with the $1.50 online booking fee when the customers are doing all the work (keying particulars, self collection of tickets/E tickets)
  • Buying digital games (PS store etc.) cost more when compared to getting a physical copy. Not sure where the cost savings of shipping, printing, manufacturing went to.
Then there is the recently announced WoWo shifting some of their models production to China for SG market. No obvious price cut too.

I dont mind having good SA, if you have a good relationship with your SA the benefits of after sales services, freebies, future car purchases etc. worth paying the commission. Not sure for Borneo SA, hopefully not close deal and forget. Understand they go by volumes so may be harder.

a good relationship with SE also assist in explaining on latest government policies. my company do that so often with phone call to SE..how..why..hahahaha

many times as individual buyer we buy and full stopped no further contact with the SE. company don't work that way. a long term trustable SE can provide company with saving in financial and times.

Edited by Kopites

Supersonic
(edited)

Yup if bm were to go by cost savings. Each car comms 350 dollar, give u 350 dolla discount to buy online u will buy? No get to nego freebies, etc...

I want talk to female SE. negotiate though hardly fruitful also joy. Edited by Kopites

Supersonic
(edited)

a good relationship with SE also assist in explaining on latest government policies. my company do that so often with phone call to SE..how..why..hahahaha

many times as individual buyer we buy and full stopped no further contact with the SE. company don't work that way. a long term trustable SE can provide company with saving in financial and times.

But not every potential buyer is able to engage in such level of conversation, some do not even understand, some do not bother because he just want to buy a car, some half know half dont know but start talking like a typical taxi uncle, some may even turn the discussion that into a politics session, so SE has to be smart enough who to talk, I am sure not many of suitable audience left at the end. I am not being negative, just because I have seen enough over the years dealing with people at all levels from all walks of life. No right or wrong with anyone, just different people see things differently. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Actually those sell by itself brands , just hire those Chio Bus and Gao Tim liao... Y must so complicated?

• Praise 6

(edited)

But not every potential buyer is able to engage in such level of conversation, some do not even understand, some do not bother because he just want to buy a car, some half know half dont know but start talking like a typical taxi uncle, some may even turn the discussion that into a politics session, so SE has to be smart enough who to talk, I am sure not many of suitable audience left at the end. I am not being negative, just because I have seen enough over the years dealing with people at all levels from all walks of life. No right or wrong with anyone, just different people see things differently.

I agree, diff market segments so diff customer base. Not easy being an SE as opposed to what some thinks, for customers that like to talk everything under the sky. Up to SE to decide if the buyer is serious, sometimes chit chatting and playing along can close deals, if the SE decides not to entertain people will complain "stuck up". This is true for all service line. 

Hope Borneo/Inchcape understands that SE are the ones in the front line and bringing in the sales. Esp those that have been there awhile and have accumulated their network of towkays contacts (mostly their second car or friends referral).

Personally when I am serious in buying a car. I won't even trouble the SE till I am very sure. I rather they entertain others while I slowly molest the car. I'm also not one of those to go down Leng Kee for fun every new car launches. Nth wrong with admiring new car in showrooms don't disturb the SE. If only everyone thinks like that. 

Edited by Atachi
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

So were the SEs there extra courteous to you after seeing you in your Ferrari?

Not that I noticed lol. :D

Yup, agreed. New car salesmen can just read off the brochure.

But then, any customer worth their salt will just remark, "wow, you can read the brochure!" [laugh]

Anyway, not many used car salesmen in SG know their cars la. Hahaha

I thought it is less less complicated than buying refrigerator given the limited car models they sell!

In fact used car sales people will need to be more knowledgeable.

Dun liddat leh...

There are still peeps driving Wish leh. [laugh]

Bought in 2016 as a second car (my daily at the time was the Ferrari F430), sold before the year ended (traded in for the M140i).

Originally intended to ferry my extended family in comfort to Malaysia for long road trips (with the ancillary benefit of pissing off my wife who would have to drive (and more importantly park) that lummox daily). Didn't work out on either score, we didn't take that road trip and my wife became a much better driver and parker than I bargained on. Shouldn't have surprised me, she had experience with a used Honda Odyssey before that which she had grown to love.

Every time I had to drive the Wish I wished that personal firearms were legal here. Then I could put myself out of my misery. Haha.

So since nothing was working out and I got a good trade in on the damn thing with Munich Auto, I sold it within 8 to 9 months of having bought it.

Good riddance. I don't miss the size and I certainly don't miss the dreadful lack of 'go'.

(I could only tolerate driving it with heavy and aggressive use of the tiptronic shift. I kind of feel bad for whoever bought it after I sold it and thought they were getting an "almost new car". Nah, sorry not sorry.

Very hazy now. But I think first time I brought my M5 (stealth mode, most people will just think normal 5 series haha). Second time when I needed to go to the showroom for a short while, I brought the F430 since I was already in the vicinity in that car. :D

Ppl think u collecting LS haha

You really think he own a super car?

I don’t think you own one though

So were the SEs there extra courteous to you after seeing you in your Ferrari?

Maybe the SE so noob that they think his ferrari is just a lotus lol
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

They will have to deal with local legislation, import duties etc. But not impossible, like buying from Amazon .. They need a local dealer to deal with warranty claims and servicing. No need big showroom. Pop up store to showcase new models or test drive with online appointment.

But customers need to be fairly tech and car savvy in the first place. Some people just need the extra human assurance, which could mean nothing, but still help to push sales.

Buy Altis no need tech savvy lah. Buyer oredi made up mind that it's the bestest coz unker, auntie, neighbour, relatives (who oso onli buy toyota) say it's the bestest...
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Hyundai did it, but I think the mechanism has a lot of internal conflict as no one would want to dilute their salary.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/you-can-now-buy-a-hyundai-online-but-youll-still-need-to-make-a-trip-to-the-showroom-to-get-the-keys/

now cars are the latest thing you can buy at 3am without getting off the sofa.

South Korean car maker Hyundai Motor Company â alongside Komoco Motors, its sole distributor in Singapore â is now letting Singapore customers buy cars online via a new site, which promises to make the âoften arduousâ process of purchasing a car way more convenient.

On the site, customers can browse available models, colours, expert reviews, and 3D renders of the carsâ exteriors and interiors. Thereâs an option to arrange for a test drive at a location of their choice, and a sales consultant will bring the model to the meeting point. The site will also have online-only deals, and show buyers various financing schemes for their chosen car.

If a customer chooses to buy a car, they create an account on the site through which they submit financial and administrative documents, and make payment. This, however, will not be available on Certificate of Entitlement bidding days.

The last step is to visit a showroom â just once â to sign final documents and get the actual car.

I checked it out. The prices there same as showroom price. Waste tine half hearted approach
↡ Advertisement