Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

Supersonic

I am a dealer, i self sell my own stock yes, returns? can be good can be bad, i win some and lose some.

My point is that what they declare doesnt reflect their real income, talking about Borneo here.

Ahemmm....are u implying that SEs take a cut of the oredi lowball price when they refer to used car dealer?...*shock*horror*
↡ Advertisement

Ahemmm....are u implying that SEs take a cut of the oredi lowball price when they refer to used car dealer?...*shock*horror*

Of course they do earn from trade in cars. How many percentage of a cut they take is industry secret

Top income bracket is 320k...not 250k..in fact the tax liability gapped v wide aft 250k :((

kumsia for the info!

bottomline is me and a few here are at the bottoms, hahahahahahahha

my recent experience with trade in price is can nego and sometimes it get escalated to Head of Sales, even GM/MD level

cos is back to back to the purchase price and bundling of the new car buying

but its still loss, just don lose so much and how much is so much is the key tat buyer hv to decide, before even signing on the dotted line both ways...

Supersonic

kumsia for the info!

bottomline is me and a few here are at the bottoms, hahahahahahahha

my recent experience with trade in price is can nego and sometimes it get escalated to Head of Sales, even GM/MD level

cos is back to back to the purchase price and bundling of the new car buying

but its still loss, just don lose so much and how much is so much is the key tat buyer hv to decide, before even signing on the dotted line both ways...

First rule.....never trade in. U lose leverage immediately. Only if u hv scrap car n they can't lowball further

Of course they do earn from trade in cars. How many percentage of a cut they take is industry secret

I'm not certain but I believe SE do not earn from trade in. For most big AD, they have their own used car departments and the company earn not SE
  • Praise 1

First rule.....never trade in. U lose leverage immediately. Only if u hv scrap car n they can't lowball further

Sell via quotze. Not fantastic price but better than trade in

correct

but i boh pian

no time to self sell

and nid car back to back cos of a chid seat:)

trade in car only 1 year old cos when i was buying it, the new car not launch yet till one year later....

Sell via quotze. Not fantastic price but better than trade in

prior to trade in, got a quotation from quotz, range is close

Supersonic

correct

but i boh pian

no time to self sell

and nid car back to back cos of a chid seat:)

trade in car only 1 year old cos when i was buying it, the new car not launch yet till one year later....

prior to trade in, got a quotation from quotz, range is close

Quotz quotation is a range. Usually final price is close to the midpoint of the range. Your trade in quote is close to the lowpoint or midpoint?

Quotz quotation is a range. Usually final price is close to the midpoint of the range. Your trade in quote is close to the lowpoint or midpoint?

if my memory serves me correctly

range was 75-80, and the promise if sell thru the quotz bidding process is sure hv 75 else refund 100bucks

i got 83 trade in

Supersonic

if my memory serves me correctly

range was 75-80, and the promise if sell thru the quotz bidding process is sure hv 75 else refund 100bucks

i got 83 trade in

Overtrade?

Overtrade?

educate me a bit

wats the difference between trade in and overtrade?

there was 2 rounds of escalation in add to inital offer

if my memory serves again

78 to 80

80 to 82

82 to 83.5 ( i round down earlier paisey)

Supersonic

Trade in = actual lowball price ADs will take in

Overtrade = inflated trade in (and invoice) price to make buyers feel they getting a good deal and lowers the downpayment. But ultimately it's coming from the buyer's pocket

But doesn't matter lah. Buy oredi just be happy

Overtrade = inflated trade in (and invoice) price to make buyers feel they getting a good deal and lowers the downpayment. But ultimately it's coming from the buyer's pocket

honestly the strategy was:

nego the new car purchase price and bundle first and freeze it, and of cos i deem it a good worthy value product

then nego the trade in 

was prepared to walk away and wait and see back later if lose too much having decided before hand wats too much

am happy with the overall outcome, good product, value too, professional SE, very good product knowledge

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Can you explain more on why overtrade coming from buyer's pocket? I often hear overtrade but not sure what it means.

Supersonic

honestly the strategy was:

nego the new car purchase price and bundle first and freeze it, and of cos i deem it a good worthy value product

then nego the trade in

was prepared to walk away and wait and see back later if lose too much having decided before hand wats too much

am happy with the overall outcome, good product, value too, professional SE, very good product knowledge

Good deal then. Seldom ever ADs will give better trade in price (without overtrade). My personal experience of AD trade in vs Quotz bidding:

(i) AD $39k vs Quotz $43k

(ii) AD $105k vs Quotz $120k

(edited)

Good deal then. Seldom ever ADs will give better trade in price (without overtrade). My personal experience of AD trade in vs Quotz bidding:

(i) AD $39k vs Quotz $43k

(ii) AD $105k vs Quotz $120k

u must have liked the cars to purchase so much:)

cold calculated move would be to let go thru quotz

unless again car is needed back to back

Edited by Kodiaqer

Supersonic

u must have liked the cars to purchase so much:)

cold calculated move would be to let go thru quotz

unless again car is needed back to back

I hv 2 cars so not so subjected to the back to back situation. I oso make this known to the SE that i not desparate to buy if deal not good coz i still hv another car to get around
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2